Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Former Bucs GM on Ramsey Trade Scenario

(09-26-2019, 07:10 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 06:11 PM)knarnn Wrote: Why do people keep comparing Ramsey to Brady?

Why not? Both are great football players and stars in the league.

People are ripping on Ramsey for one little blow up on the sideline when Brady does it all the time.. Yet one gets labelled immature and a baby and the other gets labeled as a competitor who just wants to win... It's ridiculous. Brady is the biggest cry baby in the NFL.

Why not??????
[Image: giphy.gif]

Let me know when Ramsey gets 6 of those and he can walk around in a diaper and pacifier and throw poo at Marrone on the sidelines for all I care.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Has anyone confirmed what was said to Ramsey or are we assuming it HAD to be bad because Ramsey didn't like it?

Are we also assuming it was Coughlin who approached Ramsey and not the other way around?

(09-26-2019, 08:17 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Has anyone confirmed what was said to Ramsey or are we assuming it HAD to be bad because Ramsey didn't like it?

Are we also assuming it was Coughlin who approached Ramsey and not the other way around?

I would say there's a lot of assuming and not much to back it all up. 

As far as Eric1 comparing Ramsey and Brady.....when Ramsey has played in the league 18 years and has won 6 Super Bowls, preferably with the same team, then they can be compared as players. 

Brady's tantrums are ridiculous but he's not the one on 'trial' here.

(09-26-2019, 09:05 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 08:17 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Has anyone confirmed what was said to Ramsey or are we assuming it HAD to be bad because Ramsey didn't like it?

As far as Eric1 comparing Ramsey and Brady.....when Ramsey has played in the league 18 years and has won 6 Super Bowls, preferably with the same team, then they can be compared as players. 

Well said

(09-26-2019, 07:10 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 06:50 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Wrong. Ramsey's not immature because he acted out on the sidelines, he's immature because of how he reacted to getting called out on it. Coughlin did what any coach or GM worth their salt would have done but the player is being a wus about the situation. I don't understand how fans are supporting him over the organization.

It's quite simple really... Us as fans want to win.. You don't win by getting rid of your best players, all while paying bad players.. 

We know for a 100% fact Ramsey makes this team better. The same can't be said for this front office.

I want to win, but you don't win by letting the players run the team. Ramsey is an elite talent but you need all the horses pulling the cart in the same direction.

Thank you.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

So isn't that more of a reason why Brady should act like a professional on the field?

If Ramsey had a great coach like Bill Belichick, I'd have no doubt he'd put a couple Super Bowl rings on his fingers as well.

The whole point is that little tiffs like that happen all the time around the league. Every Sunday. It's nothing new. All of these guys are at the top of their profession, whether it's the coaches or players. They're all highly competitive and they all want to win. That's why stuff like that happens in the heat of things. It's not as big of a deal as people are trying to make it out to be.

(09-26-2019, 09:24 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 09:05 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I would say there's a lot of assuming and not much to back it all up. 

So isn't that more of a reason why Brady should act like a professional on the field?

If Ramsey had a great coach like Bill Belichick, I'd have no doubt he'd put a couple Super Bowl rings on his fingers as well.

The whole point is that little tiffs like that happen all the time around the league. Every Sunday. It's nothing new. All of these guys are at the top of their profession, whether it's the coaches or players. They're all highly competitive and they all want to win. That's why stuff like that happens in the heat of things. It's not as big of a deal as people are trying to make it out to be.
To the last paragraph:

Seems to me like Ramsey is the one making it a big deal.

The difference between Brady and Ramsey is that Brady never publicly asked for a trade.

If I don’t get what I want for a Ramsey trade, then I keep him his rookie contract plus a tagged year. I wouldn’t trade him for anything less than he’s worth.

(09-26-2019, 09:30 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 09:24 PM)Eric1 Wrote: So isn't that more of a reason why Brady should act like a professional on the field?

To the last paragraph:

Nope. 

Hes made it clear as day that it's about respect. Coughlin clearly never showed him any respect, so he probably doesn't show Coughlin any either. It goes both ways and that's what his issue has been the whole time. Respect is given, when earned. But like I said, it goes both ways.

(09-26-2019, 09:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 09:30 PM)Jags Wrote: To the last paragraph:

Nope. 

Hes made it clear as day that it's about respect. Coughlin clearly never showed him any respect, so he probably doesn't show Coughlin any either. It goes both ways and that's what his issue has been the whole time. Respect is given, when earned. But like I said, it goes both ways.

Coughlin has won two Superbowls. He's a likely HOF coach. Remind me what Ramsey has done again?

(09-26-2019, 09:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 09:30 PM)Jags Wrote: To the last paragraph:

Nope. 

So Ramsey never earned Coughlins respect.  And to earn his respect he chooses to have a temper tantrum during a game?  Is it Coughlins job to hand out little respect cards to all the players? Like you said, it goes both ways.  Maybe he shouldn’t show up to camp like a big shot in a brinks truck.  Hed have mad respect from everyone if he kept his mouth shut over the years and let his play do the talking.  But you seem naive and blindly follow and take Jalens side because he’s one of the best at the position.  So, for that reason, not much else I can say. You’ll have his side no matter what.

