Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Khan not hearing beat writer’s Jalen theories

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 11:27 PM by nate.)

https://twitter.com/genefrenette/status/...63168?s=12

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1177...61600?s=12

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

She's going to be in labor for the next 14 weeks or so.

It should be noted that someone from the team came to Ramsey's defense. We'll see if he cares, I suppose.

it's natural to feel skeptical if u didn't know his girlfriend was due to have his child sometime this week but as soon as u find out that that's the case, the conspiracy stuff should stop.

From what i understand he notified the team way early about this. Gene should not be tweeting ever again.

I'm not sure why it's an issue even given the circumstances. I did find myself wondering why they have to travel to Nashful to have a baby, Jacksonville has some great hospitals/post-natal facilities. But whatever, it's their choice.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-26-2019, 06:19 AM)hb1148 Wrote: I'm not sure why it's an issue even given the circumstances. I did find myself wondering why they have to travel to Nashful to have a baby, Jacksonville has some great hospitals/post-natal facilities. But whatever, it's their choice.

She's probably staying there with family after they leave the hospital. Heck, do we even know if she lives here full time? Seems like they are in Nashville whenever he's not working.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Tony's response seems a little over dramatic.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2019, 07:57 AM by BritJag.)

(09-26-2019, 06:19 AM)hb1148 Wrote: I'm not sure why it's an issue even given the circumstances. I did find myself wondering why they have to travel to Nashful to have a baby, Jacksonville has some great hospitals/post-natal facilities. But whatever, it's their choice.

That sounds as obtuse as Gene's take mate.  We know nothing substantial about the woman giving birth; her condition, current health status, and certainly her whereabouts.  They are not married (another story), and may not live together.  Jacksonville is merely where he plays football; when he wants to...

I personally think Jalen has handled his relationship with the Jags deplorably the past two weeks, circumstances notwithstanding.  I'd imagine his dad is fuming and embarrassed.  Would like to hear his take on all this, given his noted influence in his son's career.

(09-26-2019, 07:52 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Tony's response seems a little over dramatic.

Compared to Gene's thoughtful empathetic tweet?  I'd take the Khan drama.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(09-26-2019, 06:08 AM)uthill Wrote: From what i understand he notified the team way early about this. Gene should not be tweeting ever again.

The cancel culture is strong.

(09-26-2019, 06:02 AM)RealJagsFan Wrote: it's natural to feel skeptical if u didn't know his girlfriend was due to have his child sometime this week but as soon as u find out that that's the case, the conspiracy stuff should stop.

Yeah.  The TU, like the rest of the world outside Alltel, er TIAA Bank were simply not privy to such inside info/personal matters.  Gene unprofessionally reacted to the news and questioned Ramsey's integrity.  It was an intrusive, rash take on his part.   

Ramsey may be callous, he is brash, he is a diva, he doesn't seem likely to ever be in the running for great diction and language, but thus far, he's proven to be outright, direct, and honest (though seemingly shortsighted and unreasonable).
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(09-26-2019, 07:52 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Tony's response seems a little over dramatic.
This take is almost as bad as Genes.

In Gene Frenette’s defense, this is not his usual style. I can’t recall any other time when he struck such a divisive tone. To say he should never tweet again is just stupid.

A chance for the franchise to step in and defend its star player.
A chance to come together against this local and national narrative that Ramsey is using the birth of his child as leverage. Its disgusting.
They cant allow this narrative to go unchecked. The franchise can be as critical as they want INTERNALLY or in Ramsey's eyes disrespectful of their star player but they cant allow others to do it.

Get em Jags PR

(09-26-2019, 06:08 AM)uthill Wrote: From what i understand he notified the team way early about this. Gene should not be tweeting ever again.

Don't question Mean Gene's tactics. He's just playing bad cop here, and Tony/the front office (who's privy to this) gets to be the good guy. Jalen will be back in town shortly to sign his extension because of this.  

John O. refers to him as a NE Florida cultural legend for a reason. He's out saving the day again for NE Florida sports fans.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Unless she’s being induced or something, nothing about a due date is written in stone. It could be two weeks from now if she is “due” today.

Anyone else a little suspect about the part of he’ll return to J-ville “when he’s ready”?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Tony's right, they have no right to question whether she's really in labor.

On a more cynical note, it's win-win for the team. If she's actually in labor the team gets credit for excusing Ramsey to go witness the birth of his child. If Ramsey lied, he looks like terrible person using the birth of his child in a labor dispute.

Gene needs to go to Nashville for some more of that ground breaking reporting
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2019, 11:07 AM by Kane.)

I'm as perturbed as anyone with Jalen's nonsense.

That being said I'm not a fan of Gene's and this makes me even less of a fan.

Jags beat writers all suck. DiRocco kinda made some similar remarks while reporting.... I get it... dude faked flu... or whatever... but this is a child.
Like... anyone who doesn't have kids have no idea. And anyone who has had kids should know that family>football.
Always.

(09-26-2019, 11:03 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Gene needs to go to Nashville for some more of that ground breaking reporting

So we can miss more of his blurred blimp coverage? I think not
I'll play you in ping pong.