Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yan still doing nothing

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 05:05 PM by Caldrac.)

(12-30-2019, 04:59 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 04:55 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Suh was there in 2018. At any rate. Fowler went 5 straight weeks without registering a single sack. He feasted on Atlanta, Carolina & Cincinnati this year. Yawn.

By your logic. He's in the same boat as Ngakoue. While playing with the best pure pass rushing and consistent handful in Donald at DT.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've said several times neither is elite, neither deserves a giant deal, but Fowler is better.

Ngakoue doesn't get nearly as much attention as you people say. He is not elite, he is not an All Pro.
Fowler is not better. That's the majority of the arguments being made here. Fowler has Donald and a more aggressive coordinator in Phillips to take advantage of his skill set and yet he only showed up heavily against weak teams and dissapeared five straight weeks.

Ngakoue demands more attention than Fowler. Doesn't take too much digging around to figure that all out. The idea that he's not elite says otherwise when he's right up there with Donald and Mack in terms of consistently registering a QB pressure.

If that's not elite then define it for us? Stop being lazy. That's all people are saying. Do I think he deserves blockbuster money? No. But I think he should be paid in that top four to eight range as he's proven to be consistent.

Khan was willing to make Ramsey filthy rich publicly. He should be smart enough to see that Ngakoue deserves a good amount based on his efforts and lockeroom presence.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-30-2019, 04:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't know how you structure his deal. I think he's a top 10 pass rusher for sure.

If the argument is that "Well, he's feasted on weak teams". My question for you would be.

What about J.J Watt then? Is he overrated? Because he probably owes Jacksonville a thank you with probably more than 35% of his career sacks coming against us twice a year.

I think deal wise. He should be in that 4 - 7 range. Maybe front load it early and then back load it with incentives and bonuses based on statistics.

(12-30-2019, 04:41 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

BTW Smoot had 6 sacks in like a 3rd of Ngkoue's playing time..

But but but where are we gonna find another player who can give us 8 sacks in a season...  
Smoot doesn't demand the attention of Ngakoue. This is my biggest gripe with you regarding Ngakoue.

How often does Smoot see a guard kick outside or pinch inside to chip him? How often does Smoot deal with an inline blocker from the tight end position?

You keep hyping up Fowler. And that's fine. But we all know that the big dog out in L.A is Aaron Donald. And it's a guarantee that he's eating up two blocks at the minimum.

Thus giving him more one on one opportunities. Who else is out there? Suh? He's not in his prime anymore but he's still a handful at times and has to be accounted for based on weekly match up's.

You also want to talk about feasting on weak teams? Did Fowler get ANY sacks against Arizona this year? Because that's easily one of the worst offensive lines right now.

The year Watt put up 20.5 sacks, 14 of those came against the AFC South. That's to say us, the colts who had no oline for years, and the Titans who were bottom feeders at the time as Lewan & Conklin hadn't been drafted. You can't control who's on your schedule, just beat who's in front of you and tally the marks in the columns.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 05:20 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(12-30-2019, 05:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 04:59 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I've said several times neither is elite, neither deserves a giant deal, but Fowler is better.

Ngakoue doesn't get nearly as much attention as you people say. He is not elite, he is not an All Pro.
Fowler is not better. That's the majority of the arguments being made here. Fowler has Donald and a more aggressive coordinator in Phillips to take advantage of his skill set and yet he only showed up heavily against weak teams and dissapeared five straight weeks.

Ngakoue demands more attention than Fowler. Doesn't take too much digging around to figure that all out. The idea that he's not elite says otherwise when he's right up there with Donald and Mack in terms of consistently registering a QB pressure.

If that's not elite then define it for us? Stop being lazy. That's all people are saying. Do I think he deserves blockbuster money? No. But I think he should be paid in that top four to eight range as he's proven to be consistent.

Khan was willing to make Ramsey filthy rich publicly. He should be smart enough to see that Ngakoue deserves a good amount based on his efforts and lockeroom presence.

That was one year, last year.

Again, do pressures end plays? how many sacks did Ngakoue get last year? how many this year? against who? Yeah, sorry but Fowler is better, not to mention (yet again) Ngakoue has been awful at times vs the run. 

You act like Donald just takes out Fowler's guy and lets Dante get the sack... please.

I am done here, Dante (and Yannick actually) proved I am right.

He isn't, never will be elite. He is no Cam Jordan, he is no Chandler Jones, Joey Bosa, he is nowhere near JJ Watt's level (or even TJs), there is a reason why the guy finished tied #33 in sacks (lol) he is a guy who is good, that's it.

