Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags vs Ponies Week

Currently 3 point underdogs, a way of saying it’s a toss up. 

Thinking if the defense plays well again it’s 16-10 win. 

Minshew throws another touchdown, leads some field goal drives. With no run game our offense will still slow down

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's a good game to watch for adjustments from Flip/Marrone in the run game. They may be realizing now that something's gotta give in order to get production out of that phase of the offense.

The broncos are about even with the Jags in run defense allowing just over 100 yards per game and middle of the pack league wide, so it could be a good opportunity to sprinkle in a few changes and see what works.

Broncos are turrible. Should be an easy win.

(09-23-2019, 11:44 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Broncos are turrible.  Should be an easy win.
Yea.... That's my concern.

Broncos have zero sacks, zero takeaways, their Oline is bad and Flacco is a statue. This is the week to see if this team and Minshew have something or not. I know it's a road game but they gotta get a W here.

I remember the last time we played Flacco. We may get him benched this go around.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-23-2019, 11:44 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Broncos are turrible.  Should be an easy win.

I sure hope so but the NFL is tough week in and week out.  We don't need them to get their defense right against us.  I'm hoping we see progress for the offense that includes better run blocking and some ability to mix up the game plan.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Jags picked off Flacco twice in '15, '16, and '17.

If they do that again, not sure how they would lose. Offensive tackle play will be biggest key against Miller and Chubb.

Should be a good test. Going to Mile High is always a unique challenge. It makes me think of some of our past visits. Of course, the glorious W in '96. I also think back to that game in 2013, we were 0-6 and in full rebuild, the Broncos were 6-0 with Manning at QB. People were saying we shouldn't even bother going, people saying it may be the biggest W in NFL history. I will always remember Poz's pick 6 in the 2nd Q.

We matchup very well with that Broncos O. The Oline struggles and Bolles has really been struggling. Flacco is a static QB which is just what we want. Lindsey and Royce Freeman are a nice RB duo but we should be able to contain it. Sanders looks their main threat at WR and he didn't seem happy after yesterday's game. I think they may try and force him a few which hopefully we can take advantage of.

The big worry. Von Miller and Chubb. Going to be relentless pressure. O line needs to give Minshew as much time as they can and we need some run game.

The Packers had 6 sacks and 10.5 TFL yesterday.

Going to need that same time of effort out of our boys come Sunday.

If we get 4nette going and Minshew gets us to 17points we’ll win. 

I don’t foresee their offense doing much better than the tacks did against our D

(09-23-2019, 02:24 PM)MojoKing Wrote: If we get 4nette going and Minshew gets us to 17points we’ll win. 

I don’t foresee their offense doing much better than the tacks did against our D

Minshew needs to slap a big orange arrow on the butt of on O lineman just before the snap so Fournette will know which way to run.

Heard today that after three games the brokoes have NO sacks....as in zero....after the green bay game rogers was commenting how clean his uniform was.
from the article below - "The Broncos recorded no sacks against Rodgers and allowed Flacco to be sacked six times. "

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/bronc...hat-win-do

Hope they don't take it out on us. No game ever should be taken for granted in the NFL
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

It seems every time we travel west of the 100th meridian, we fall apart.

Excited for this one. Jags D is coming off two extremely dominating performances against Hou and Ten. First game was against the damn MVP, I mean through 3 games the guy has 1200 yards. Dude is on pace for 6400 yards, and that isn't against scrubs either. Throw that game out. I see the Jags D getting on a roll again. Time for some turnovers. I think Allen has a big game in this one. The key would be neutralizing Miller and Chubb, I'd say Miller will get to Minshew atleast once but keep it to a minimum. Jags should roll in this one.

(09-24-2019, 12:27 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Excited for this one. Jags D is coming off two extremely dominating performances against Hou and Ten. First game was against the damn MVP, I mean through 3 games the guy has 1200 yards. Dude is on pace for 6400 yards, and that isn't against scrubs either. Throw that game out. I see the Jags D getting on a roll again. Time for some turnovers. I think Allen has a big game in this one. The key would be neutralizing Miller and Chubb, I'd say Miller will get to Minshew atleast once but keep it to a minimum. Jags should roll in this one.

Flacco is a statue at QB. He isn't going to break the pocket like Watson, Mariota, or Mahomes would. This is the perfect game for us to get our first INT/s on the season and then some. That Offense is struggling and Sacksonville should be able to get home multiple times.

I agree it's time for a break out turnover game from this Defense. They had the break out sack game on TNF. This game should be the break out turnover game (hopefully, but they've been great over the past 2 weeks regardless).

The Packers just caused 6 sacks and 3 turnovers vs the Denver Offense. 2 of those turnovers coming from Flacco (INT/Fumble). As long as our Offense doesn't completely derail and cough the ball up over and over, I don't see how our Defense doesn't cause all kinds of havoc against them.

For 25 years, every time I read, "This one should be easy," it isn't.

It's the Denver Broncos, in Denver. Not Charleston Southern, in Gainesville.

I don't care what their record is, they are an NFL team, playing at home.

(09-24-2019, 06:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: For 25 years, every time I read, "This one should be easy," it isn't.  

It's the Denver Broncos, in Denver.  Not Charleston Southern, in Gainesville.  

This. Mile High is always difficult to play at

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 08:14 AM by Mowerguy.)

(09-24-2019, 07:21 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 06:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: For 25 years, every time I read, "This one should be easy," it isn't.  

Monday ....Leon said on 1010XL that when he went there first time it was a little hard to breath
and he questioned his conditioning.

No game ever should be approached as "easy"....that's when they bite you in the butt.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-24-2019, 07:21 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:

Chicago only won 16-14 there 2 weeks ago.

This game will not be easy and I'm sure that defense is angry about all the smack people are talking about them.

I'd have to check but we may have a decent record at Mile High all time. Just the last 10 years or so our record out West is pretty terrible. Someone call me out if I'm wrong but think we've lost our last 10 games in mountain or pacific time zone games. Of course that coincides with a long stretch where we've been terrible overall.

But anyways as far as this specific game, the Broncos don't look to be a good team. However we aren't exactly the Patriots either. If we dont play well we'll lose.