Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Most Exciting Back-up in Football. #15

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 09:57 PM by Rockman1966.)

https://youtu.be/nmJes75hgZ4

Love the Uncle Rico reference.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He's rock'in the jean shorts at the WSU/UCLA game tonight.

He isn't a back-up, he's the starter, period.

Team should do whatever they can to trade Foles in the off season. Get whatever you can for him and dump that awful contract.

(09-22-2019, 12:42 AM)Eric1 Wrote: He isn't a back-up, he's the starter, period.

Team should do whatever they can to trade Foles in the off season. Get whatever you can for him and dump that awful contract.

Even if Minshew plays well enough to hold the starting job down, I'd still think long and hard about keeping Foles next year. If you're paying your starter sixth-round money, who cares if your backup is making starter bank? And Foles has already won one Super Bowl after starting the year on the bench, so it's not like he wouldn't be good to have around in case Minshew falters or goes down.

(09-22-2019, 12:42 AM)Eric1 Wrote: He isn't a back-up, he's the starter, period.

Minshew has won me over as much as anyone, but let's not put the cart before the horse. I wanna see how he does in the weeks leading up to Foles' return before I make any snap judgments about who should be the future starter. Minshew is definitely starting well, but I need to see sustained success.

its a one shot wonder game. Maybe Jags have a decent year but thats it.
the afc south is irrelevant aside from the Colts. Always has been, always will be.

Minshew isnt the next Favre or anything. Maybe half a Majikowski

(09-22-2019, 02:51 AM)thinwhiteduke Wrote: its a one shot wonder game. Maybe Jags have a decent year but thats it.
the afc south is irrelevant aside from the Colts. Always has been, always will be.

Minshew isnt the next Favre or anything. Maybe half a Majikowski

Somebody get this man a glass of Kool Aid!

The Jaguars bid him up against themselves. No one else in the league wanted to pay him anything close to what the Jaguars did. He's going to be here for at least a couple of years.

Generally I would say something like "wait until teams have enough film on him". But, I don't feel that way about Gardner, he appears to have that fearless trait so many of the better Quarterbacks have. We will see ... I am cautiously optimistic.

(09-22-2019, 07:41 AM)Olive Wrote: Generally I would say something like "wait until teams have enough film on him". But, I don't feel that way about Gardner, he appears to have that fearless trait so many of the better Quarterbacks have. We will see ... I am cautiously optimistic.

I'm sure some of the better coordinators will begin finding tendencies in Gardner's game and take advantage before the season is up, but I think Flip is probably sharp enough to counter that to some degree. 

Thus far we've seen teams keep an extra eye on Westbrook a bit as they do have tape on him. I wonder if DJ Chark will begin getting that extra attention soon?

(09-22-2019, 10:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 07:41 AM)Olive Wrote: Generally I would say something like "wait until teams have enough film on him". But, I don't feel that way about Gardner, he appears to have that fearless trait so many of the better Quarterbacks have. We will see ... I am cautiously optimistic.

I'm sure some of the better coordinators will begin finding tendencies in Gardner's game and take advantage before the season is up, but I think Flip is probably sharp enough to counter that to some degree. 

Thus far we've seen teams keep an extra eye on Westbrook a bit as they do have tape on him. I wonder if DJ Chark will begin getting that extra attention soon?

Right now it seems teams are loading up on the run and daring the Jaguars to pass. Considering Fournette really isn't very dangerous I expect if the Jaguars play smart offense and stop running him into Linder's back on every first down opposing teams will probably back off of that soon and the team will become a bit more balanced. Can't stack up against the run and also double multiple receivers.

(09-22-2019, 11:28 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 10:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm sure some of the better coordinators will begin finding tendencies in Gardner's game and take advantage before the season is up, but I think Flip is probably sharp enough to counter that to some degree. 

Right now it seems teams are loading up on the run and daring the Jaguars to pass. Considering Fournette really isn't very dangerous I expect if the Jaguars play smart offense and stop running him into Linder's back on every first down opposing teams will probably back off of that soon and the team will become a bit more balanced. Can't stack up against the run and also double multiple receivers.

They didn't do that on Thursday night. They passed frequently on first down and they tried a few different 1st down run plays that had LF aimed at different gaps. None of them worked, but there certainly was no pervasive "run him up Linders back side every first down" going on.  They did run a bit more once they had a 17 point lead, but that's just smart football. 

I absolutely believe the respect Minshew and the receivers will be getting in coming weeks will open things up some for Fournette, but that front five for the Jags is losing their individual blocking very consistently and that has to improve too.

(09-22-2019, 07:26 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:

The Jaguars bid him up against themselves. No one else in the league wanted to pay him anything close to what the Jaguars did. He's going to be here for at least a couple of years.

Considering that it would cost something like $15M more against the cap to cut him that it would to keep him in 2020, I'd say he's safe through 2021 regardless of what happens to Minshew.

With a healthy Cam, our run game will improve. Hopefully Doug will give Richardson the starting reps at RG next week in practice. Richardson at RG will help improve the run game as well imo.

I think LF will break 100yard rushing against Den for the first time since the Pitt playoff game in 2017.

(09-22-2019, 11:34 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 11:28 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Right now it seems teams are loading up on the run and daring the Jaguars to pass. Considering Fournette really isn't very dangerous I expect if the Jaguars play smart offense and stop running him into Linder's back on every first down opposing teams will probably back off of that soon and the team will become a bit more balanced. Can't stack up against the run and also double multiple receivers.

They didn't do that on Thursday night. They passed frequently on first down and they tried a few different 1st down run plays that had LF aimed at different gaps. None of them worked, but there certainly was no pervasive "run him up Linders back side every first down" going on.  They did run a bit more once they had a 17 point lead, but that's just smart football. 

I absolutely believe the respect Minshew and the receivers will be getting in coming weeks will open things up some for Fournette, but that front five for the Jags is losing their individual blocking very consistently and that has to improve too.

It may take a few weeks off them doing that before teams start to adjust, mostly because teams tend to believe rookies will eventually crap the bed. We'll see how long it takes for opposing coordinators to believe they have to respect the passing game.

(09-22-2019, 01:42 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Minshew has won me over as much as anyone, but let's not put the cart before the horse. I wanna see how he does in the weeks leading up to Foles' return before I make any snap judgments about who should be the future starter. Minshew is definitely starting well, but I need to see sustained success.

Minshew should only continue to get better as the game slows down for him and he gets more experience. Hes also already been doing it with little to no running game.

Foles isn't any good to begin with and he is who he is. He's not going to get any better and they can use his money in better places elsewhere on this team. I don't want them to pay $25m per for a guy who isn't going to play more than 8 games in a season. I sure as hell don't want them to pay a guy that much to hold the clipboard.

Obvious we got the rest of this season to continue too see what Minshew can do, but I don't think he's going to just completely fall off the map in his play. The next 5-6 games are all winnable games imo.

@ Broncos (0-3)
@ Panthers (1-2)
Vs Saints (2-1 and no Brees)
@ Bengals (0-3)
Vs Jets (0-3)
Vs texans (2-1)
Bye Week - Week 10

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2019, 09:08 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Minchew's sis

https://twitter.com/HailStateVB/status/1...82790?s=19

https://hailstate.com/news/2019/9/11/vol...-made.aspx

(09-22-2019, 09:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Minchew's sis

Where's her workout tape?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-22-2019, 09:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-22-2019, 09:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Minchew's sis

Where's her workout tape?

Im sure her bf or one of her ex's has it on a cell phone