Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Baltimore Ravens offered first and second round picks, TE Hayden Hurst

(09-22-2019, 10:38 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Seems like a valuable trade for both teams.. this just tells me we aren't serious about trading him and are just doing it as an obligation to honor the player's wishes. I'm all for keeping him, we just have to make him happy to be here.

A couple of low picks in the first two rounds plus a 26-year-old second year tight end who's had problems staying healthy and is currently third on his team's depth chart. Yep, sounds like a great deal. Teams don't offer their previous year's first-rounder in trade unless they're sure they made a mistake.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2019, 12:04 PM by homebiscuit.)

As I stated previously, I believe TC is gone after this season, regardless. Let Ramsey know his working conditions will improve next season and then pay him. Do not trade him.

(09-22-2019, 11:59 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 10:38 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Seems like a valuable trade for both teams.. this just tells me we aren't serious about trading him and are just doing it as an obligation to honor the player's wishes. I'm all for keeping him, we just have to make him happy to be here.

A couple of low picks in the first two rounds plus a 26-year-old second year tight end who's had problems staying healthy and is currently third on his team's depth chart. Yep, sounds like a great deal. Teams don't offer their previous year's first-rounder in trade unless they're sure they made a mistake.

IMHO, there are no teams in the position to offer us what Ramsey is worth.

Valuable trade? It's a low 1st, a low 2nd and failed 1st rounder. No way! They better sweeten that offer. We don't want their failed draft pick. Trade Hurst for Mark Andrews and I take the deal. Andrews is one of the best young, pass catching TE's in the NFL. Acquiring him would actually be like getting a 1st round pick. Hurst would be like getting a 7th rounder.

(09-21-2019, 02:14 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 01:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Has anyone from the Front Office even mentioned that Ramsey is on the market? Do we have a quote or a link or anything at all that validates this other than "Ramsey said trade me and other teams are making some inquiries?"
(09-21-2019, 01:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The usual suspects of NFL rumors like Rapaport and Schefter have all been reporting that 20 plus teams have reached out to the jags about  Ramsey. Including at least 4 “serious offers.”
(09-21-2019, 01:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So it's really Ramsey and outsiders, nothing from the team that says he's available then. Still sounds like a big nothingburger.
It's all national media. They keep showing they have no clue what happens in Jacksonville. 1st he wasn't going to play, then traded  Friday, then he was playing, etc. They are not getting any info from the Jaguars unless the Jaguars wanted them to have the info.

The local media had no info, but they also didn't understand why Ramsey was doing this. The local media don't understand what Ramsey is about.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I've see a few national shows interview or use John Reid from the Florida Times-Union as their source. He was fairly certain Ramsey would be gone interviews. Never heard of him before last week.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2019, 01:06 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(09-21-2019, 01:12 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 01:07 PM)EricC85 Wrote: They’re not set serious about trading him then I’d take that deal

What do you mean?

I'm still trying to decode his cryptic message.

[Image: 2016-07-30_0355.png]

Ravens D cant hang with KC. So, they wont be able to hang with the Patriots.

Tomorrow ESPN will report:
Jaguars get:
2020 1st
2021 1st
2022 1st

Ravens get:
Jalen Ramsey

(09-22-2019, 12:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: As I stated previously, I believe TC is gone after this season, regardless. Let Ramsey know his working conditions will improve next season and then pay him. Do not trade him.

(09-22-2019, 11:59 AM)TJBender Wrote: A couple of low picks in the first two rounds plus a 26-year-old second year tight end who's had problems staying healthy and is currently third on his team's depth chart. Yep, sounds like a great deal. Teams don't offer their previous year's first-rounder in trade unless they're sure they made a mistake.

Miami or Oakland, perhaps, but I'd rather see the checkbook opened up tbqh.

(09-22-2019, 04:54 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 12:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: As I stated previously, I believe TC is gone after this season, regardless. Let Ramsey know his working conditions will improve next season and then pay him. Do not trade him.

Miami or Oakland, perhaps, but I'd rather see the checkbook opened up tbqh.

Miami is hoarding draft picks and Oakland is scared shy of locker room issues after the whole Brown debacle.

(09-22-2019, 03:45 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Ravens D cant hang with KC. So, they wont be able to hang with the Patriots.

Jaguars get:
2020 1st
2021 1st
2022 1st

Ravens get:
Jalen Ramsey
The issue here is that both KC and NE spread the ball around. They aren't centered around 1 WR that Jalen could take away.

(09-22-2019, 03:45 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Ravens D cant hang with KC. So, they wont be able to hang with the Patriots.

Jaguars get:
2020 1st
2021 1st
2022 1st

Ravens get:
Jalen Ramsey

That sounds like three first round picks, but in terms of value, it's really a first, second, and third.  That's not any different from a 1st this year, a 2nd this year, and a player equivalent to a 3rd round pick, which is what the Ravens have already offered.

There really isn't going to be much outside of 2 first round picks plus a player that will equal Jalen Ramsey. Dude is 24 and a major baller, top 3 CB in the NFL if used right.

(09-22-2019, 01:00 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 02:14 PM)p_rushing Wrote: It's all national media. They keep showing they have no clue what happens in Jacksonville. 1st he wasn't going to play, then traded  Friday, then he was playing, etc. They are not getting any info from the Jaguars unless the Jaguars wanted them to have the info.

The local media had no info, but they also didn't understand why Ramsey was doing this. The local media don't understand what Ramsey is about.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I've see a few national shows interview or use John Reid from the Florida Times-Union as their source. He was fairly certain Ramsey would be gone interviews. Never heard of him before last week.

Reid is a solid reporter for the local paper. 
If you ever listen to the pressers on Jaguars.com and here a question coming from a low and gruff sounding voice, that's Reid.
Reid took over after O'Halloran left I think. He tweets pretty often on team news too.