Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jalen Ramsey trade not imminent for Jaguars

Jalen Ramsey trade not imminent for Jaguars

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...or-jaguars

Per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, the Jacksonville Jaguars have no deal in place to trade star cornerback Jalen Ramsey. The two-time Pro Bowler requested a trade earlier in the week.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Looks like he's here to stay. Do the right thing, make him the highest paid cornerback.

PAY THE MAN.

But has they changed his mind? Does he want to stay? That’s the only question that matters
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(09-21-2019, 07:35 PM)EricC85 Wrote: But has they changed his mind? Does he want to stay? That’s the only question that matters

What if he don't want to stay??? Too bad, he has a contract he must honor. Only option is to pull a Telvin Smith. I don't see that happening, he has the drive to be the best. Now after this contract if they don't pay him ..say by this next off season then i bet he don't want to be here..

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 07:50 PM by jaguarmvp.)

If the Ravens offer of a late 1st round pick, late 2nd round pick(likely), and a mediocre tight end was the best offer I am glad they passed. Ramsey is an elite player so you just don't give him away for peanuts. If a fair offer does not come through then the front end needs to try to repair the relationship.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

If we don't get the right price, we shouldn't trade him. Some teams will get more desperate though, closer to the trade deadline in October. Right now, it's very early in the season. Maybe when Jalen sees that no team is yet willing to pony up two 1st rounders for him, he'll be a little humbled, step up his game and work hard to show he's worth that and we'll get a deal done in a few weeks. Until then, keep playing him.

(09-21-2019, 08:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If we don't get the right price, we shouldn't trade him. Some teams will get more desperate though, closer to the trade deadline in October. Right now, it's very early in the season. Maybe when Jalen sees that no team is yet willing to pony up two 1st rounders for him, he'll be a little humbled, step up his game and work hard to show he's worth that and we'll get a deal done in a few weeks. Until then, keep playing him.

We shouldn't trade him even IF we got the right price.. I'd rather have Ramsey than 2 firsts..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Has anyone tried to trade for Ramsey using picks on Madden? I have a feeling 2 1sts doesn't register very high there either.

(09-21-2019, 07:45 PM)uthill Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 07:35 PM)EricC85 Wrote: But has they changed his mind? Does he want to stay? That’s the only question that matters

What if he don't want to stay??? Too bad, he has a contract he must honor. Only option is to pull a Telvin Smith. I don't see that happening, he has the drive to be the best. Now after this contract if they don't pay him ..say by this next off season then i bet he don't want to be here..

Ramsey actually would do that if he wasn't happy and the Jags don't trade him. While he wants to get paid, he isn't all about money. He wants to be the best, but if he isn't getting respect he feels he deserves, he would potentially walk away.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(09-21-2019, 08:39 PM)Upper Wrote: Has anyone tried to trade for Ramsey using picks on Madden? I have a feeling 2 1sts doesn't register very high there either.
You would have to edit his stats to make him 99 overall or at least enough to make him the highest rated cornerback. Then try trading him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-21-2019, 09:56 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 07:45 PM)uthill Wrote: What if he don't want to stay??? Too bad, he has a contract he must honor. Only option is to pull a Telvin Smith. I don't see that happening, he has the drive to be the best. Now after this contract if they don't pay him ..say by this next off season then i bet he don't want to be here..

Ramsey actually would do that if he wasn't happy and the Jags don't trade him. While he wants to get paid, he isn't all about money. He wants to be the best, but if he isn't getting respect he feels he deserves, he would potentially walk away.

Mr. Bank Truck walk away? Ahhhhaaahhahaaaaaa
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-21-2019, 09:56 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 07:45 PM)uthill Wrote: What if he don't want to stay??? Too bad, he has a contract he must honor. Only option is to pull a Telvin Smith. I don't see that happening, he has the drive to be the best. Now after this contract if they don't pay him ..say by this next off season then i bet he don't want to be here..

Call his bluff.  The team holds the cards.  Shad has said he will pay him.  Offer him the big contract.  If he walks away and retires, let him.  We keep his rights regardless.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

I'd just like to know what disrespectful things were said to Ramsey from the FO..

NEVER trade good players in their prime. Khan needs to override Coughlin or whoever is making these dumb decisions to play Fournette all game long or let Ramsey get traded. Don't Jagwire this up please we might actually have a QB.
No pain, no gain.

(09-22-2019, 09:59 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'd just like to know what disrespectful things were said to Ramsey from the FO..

Likely nothing that he didn't have coming, but you've got two people who are the exact polar opposite of one another here.

Coughlin (old school authoritarian) -------------------------------------------------------- Ramsey (entitled millennial)

Nothing that either says is going to translate easily to the other. This isn't a slight against Ramsey, it's just recognizing that because of his talent and dedication to craft, many ways have been paved for him since college signing day. He hadn't faced much blowback when he pulled some diva [BLEEP] until Coughlin came to town.  Those two are likely like oil and water when it comes to sorting this thing out.

(09-22-2019, 10:34 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 09:59 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'd just like to know what disrespectful things were said to Ramsey from the FO..

Likely nothing that he didn't have coming, but you've got two people who are the exact polar opposite of one another here.

Coughlin (old school authoritarian) -------------------------------------------------------- Ramsey (entitled millennial)

Nothing that either says is going to translate easily to the other. This isn't a slight against Ramsey, it's just recognizing that because of his talent and dedication to craft, many ways have been paved for him since college signing day. He hadn't faced much blowback when he pulled some diva [BLEEP] until Coughlin came to town.  Those two are likely like oil and water when it comes to sorting this thing out.

I just figure it was some old man [BLEEP].. Called him "youngin" or "junior" or something of the kind..

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2767...ing-ramsey

Ramsey still wants out, if Ramsey does not show up for practice, now what?

(09-22-2019, 10:51 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2767...ing-ramsey

Ramsey still wants out, if Ramsey does not show up for practice, now what?

You still don't trade him, and prepare to play without him. Him deciding to not show up is just going to hurt his value...... Let him do that. Next several games are winnable even without him. Jags should stick to their multiple first rounders demand, while publicly continuing to try and repair the relationship.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

After Brown's nonsense and antics. And, of course I understand Ramsey doesn't have the same issues off the field, etc.

I don't see the NFL kissing these diva's [BLEEP] for that much longer. If Ramsey does decide to miss meetings and practices it'll just be a bad move on his end.

You don't punish your teammates who have all played a role in elevating his level of play and value. It's a two way street. The lockeroom seems to love him. I don't see him compromising that.

I honestly don't see Ramsey sinking that far though. I think he's too stubborn for his own good. But the kid can play. And he'll keep playing until he's extended and the heartburn is resolved or until he's traded.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."