Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fans of "The Walking Dead" comic...

Compendium 4 available for preorder.

Oct 2 release date

I immensely enjoy the comic more than the show.  For reference, C3 ends around where the show is now.  So, there's a lot of reading for me to catch up on.

First three were very satisfying.  Hope the 4th doesn't do me like the show has...
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I thought he ended the comics ?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(09-26-2019, 03:49 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I thought he ended the comics ?

Yes, CS4 covers the ending of the series from the Whisperer War.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

This compendium is good stuff. The show is actually sticking to the storyline in a general sense, just swapping character's roles... Andrea, Rick, Coral, and others... some are gone in the show but other characters are picking up/sharing in some of the plot advancement they would have had in key moments.

No spoilers, but I don't see how they can continue or complete this without bringing back Rick. Current group "leadership" can't carry/tell the story. Not in casting and not in writing. Carol, Maggie, Daryl, even Negan... it just doesn't work without Rick.

(10-18-2019, 03:27 PM)pirkster Wrote: This compendium is good stuff. The show is actually sticking to the storyline in a general sense, just swapping character's roles... Andrea, Rick, Coral, and others... some are gone in the show but other characters are picking up/sharing in some of the plot advancement they would have had in key moments.

No spoilers, but I don't see how they can continue or complete this without bringing back Rick. Current group "leadership" can't carry/tell the story. Not in casting and not in writing. Carol, Maggie, Daryl, even Negan... it just doesn't work without Rick.

Gonna be odd in the Commonwealth without him.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(10-22-2019, 03:37 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 03:27 PM)pirkster Wrote: This compendium is good stuff.  The show is actually sticking to the storyline in a general sense, just swapping character's roles... Andrea, Rick, Coral, and others... some are gone in the show but other characters are picking up/sharing in some of the plot advancement they would have had in key moments.

No spoilers, but I don't see how they can continue or complete this without bringing back Rick.  Current group "leadership" can't carry/tell the story.  Not in casting and not in writing.  Carol, Maggie, Daryl, even Negan... it just doesn't work without Rick.

Gonna be odd in the Commonwealth without him.

I think it's going to be Negan in the lead role, it's a easily digestible redemption story and JDM can pull it off if they let him evolve the character a little bit more.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-23-2019, 11:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 03:37 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Gonna be odd in the Commonwealth without him.

I think it's going to be Negan in the lead role, it's a easily digestible redemption story and JDM can pull it off if they let him evolve the character a little bit more.
Yeah that makes sense I guess. Still gonna be kinda odd. I see them working on his redemption story already though

(10-28-2019, 06:18 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 11:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I think it's going to be Negan in the lead role, it's a easily digestible redemption story and JDM can pull it off if they let him evolve the character a little bit more.
Yeah that makes sense I guess. Still gonna be kinda odd. I see them working on his redemption story already though

We're already back into the comic story line now; we should see some type of twist to keep it different, but it's setting up to end the Whisperer War relatively soon.

Yeah gonna be interesting to see where Negan lands in all of this.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reports coming out today the show will end in season 12 similar to the comic ending
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Which one are they on now? Mid-season finale is this upcoming Sunday.

(11-18-2019, 05:33 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Which one are they on now? Mid-season finale is this upcoming Sunday.

Mid of 10. This year should wrap up the Whisperers and introduce the Commonwealth for next season.

(11-18-2019, 09:05 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 05:33 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Which one are they on now? Mid-season finale is this upcoming Sunday.

Mid of 10. This year should wrap up the Whisperers and introduce the Commonwealth for next season.
Cool, yeah they should be able to wrap it up in two seasons

I don't see it, the flagship series is much more successful than the other one. Dropping TWD kills the popularity of all the rest.

(11-18-2019, 09:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I don't see it, the flagship series is much more successful than the other one. Dropping TWD kills the popularity of all the rest.
Yeah but the series will be basically over. It has to end somewhere... Would rather they write an ending than have it cancelled. Will be interested in what they do with fear and the upcoming movies.

(11-18-2019, 09:35 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 09:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I don't see it, the flagship series is much  more successful than the other one. Dropping TWD kills the popularity of all the rest.
Yeah but the series will be basically over. It has to end somewhere... Would rather they write an ending than have it cancelled. Will be interested in what they do with fear and the upcoming movies.

Ratings will keep the show going. It's still the highest rated show on AMC, so long as that remains the case they won't end it. Maybe a few years from now, but I don't see that the end of the source material ends the show, especially if they really are widening the TWD Universe.

(11-19-2019, 01:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 09:35 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Yeah but the series will be basically over. It has to end somewhere... Would rather they write an ending than have it cancelled. Will be interested in what they do with fear and the upcoming movies.

Ratings will keep the show going. It's still the highest rated show on AMC, so long as that remains the case they won't end it. Maybe a few years from now, but I don't see that the end of the source material ends the show, especially if they really are widening the TWD Universe.

Re: the TWD core storyline...

I like your idea of swapping Negan for Rick, but I still can't reconcile how that would work with the conclusion chapter of the comic.  That was pretty powerful.  Maybe it works if they transform him into someone more Rick-like instead of turning into somewhat of a loner.

I just wanna know where the trash queen went.

(12-17-2019, 04:13 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: I just wanna know where the trash queen went.

Or what the Rick "extraction" really meant.  Was it his final vision as he was dying, or does the Commonwealth have a 'copter and he's been there recuperating this whole time?

(12-17-2019, 04:18 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 04:13 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: I just wanna know where the trash queen went.

Or what the Rick "extraction" really meant.  Was it his final vision as he was dying, or does the Commonwealth have a 'copter and he's been there recuperating this whole time?

The Rick Grimes Movie Trilogy will answer all those questions, along with what happened to Michonne.