Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peep everything.

(09-23-2019, 08:55 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 08:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: That's bad.  I was hoping cooler heads would prevail.  Apparently, he's not willing to compromise or extend an olive branch or anything.

what compromise can he do? He wants to get paid. the team is not budging. Coughlin needs to pay the man. Shad freakin Khan already gave him the go ahead.. Coughlin appears to be a stubborn old man.

No, we can't give in to this kind of crap.  I was all for paying him until now, but now I think it's best he leave.  Khan extended an olive branch, and at that point, Jalen's agent should have called Khan and asked him for clarification, and if Khan was serious, then Jalen should come to practice.  But now, I'm back on the other side.  It's not manageable if Jalen won't calm down just a little bit.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-23-2019, 08:57 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 08:55 AM)rocdee Wrote: what compromise can he do? He wants to get paid. the team is not budging. Coughlin needs to pay the man. Shad freakin Khan already gave him the go ahead.. Coughlin appears to be a stubborn old man.

I just dont think it's down to being paid at this point. Others have said it but I think this is becoming painfully obvious that it's more about just money now.

I disagree. Dude pulled up to Training Camp in a Brinks truck...he's been on IG live with Fournette talking about asking for an 'ungodly amount' of money....it's always been about money.

He's earned it, pay the man

(09-23-2019, 08:59 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 08:57 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: I just dont think it's down to being paid at this point. Others have said it but I think this is becoming painfully obvious that it's more about just money now.

I disagree. Dude pulled up to Training Camp in a Brinks truck...he's been on IG live with Fournette talking about asking for an 'ungodly amount' of money....it's always been about money.

How can you say that without knowing how much he's asking for?

For context:
This "peep" tweet was after it was reported that he'd called in sick for Monday's practice.
Which is probably his way of continuing to voice his displeasure with the F.O. (Coughlin).

So much for not wanting to be a distraction.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-23-2019, 08:59 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 08:57 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: I just dont think it's down to being paid at this point. Others have said it but I think this is becoming painfully obvious that it's more about just money now.

Khan has already offered to make him the highest paid CB in the league yet he still holds out. He is trying to “pay the man”. What more do you want?

(09-23-2019, 09:05 AM)knarnn Wrote: So much for not wanting to be a distraction.

And to keep being a great teammate.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-23-2019, 09:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 08:59 AM)rocdee Wrote: I disagree. Dude pulled up to Training Camp in a Brinks truck...he's been on IG live with Fournette talking about asking for an 'ungodly amount' of money....it's always been about money.

Khan has already offered to make him the highest paid CB in the league yet he still holds out. He is trying to “pay the man”. What more do you want?

Exactly. The whole world knows this so you know Ramsey knows it. It's more than just the money at this point. 

I'm all in favor of Coughlin getting the boot over Ramsey because if he goes then I think more talent goes right behind him. Period. 

Yeah you can't let the inmate run the asylum but we don't need Coughlin here running off talent with his old ways. That's just the way it is.

(09-23-2019, 08:59 AM)rocdee Wrote: I disagree. Dude pulled up to Training Camp in a Brinks truck...he's been on IG live with Fournette talking about asking for an 'ungodly amount' of money....it's always been about money.

Khan doesn't negotiate contracts, that falls at the feet of Coughlin. You act as if just because Khan said it, that it means that an offer has been extended. As far as we know, no offer has been extended. This is not hard to grasp.

Khan has said he'd be comfortable doing that. 
Coughlin runs the front office though, and Coughlin clearly is in a bit of a feud with #20. 

Khan would have to mandate Coughlin to put together an extension for Ramsey making him the highest paid corner. 
Two weeks after TC came to the locker room in Houston and gave Ramsey an earful about his sideline behavior.  Which led to a trade request. 

I could actually see the Gen. Patton-esque Coughlin resigning if Shad asked him to do that right now.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2019, 09:16 AM by The Real Marty.)

(09-23-2019, 09:09 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 09:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Khan has already offered to make him the highest paid CB in the league yet he still holds out. He is trying to “pay the man”. What more do you want?

Exactly. The whole world knows this so you know Ramsey knows it. It's more than just the money at this point. 

I'm all in favor of Coughlin getting the boot over Ramsey because if he goes then I think more talent goes right behind him. Period. 

Yeah you can't let the inmate run the asylum but we don't need Coughlin here running off talent with his old ways. That's just the way it is.

