Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cam Robinson

I'm a little concerned about Cam Robinson's inability to regain control of himself when his emotions get the better of him.  This is the second time I can remember when he's flipped out and multiple teammates had to restrain him for a lengthy period of time.  A lot of players will lose control momentarily and take a swing at someone or something like that, but almost always, they regain control of themselves pretty quickly.  Yesterday Cam totally lost control of himself and it could have cost us the game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm more concerned about the stupid holding penalties from him, they're costing us and most of the time are not necessary.

(09-30-2019, 05:53 AM)UKJag Wrote: I'm more concerned about the stupid holding penalties from him, they're costing us and most of the time are not necessary.

Of course, but the point I was making was that the loss of control of his emotions and his inability to regain control are unusual.

Every other team in the league also saw that.  He’s shown he can be baited.  He should expect to see bait the rest of the year.

Need to replace him in the off season via FA or draft. Even if it means trading up to secure Andrew Thomas or Tristin Wirfs. They need to do it.

If Minshew starts winning like the last two games and they make it to the play off's he's the long term answer at QB. Need to protect him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I don't think he sees a second contract in Jacksonville. Primarily due to being injury prone but this is not the first time that he had trouble controlling his emotions.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(09-30-2019, 07:52 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: I don't think he sees a second contract in Jacksonville. Primarily due to being injury prone but this is not the first time that he had trouble controlling his emotions.
He's a hot head. Thankfully cooler heads prevailed yesterday. But he needs to get his [BLEEP] together.

He's cost this offense at least 14 points this year in penalities alone. He keeps barking like Tarzan but he's playing like Jane.

Embarrassing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

When Cam was drafted, I saw him as a RT only and my opinion has not changed. He is currently our best LT, but that is only because when comparing him to our past starting LT's, the bar was set very, very low and we keep drafting guys like Taylor and Richardson who had little to no experience playing on the left side. I also was not a fan of RT Jawaan Taylor and so far, I'm still not a fan. I believe we should draft a LT in the first round of 2020, cut Norwell and slide Robinson inside to LG. I'm willing to wait and see on Taylor, but I don't think he's gonna turn out to be any better than Parnell was in his last couple years. I really like Richardson at RG though. I believe OT's, particularly LT's need to be elite. They are critical to opening holes in the run game and protecting the QB, which is a team's most important player. That means using first round picks to acquire them. We've used 2nd rounders on both OT positions and so far, they have been problematic. There is no doubt, that the team will glance over this again though. I fully expect the O-Line to be fully unchanged through the 2020 season. So, it is what it is.

In 2017 I had hope the guy was gonna be good. I recognize that holding penalties seem to be up across the whole league. But this guy is recklessly hot tempered and it's not a good sign

I do NOT miss the days of the Gene Smith Choir Boys, but holy [BLEEP] , this team has drafted a lot of angry and somewhat immature dudes these past few years

(09-30-2019, 08:48 AM)Nikowho Wrote: In 2017 I had hope the guy was gonna be good. I recognize that holding penalties seem to be up across the whole league. But this guy is recklessly hot tempered and it's not a good sign

I do NOT miss the days of the Gene Smith Choir Boys, but holy [BLEEP] , this team has drafted a lot of angry and somewhat immature dudes these past few years

He's also 4 games back from an ACL, so he's rusty and not physically 100% yet. But our armchair GMs know he just trash.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-30-2019, 08:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 08:48 AM)Nikowho Wrote: In 2017 I had hope the guy was gonna be good. I recognize that holding penalties seem to be up across the whole league. But this guy is recklessly hot tempered and it's not a good sign

He's also 4 games back from an ACL, so he's rusty and not physically 100% yet. But our armchair GMs know he just trash.

Well said. These same guys said the same thing about Fournette. Let's give Robinson some time to get totally past his injury before we label him a total bust. As far as his emotional immaturity, that needs to change immediately. Marrone needs to have a "sit down" with him this week.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 09:38 AM by Mikey.)

(09-30-2019, 05:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm a little concerned about Cam Robinson's inability to regain control of himself when his emotions get the better of him.  This is the second time I can remember when he's flipped out and multiple teammates had to restrain him for a lengthy period of time.  A lot of players will lose control momentarily and take a swing at someone or something like that, but almost always, they regain control of themselves pretty quickly.  Yesterday Cam totally lost control of himself and it could have cost us the game.

How does this differ from Fournette, Jack, or any of the other younger guys on the squad?  They play with emotion, and they need to learn how to keep it under control.

The learning is a process, and we were very fortunate that these guys have teammates who are able to talk them down, and avoid the silly fouls. We're seeing that growth and maturation gradually.

At one point Jack got tackled, for lack of better words, by an offensive player, drew the foul, and was going to get in the guys' face about it, and immediately several other teammates walked him back. He drew the flag, the offense was in a bind, and that makes the D's job easier.

Teams that win consistently don't let that emotion put them in a hole with silly penalties. I'm looking forward to being the team that forces the other team into those dumb fouls.

"Football is not a game for the well-adjusted."

A few things about Cam that are overlooked, he is a Mauler same with Taylor, reason they are so good with the Run game. The Run game is better when they are playing.

Also he does get heated rater quickly hope he can figure that out. Or opposing teams will try and get to him every down.

Our tackles are not grwat against speed rushers like miller and chubb, they are better against guys like watt.

I'll take my opinion on Taylor with what Boselli has said that he is a big guy built to be a Tackle. He is a rookie and will have bad games.

Go Jags!

Robinson is coming off a severe injury, so while his struggles in pass protection are a concern, there's a good chance he improves as the season goes on. What concerns me are his mental lapses. Both his penalties and his occasional inability to keep his emotions in check. When you're about to line up for a potential game-winning field goal, you do not get heated to the point that you nearly get us pushed back 15 yards and into L territory. Marrone's worst decision yesterday was leaving him on the field on the final FG attempt instead of putting Ogbuehi in there and telling Cam to get his [BLEEP] in the locker room. If his actions had caused a 15-yard penalty, I'd probably be banging the drum to bench the guy today. He's got to get his mental game under control, and that means cut the penalties out (Taylor is a far bigger offender, to be fair) and do not, ever, under any circumstances lose your cool like that with the game on the line. Do not ever lose your cool like that, period.

If the penalties don't stop, I think LT is going to need to be a position of interest for the team next offseason.

The penalties are a product of his bad feet. He's gotta get that snap count faster than anyone else, sometimes he jumps it. He's going to get beat around the edge more than most, so he's gotta get that little extra grab in here and there. Those are going to get called sometimes.

He is a competitive dude and got his [BLEEP] handed to him all day. I'm fine with him wearing his emotion on his sleeve until it starts costing downs or worse, games. He is trying to work his way back mentally and physically.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

He's gotta get himself in check but I'd rather have a little fire rather than another Joeckel. 

Also, like 180 of Fournette yards came off Left Tackle.

(09-30-2019, 04:05 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: He's gotta get himself in check but I'd rather have a little fire rather than another Joeckel. 

Also, like 180 of Fournette yards came off Left Tackle.

From looking at the chart showing Fournette's runs, most of his yardage came from him lining up to the right and running to the left, so he could have been following the RG, C, LG, or LT, or all of them.  Not necessarily LT.  

I'm not for replacing Cam in the offseason as some have suggested.  I leave that up to the coaches.  It's very popular with posters on this message board to say, we need to replace this guy or cut that guy, or fire this coach, or fire that front office guy.  I'm not in that camp.  It's not that easy to replace players, and it takes up valuable resources to do it.

As the 34th overall pick of the draft, the Jaguars coaching staff has again proved their inability to develop talent.