Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jalen Ramsey trade not imminent for Jaguars

Don't trade him.. If he wants to sit and pout until things get resolved, so be it. I have a feeling that if he does decide to sit, once he is offered that contract from Khan, water under the bridge and he suits back up..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-22-2019, 10:51 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2767...ing-ramsey

Ramsey still wants out, if Ramsey does not show up for practice, now what?

Then he loses a bunch of money, the respect of his teammates and any high ground he thinks he has with his antics. The team should and has answered his request for a trade with a "Nope.", so it's on him to either quit or play.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Jalen, in my opinion will be an Jaguar until he's done playing at an high level and or is done playing the game that we all Love.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I'm just sick of hearing all of this [BLEEP].
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Well that is an interesting twist. We shall see come next week. It is tiring but it is what it is... more minshew ... he progresses and this will be less of an issue.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-22-2019, 10:51 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2767...ing-ramsey

I don't care. If he doesn't show up for practice, fine him a game check. Hit him hard in the wallet. I'm not gonna trade a star player until the price is met and the price has not been met. He'll be a Jaguar until we get our asking price. Period.

(09-22-2019, 12:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I don't care. If he doesn't show up for practice, fine him a game check. Hit him hard in the wallet. I'm not gonna trade a star player until the price is met and the price has not been met. He'll be a Jaguar until we get our asking price. Period.

He's just so immature. Perhaps a little adversity will give him some perspective.

While I'd love for the organization to work things out with Ramsey one way or another, I'd absolutely trade him for a first rounder, a second rounder, and a solid player at a position of need.

The only caveat is that the first round pick needs to be a fairly early one. If this means waiting till the trade deadline to get a better read on team's projected records, then so be it.

(09-22-2019, 12:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: While I'd love for the organization to work things out with Ramsey one way or another, I'd absolutely trade him for a first rounder, a second rounder, and a solid player at a position of need.

The only caveat is that the first round pick needs to be a fairly early one. If this means waiting till the trade deadline to get a better read on team's projected records, then so be it.

From all accounts I've read, no one has offered that yet.

There is no quote just someone suggests he could not show up to practice.

If he sits out fine, tell him to go find 3 1st round picks or don't get paid for 3 years. Each day you sit another 1st round pick is added.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If I think talent was the only evaluation, I think we could probably get 2 first rounders.

His attitude is a concern for some GM's.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I suspect this whole trade demand drama will fade away and be forgotten. Khan gave him some strokes and a promise of a top level contract and I'm betting that smoothed over Ramsey's ruffled feathers.

(09-22-2019, 01:48 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: If I think talent was the only evaluation, I think we could probably get 2 first rounders.

His attitude is a concern for some GM's.

The Chiefs pretty much spelled it out for everybody. Teams don't want to trade away draft picks for a player that will become a distraction the second things aren't going according to his liking.

if he really cleaned out his locker as reported .......and doesn't show up for practice either...
I say sit him.
Something would give before the trade deadline.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-22-2019, 03:16 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: if he really cleaned out his locker as reported .......and doesn't show up for practice either...
I say sit him.
Something would give before the trade deadline.
They won't sit him, they will send him a letter saying he has to report in 5 days. If he doesn't, he goes on a list and is out the rest of the year without pay and probably doesn't get credit for a season.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

If he cleaned out his locker after Kahn offered to make him the highest paid corner in the NFL and still wants a trade sit him until you can trade him. If this is the case he wants off the team then paying him will just insure trouble down the road. Wait for the right offer and trade him and let his new team deal with him.

(09-22-2019, 05:22 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: If he cleaned out his locker after Kahn offered to make him the highest paid corner in the NFL and still wants a trade sit him until you can trade him. If this is the case he wants off the team then paying him will just insure trouble down the road. Wait for the right offer and trade him and let his new team deal with him.

Maybe I missed it, but where has it been said he cleared out his locker and that he received an offer from the jags?

(09-22-2019, 05:39 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 05:22 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: If he cleaned out his locker after Kahn offered to make him the highest paid corner in the NFL and still wants a trade sit him until you can trade him. If this is the case he wants off the team then paying him will just insure trouble down the road. Wait for the right offer and trade him and let his new team deal with him.

Maybe I missed it, but where has it been said he cleared out his locker and that he received an offer from the jags?
Was reported after the game that he had cleared his locker. No images of a cleared out locker, but in his very short presser, it did look like there wasn't much in it...... As for the "offer", I think he is simply referring to Khan's comment that he wants to pay Ramsey.

Players clear out lockers for a variety of reasons. Could be that he simply wanted to take a bunch of personal effects home to refill, wash, etc.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

(09-22-2019, 05:48 PM)raptor6581 Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 05:39 PM)Jags Wrote: Maybe I missed it, but where has it been said he cleared out his locker and that he received an offer from the jags?
Was reported after the game that he had cleared his locker. No images of a cleared out locker, but in his very short presser, it did look like there wasn't much in it...... As for the "offer", I think he is simply referring to Khan's comment that he wants to pay Ramsey.

Players clear out lockers for a variety of reasons. Could be that he simply wanted to take a bunch of personal effects home to refill, wash, etc.

It crossed my mind that maybe he cleaned out his locker so he didn’t have to return to the facility if he did get traded. Then I thought, he probably has people who would pick his stuff up for him in that case. As far as the trade itself, it would take two first rounders and two young inexpensive promising players for me to trade him. Something like 2020 and 2021 firsts, Goedert and Dillard from the Eagles. I don’t see us getting that though.

(09-22-2019, 06:13 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 05:48 PM)raptor6581 Wrote: Was reported after the game that he had cleared his locker. No images of a cleared out locker, but in his very short presser, it did look like there wasn't much in it...... As for the "offer", I think he is simply referring to Khan's comment that he wants to pay Ramsey.

It crossed my mind that maybe he cleaned out his locker so he didn’t have to return to the facility if he did get traded. Then I thought, he probably has people who would pick his stuff up for him in that case. As far as the trade itself, it would take two first rounders and two young inexpensive promising players for me to trade him. Something like 2020 and 2021 firsts, Goedert and Dillard from the Eagles. I don’t see us getting that though.
You can expect that the eagles will likely be picking late into the first round...... The Jags probably would want higher picks. Would take a team like Miami or Arizona making the call, plus giving some of their talent up (if the jags were even interested in any of their players). And yes, it could be that he was anticipating a trade to actually happen.