I think it would be a huge mistake to fire TC just because a player doesn't like him.  That would be a horrible precedent. 

Even if you wanted to fire him, you can't fire him now.  You can't let a player fire the VP of Football Operations.  Who's he going to want to fire next year?

(09-23-2019, 09:13 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 09:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Khan has already offered to make him the highest paid CB in the league yet he still holds out. He is trying to “pay the man”. What more do you want?

Khan doesn't negotiate contracts, that falls at the feet of Coughlin. You act as if just because Khan said it, that it means that an offer has been extended. As far as we know, no offer has been extended. This is not hard to grasp.

There's no way I would give him a contract now. He's ours for the season at minimum, hold him to it. If he doesn't show then suspend him and take $$$ and Free Agency away from him.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-23-2019, 09:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
Khan has said he'd be comfortable doing that. 
Coughlin runs the front office though, and Coughlin clearly is in a bit of a feud with #20. 

Khan would have to mandate Coughlin to put together an extension for Ramsey making him the highest paid corner. 
Two weeks after TC came to the locker room in Houston and gave Ramsey an earful about his sideline behavior.  Which led to a trade request. 

I could actually see the  Gen. Patton-esque Coughlin resigning if Shad asked him to do that right now.

Thank you for explaining this. It's not that hard to understand.

(09-23-2019, 09:15 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 09:13 AM)rocdee Wrote: Khan doesn't negotiate contracts, that falls at the feet of Coughlin. You act as if just because Khan said it, that it means that an offer has been extended. As far as we know, no offer has been extended. This is not hard to grasp.

There's no way I would give him a contract now. He's ours for the season at minimum, hold him to it. If he doesn't show then suspend him and take $$$ and Free Agency away from him.

I would tell him we're willing to talk to him, but first he has to show up for work.

(09-23-2019, 09:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 09:15 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: There's no way I would give him a contract now. He's ours for the season at minimum, hold him to it. If he doesn't show then suspend him and take $$$ and Free Agency away from him.

I would tell him we're willing to talk to him, but first he has to show up for work.

Yes, I agree with that, but the team has to be willing to take the hardest of lines with him too. This little drama could have huge ramifications for the League and its hard won structure of parity.

(09-23-2019, 09:14 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 09:09 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Exactly. The whole world knows this so you know Ramsey knows it. It's more than just the money at this point. 

I think it would be a huge mistake to fire TC just because a player doesn't like him.  That would be a horrible precedent. 

Even if you wanted to fire him, you can't fire him now.  You can't let a player fire the VP of Football Operations.  Who's he going to want to fire next year?

His only problem is with TC. This is his 4th year and he's never had a direct problem that can't be fixed with anyone else. It's known that TC is a discipline heavy freak and his ways are outdated. I just think it's looking at doing more harm than good towards the team if TC stays. Many already want him gone before Marrone/Caldwell/Wash etc... but this team can do it without him.

(09-23-2019, 09:21 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 09:14 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think it would be a huge mistake to fire TC just because a player doesn't like him.  That would be a horrible precedent. 

His only problem is with TC. This is his 4th year and he's never had a direct problem that can't be fixed with anyone else. It's known that TC is a discipline heavy freak and his ways are outdated. I just think it's looking at doing more harm than good towards the team if TC stays. Many already want him gone before Marrone/Caldwell/Wash etc... but this team can do it without him.

You cannot allow a player to fire a front office person.  Ever.

(09-23-2019, 06:25 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "Look at me, look at me, look at me!!!!"

Just like everything else the Clown Prince of Defense does.

Spot on.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Another thing I was thinking about is that Ramsey has yet to miss a game in his career. And being a proud guy, I think he plays Sunday.

(09-23-2019, 09:30 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 09:21 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: His only problem is with TC. This is his 4th year and he's never had a direct problem that can't be fixed with anyone else. It's known that TC is a discipline heavy freak and his ways are outdated. I just think it's looking at doing more harm than good towards the team if TC stays. Many already want him gone before Marrone/Caldwell/Wash etc... but this team can do it without him.

You cannot allow a player to fire a front office person.  Ever.

But if multiple veteran starters are unhappy with the front office person, you can wait until the end of the season then fire that front office person. If it's just Ramsey vs. Coughlin, Ramsey's your problem. If it's Coughlin vs. several team leaders, then your problem is probably Coughlin. IIRC, there were reports on Twitter as far back as the beginning of training camp that many of the players didn't care for the current regime, particularly Coughlin.