Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug just put on a clinic of what it’s like to be carried past an 0-3 team

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2019, 09:23 AM by I am Yoda.)

Bucky Brooks thinks our coaches have done a good job with respect to Minshew. These last 3+ weeks make me think the HC and OC and staff are doing well.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...tter-in-19
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-05-2019, 09:22 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Bucky Brooks thinks our coaches have done a good job with respect to Minshew.  These last 3+ weeks make me think the HC and OC and staff are doing well.

The team is light years healthier than they were at the end of last year, and they are two and two with a rookie QB after losing the veteran starter with an injury in the firsst quarter of the first game, and with the team's best player requesting a trade.

He's done an outstanding job, and the season has shown he has NOT lost the team.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-05-2019, 09:25 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-05-2019, 09:22 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Bucky Brooks thinks our coaches have done a good job with respect to Minshew.  These last 3+ weeks make me think the HC and OC and staff are doing well.

The team is light years healthier than they were at the end of last year, and they are two and two with a rookie QB after losing the veteran starter with an injury in the firsst quarter of the first game, and with the team's best player requesting a trade.

He's done an outstanding job, and the season has shown he has NOT lost the team.

We're also about 12 inches away from being as good as we were last year at this point. We've still a long way to go this season.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

That's an interesting article.  Scouts need to learn from their mistakes.  They need to get better.  Step 1 is figuring out how they missed on a guy like Minshew.  

I'm not sure Bucky has it figured out, but at least he's trying.

Minshew is being managed very well by this coaching staff.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-05-2019, 09:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

That's an interesting article.  Scouts need to learn from their mistakes.  They need to get better.  Step 1 is figuring out how they missed on a guy like Minshew.  

I'm not sure Bucky has it figured out, but at least he's trying.

But that's just it.

Scouting and drafting are such inexact sciences guys are always going to be drafted higher than they should and fall lower than they should.

Part of the reason is intangible qualities are important to player success, and there's not many ways to quantify intangibles.

I don't know just how successful Minshew will be.  But at this stage, I am thrilled he fell to us and we took him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-03-2019, 02:18 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: Run run “pass magic”;without the magic that anemic drive ends in a FG and a loss. Same loss we saw in the Texan game when Doug took the magic out of the last play. Face it without the magic this team is 0-4! Doug is being carried by a team that was in the AFC championship game last year.

This is an  ultra conservative scheme that has Fournette ranked 8th in the league for facing a box stacked with 8 players or more. Doug is not only stunting Minshews growth, with this play calling, but it could be argued he is hurting Minshew, how many sacks last week from a sackless 0-4 team prior to the game? Now Minshew has knee problem because of this outrageously predictable and ultra conservative scheme?

Doug is a dinosaur, his antiquated obsolete play calling antics that need to be saved by what appears to be a GOAT in the making, need to be dealt with. I want to see 12 deep passing plays this game on 1st and 2nd down. Time for us break our opponents down to dime and nickel packages. Utilize the strength  of the deep passing game to both open up the running game even further and protect Minshew.

Minshew has a 141 QB rating on passes for ten yards or more. How in the hell do you put the breaks on that to two plays a game on 1st & 2nd down in his first two starts. Only reason our run game got unleashed was because we increased those numbers by 2/3s in Denver. We need to double that number this week.

On the Oline, it is an awesome unit. I love these guys, Doug’s scheme has put the weight of the world on them. Doug is a drunk, pickled brain. No faith, has Minshew crawling on the first play of the game out of his end zone? Decides that the defense going out there at Mile High without Ramsey gave us our best shot at building momentum? Despite the Florida team needing a few drives to get acclimated to the thin air? That was such a looser call! The disgust of that call was followed up by an offensive script the first half that the DC may as well have wrote up and handed to Doug.  

Doug stinks yeah yeah, Doug stinks yeah yeah... sing it, you know you want to!

Hahahaha

Dude the Chiefs don't even do that. 

Go check every game played in the NFL this year. You'd be hard pressed to find a game where teams COMBINED for that many deep shots on 1st and 2nd downs.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 05:24 PM by Jagsbch.)

Jaguars threw it deep only three times the first half. Up until the last drive, we only saw four drives with a deep pass, we scored in each of those drives. Four deep passes the entire game outside the last drive? Last drive Minshew threw it deep more times than during the entire game?

Jaguars have only scored three points this game outside of any of the deep passing drives (with the exception of the last drive.)

This isn’t trolling this is the reality of the matter. This game proved that when we throw it deep we score, and when we don’t and wait till obvious deep passing garbage yards, at the end of the game we don’t.

We are ranked sixth in penalties coming into the game, I’m sure it’s going into top five now. How is this not on the coaching too? Their fear and hesitation to open up the passing offense is causing their worst fears to come true.

Wait till the last drive to throw it deep with seven defenders in the end zone?