(12-30-2019, 05:14 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 04:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't know how you structure his deal. I think he's a top 10 pass rusher for sure.

If the argument is that "Well, he's feasted on weak teams". My question for you would be.

What about J.J Watt then? Is he overrated? Because he probably owes Jacksonville a thank you with probably more than 35% of his career sacks coming against us twice a year.

I think deal wise. He should be in that 4 - 7 range. Maybe front load it early and then back load it with incentives and bonuses based on statistics.

Smoot doesn't demand the attention of Ngakoue. This is my biggest gripe with you regarding Ngakoue.

How often does Smoot see a guard kick outside or pinch inside to chip him? How often does Smoot deal with an inline blocker from the tight end position?

You keep hyping up Fowler. And that's fine. But we all know that the big dog out in L.A is Aaron Donald. And it's a guarantee that he's eating up two blocks at the minimum.

Thus giving him more one on one opportunities. Who else is out there? Suh? He's not in his prime anymore but he's still a handful at times and has to be accounted for based on weekly match up's.

You also want to talk about feasting on weak teams? Did Fowler get ANY sacks against Arizona this year? Because that's easily one of the worst offensive lines right now.

The year Watt put up 20.5 sacks, 14 of those came against the AFC South. That's to say us, the colts who had no oline for years, and the Titans who were bottom feeders at the time as Lewan & Conklin hadn't been drafted. You can't control who's on your schedule, just beat who's in front of you and tally the marks in the columns.

Ok, so in the end Fowler>>>>> Yannick Wink

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 07:39 PM by TearExtractor.)

"Everything I have stated has been proven wrong with facts, thus making me the winner"
-iHaunting Raven

(12-30-2019, 07:39 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: "Everything I have stated has been proven wrong with facts, thus making me the winner"
-iHaunting Raven
[Image: 9e3671fb23dbe88d9ec06ab5c3d7cba3.gif]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-30-2019, 07:39 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: "Everything I have stated has been proven wrong with facts, thus making me the winner"
  -iHaunting Raven

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yan : 14 forced fumbles 37.5 sacks 42 tackles for loss 85 QB hits

Fowler: 6 FF 27.5 sacks 34 TFL 43 QB hits

Yan > Fowler and it ain’t close.

Lol at praising Fowler as better because he had three more sacks this year despite being outplayed by the third round Yan every season

(12-31-2019, 07:17 AM)The HenderStroud Wrote: Yan : 14 forced fumbles 37.5 sacks 42 tackles for loss 85 QB hits

Fowler:  6 FF 27.5 sacks 34 TFL 43 QB hits

Yan > Fowler and it ain’t close.

Lol at praising Fowler as better because he had three more sacks this year despite being outplayed by the third round Yan every season

Yan may be better but then again Fowler missed his first season and his 2nd you set your expectations to high to think he was going to be a lot better that year. What are the stats for this year? Oh that's right, it is his supporting cast. No win either way.

Clay Matthew's had 8 damn sacks on the year. He a DE now??!! Nothing to do with the system?

And I'm a little stumped, Fowler has had this great year but I see his [BLEEP] is sat at home this January? On a team that made the SB last year?

Yan still don't want to be here, but it isn't his choice.

(12-31-2019, 05:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Yan still don't want to be here, but it isn't his choice.

I'm not positive on that, I just think he wants to get what he thinks he's owed. In the Colts game he looked right up at the owners box and said "[BLEEP] pay me"

He'll stay for the proper offer.

He'll get tagged. And they'll probably break the bank for him.

Not a fan of over paying. But they've over paid for less so it is what it is.

Curious if his motor will still operate like it does right now once he gets paid. Always gotta question a guy who's only motivation is money.

(12-31-2019, 08:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Curious if his motor will still operate like it does right now once he gets paid. Always gotta question a guy who's only motivation is money.
I think you can say that about virtually every player leading up to a major payout.

I don't think he would pull an Albert Haynesworth on us but I understand your concerns.

Completely rational.

(12-31-2019, 08:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Curious if his motor will still operate like it does right now once he gets paid. Always gotta question a guy who's only motivation is money.

Honestly? I don't think he is that kind of guy. He isn't the saint and the perfect teammate people claim, but I think he is a pro and loves football.

The consensus on Yannick from players, coaches and every media member that has interviewed him is that he loves to compete, play football, and he is a consummate teammate.

Yan is literally the last guy on this roster that I'd worry about ever phoning it in after a paycheck.

Hahaha

You’re trying to lump Yan in with Ramsey and it’s not working bud.