Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags vs Ponies Week

(09-24-2019, 07:21 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 06:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: For 25 years, every time I read, "This one should be easy," it isn't.  

It's the Denver Broncos, in Denver.  Not Charleston Southern, in Gainesville.  

I don't care what their record is, they are an NFL team, playing at home.

This. Mile High is always difficult to play at

With the air being thin, is this Ryquell Armstead's chance to at least get 10 carries to explode onto the scene?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-23-2019, 11:44 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Broncos are turrible. Should be an easy win.

Contain Phillip Lindsay, even if Ramsey is too sick to play, I think Bouye can hand with Sanders and our other DB's can match their other WR's which have been subpar this far. Our DLine should feast against their Oline. Just get out to an early lead, take care of the football, and play fast and physical on both sides of the ball. I like our odds just execute and take care of business.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

We feast on teams with bad QBs. Out next 5 games are against teams with bad QBs. This could be a nice little run for us if we play well.

Marrone from pre-practice presser:

Westbrook not practicing, Oliver will practice on some level.
Ramsey better from the illness, his back got tight, it's happened before ...normal stuff.
Not concerned about him missing this practice.

Denver:
I like both their running backs.

Hoping to create turnovers. We've gotten hands on balls, so we're close. We've had opportunities...

Minshew:
Impressed with his clock usage - lack of delay of game penalties and communication. He was good about taking time off of clock letting the clock run down to the wire when we wanted to burn clock.

O-Line:
Lots has been made about holding penalties. We're constantly talking about hand placement and alignment. Our production on first down has been hurt by these. We're harping on it.

Pass-rush:
They have two of the most dangerous guys on the edge. They can take over a game. Gotta be on that for 60 whole minutes.

Altitude:
We've talked to the players about it. I don't think it will be an issue, but we have a plan.

Expect Jalen to start?
He loves football. If he has the ability to play I believe he will play.

Lambo's tackle?
Hopefully that's the last tackle he HAS to make.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 11:44 AM by jaglyn.)

Broncos have yet to register a sack this season.

Going to take a miracle to force them to keep that stat, but maybe it's a sign that Minshew will be ok. History is not on our side since we always become doormats for some reason when we travel west

https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/11768...78021?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-25-2019, 10:17 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: We feast on teams with bad QBs. Out next 5 games are against teams with bad QBs. This could be a nice little run for us if we play well.

We're 1-2.  We were 5-11 last year.  And yet, you are predicting we should win the next 5 games???

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 12:22 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Remember this guy?

[Image: SD_SD200910912069983AR.jpg]

(09-25-2019, 12:05 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 10:17 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: We feast on teams with bad QBs. Out next 5 games are against teams with bad QBs. This could be a nice little run for us if we play well.

We're 1-2.  We were 5-11 last year.  And yet, you are predicting we should win the next 5 games???

We didn't have Minshew Mania last year!

people rember one game at a time. theres no such thing as a easy win. can jags lose this game yes,but they can also win it too.  Denver is a better 0-3 team then people think,like jags they had a tough start schdule wise. played @ oakland  then vs bears   after that it was @ greenbay.  both packers,and bears have winning records. all im saying theres never such thing as a easy win in the nfl.  with that being said though the Jags are cample of winning this game so go jags.

Believe in the Stache!!!!!!!

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(09-25-2019, 12:05 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

We were also 2-0 last year, and 3-1. Then the injuries set in. ... Playing teams that are missing starting QB's or just have bad signal callers, I like our odds; our defense was built to carry the entire team in these kind of games. People forget that at full strength this roster is really talented.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I used the words could, and if. Also didnt say we would win all 5. If you want a prediction from me I will say that we win 4 our of the next 5 games.

I was reading one of their forums. Many of them view this as a game they should easily win since they're going against a backup QB. It's tough to play in Mile High but I suspect they may be in for a surprise.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-25-2019, 02:38 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I was reading one of their forums. Many of them view this as a game they should easily win since they're going against a backup QB. It's tough to play in Mile High but I suspect they may be in for a surprise.
I know we are circling the next 5 weeks as potential wins but I guarantee the other 5 are doing the exact same thing.

If I was Denver and I just about beat the Bears at home, I would think we should beat the Jags at home too.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 05:03 PM by Brett.)

(09-25-2019, 02:38 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I was reading one of their forums. Many of them view this as a game they should easily win since they're going against a backup QB. It's tough to play in Mile High but I suspect they may be in for a surprise.

Apparently they haven't seen memes like this or else they would realize they aren't going against just any "backup QB".

[Image: uploads1568994200915-minshewmemes3.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 05:11 PM by Jags.)

To be fair, we are a few inches short of 2-1.  I know...coulda, woulda, shoulda...

(09-25-2019, 12:22 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Remember this guy?

[Image: SD_SD200910912069983AR.jpg]

You can’t sit in the stands with that thing!!!!!   Take it off!! Oh. Leave it on, stand over there.

(09-25-2019, 05:03 PM)Brett Wrote:

Apparently they haven't seen memes like this or else they would realize they aren't going against just any "backup QB".

Fake meme, man.   Smh.  Gotta check for the blue check marks.  Geez.  Smile

(09-25-2019, 05:03 PM)Brett Wrote:

They don't know yet but they will! 

Laughing
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-25-2019, 05:53 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 05:03 PM)Brett Wrote: Apparently they haven't seen memes like this or else they would realize they aren't going against just any "backup QB".

They don't know yet but they will! 

Laughing

They oughta know.  There are even children wearing #15 jags jerseys even in third world countries.  

Wait,  never mind.  They say Tebow on the back.

Jags 21-13
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]