(09-26-2019, 09:38 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 09:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Nope. 

Coughlin has won two Superbowls. He's a likely HOF coach. Remind me what Ramsey has done again?

A decade ago, with a different franchise. I don't really care what he did for some other franchise honestly.

(09-26-2019, 10:01 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 09:38 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Coughlin has won two Superbowls. He's a likely HOF coach. Remind me what Ramsey has done again?

A decade ago, with a different franchise. I don't really care what he did for some other franchise honestly.

You didn't mention what Ramsey's done. Hint: nothing.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2019, 10:13 PM by Eric1.)

(09-26-2019, 09:44 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 09:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Nope. 

So Ramsey never earned Coughlins respect.  And to earn his respect he chooses to have a temper tantrum during a game?  Is it Coughlins job to hand out little respect cards to all the players? Like you said, it goes both ways.  Maybe he shouldn’t show up to camp like a big shot in a brinks truck.  Hed have mad respect from everyone if he kept his mouth shut over the years and let his play do the talking.  But you seem naive and blindly follow and take Jalens side because he’s one of the best at the position.  So, for that reason, not much else I can say. You’ll have his side no matter what.

I couldn't really give two [BLEEP] about what Ramsey does honestly and I sure as hell don't blindly follow him.. Should he shut his mouth at times? Definitely. Do I like his game and trash talk on the field? Definitely. Do I think people try to blow every little thing he does out of proportion? Definitely.

What I do care about is seeing this team lose him, because of two stubborn jackasses.. He makes this team better, period. You simply don't get rid of elite talents in the prime of their career. That's how bad teams stay bad.

(09-26-2019, 10:03 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 10:01 PM)Eric1 Wrote: A decade ago, with a different franchise. I don't really care what he did for some other franchise honestly.

You didn't mention what Ramsey's done. Hint: nothing.

He's 24 years old, just now entering his physical prime.. His book has yet to be written. But it's off to a pretty good start I'd say. One of the top CBs in the league from day 1. All-Pro. Multiple Pro Bowls. Hes still got a lot of time left in this league.

(09-26-2019, 10:10 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 09:44 PM)Jags Wrote: So Ramsey never earned Coughlins respect.  And to earn his respect he chooses to have a temper tantrum during a game?  Is it Coughlins job to hand out little respect cards to all the players? Like you said, it goes both ways.  Maybe he shouldn’t show up to camp like a big shot in a brinks truck.  Hed have mad respect from everyone if he kept his mouth shut over the years and let his play do the talking.  But you seem naive and blindly follow and take Jalens side because he’s one of the best at the position.  So, for that reason, not much else I can say. You’ll have his side no matter what.

I couldn't really give two [BLEEP] about what Ramsey does honestly and I sure as hell don't blindly follow him.. Should he shut his mouth at times? Definitely. Do I like his game and trash talk on the field? Definitely. Do I think people try to blow every little thing he does out of proportion? Definitely.

What I do care about is seeing this team lose him, because of two stubborn jackasses.. He makes this team better, period. You simply don't get rid of elite talents in the prime of their career. That's how bad teams stay bad.

(09-26-2019, 10:03 PM)hb1148 Wrote: You didn't mention what Ramsey's done. Hint: nothing.

He's 24 years old, just now entering his physical prime.. His book has yet to be written. But it's off to a pretty good start I'd say. One of the top CBs in the league from day 1. All-Pro. Multiple Pro Bowls. Hes still got a lot of time left in this league.

Ramsey isn't going anywhere.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The Tuesday following the texans tilt, multiple nfl and local beat reporters were all supporting a source's claim (on twitter) that said Coughlin came to the locker room and chewed out Ramsey for his sideline behavior. 
Vito Stellino (former beat writer in Jax) was the first one I saw "confirming" that report.

(09-26-2019, 10:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 10:10 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I couldn't really give two [BLEEP] about what Ramsey does honestly and I sure as hell don't blindly follow him.. Should he shut his mouth at times? Definitely. Do I like his game and trash talk on the field? Definitely. Do I think people try to blow every little thing he does out of proportion? Definitely.

Ramsey isn't going anywhere.

I'm telling you, reserve/left squad is the way to go from here if he keeps finding reasons not to be with the team.

(09-26-2019, 11:48 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 10:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ramsey isn't going anywhere.

I'm telling you, reserve/left squad is the way to go from here if he keeps finding reasons not to be with the team.

Sure, whatever they can do to recoup his paycheck and take away his accrual towards free agency.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Eagles up their offer after tonight. Davante Adams torched them for 180 yards, their best CB got hurt early in the game, guys in their secondary were tackling their own teammates and one of their CB's was carried off on a stretcher late in the 4th quarter. (I hope it's not serious.) That team is in immediate need of some help with the beating they took tonight.