Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where's the love for Fournette?

(10-14-2019, 04:04 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: If Fournette continues at this pace, would anyone want to re-sign him? 

I had him locked up as a one contract and out guy.

For Leveon Bell/Gurley size contract? heck no.

If he is willing to keep playing at a reasonable contract, I am fine with signing him on. Dude has settled in and seems a lot more focused. Jalen could learn a thing or two from him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-14-2019, 09:53 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: He's 3rd in the league in rushing... What I'm waiting for is all the no nothings on this forum to come say they were wrong and admit they have no clue what a good RB looks like. You know, the same dummies who said Yedlon was wayyy better than Fournette and should be our starter - bahahahaha.

I had to explain to them what an arm tackle was and how Yedlon couldn't break them. Fournette long run vs Denver he broke two arm tackles, Yedlon would've been tackled for a one yard loss from the first one.

This forum is hard to come back to some times with stupidity like that going on.

Leonard Fournette looks slow, lumbering and weak out there.

(10-15-2019, 12:14 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 09:53 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: He's 3rd in the league in rushing... What I'm waiting for is all the no nothings on this forum to come say they were wrong and admit they have no clue what a good RB looks like. You know, the same dummies who said Yedlon was wayyy better than Fournette and should be our starter - bahahahaha.

I had to explain to them what an arm tackle was and how Yedlon couldn't break them. Fournette long run vs Denver he broke two arm tackles, Yedlon would've been tackled for a one yard loss from the first one.

This forum is hard to come back to some times with stupidity like that going on.

Leonard Fournette looks slow, lumbering and weak out there.

No, he doesn't.

(10-15-2019, 11:21 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 04:04 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: If Fournette continues at this pace, would anyone want to re-sign him? 

I had him locked up as a one contract and out guy.

For Leveon Bell/Gurley size contract? heck no.

If he is willing to keep playing at a reasonable contract, I am fine with signing him on. Dude has settled in and seems a lot more focused. Jalen could learn a thing or two from him.

(10-15-2019, 12:17 PM)BoselliBurger Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 12:14 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Leonard Fournette looks slow, lumbering and weak out there.

No, he doesn't.

Agreed. I'd say he looks indecisive at times or simply doesn't trust what he sees with his vision if anything. He's only in year three. Battled injuries last year. He's being tasked to pick-up a new offensive system with a rookie QB in front of him and an inconsistent offensive line that loves to consistently [BLEEP] the entire offense over when a critical play is made at any stage in the game. 

When they just line it up in a traditional "[BLEEP] You. We know it's a power run formation and we know it's coming... but [BLEEP] you anyway we're still coming right at you". He tends to hit the hole with conviction and looks to squirm through a gap or two for a chance to crack one downfield. 

Personally I would like to see him MORE involved in the passing game. I think he has better open field ability than given credit for. And he's doing and saying all the right things now since his sit down in the off season. He's the LEAST of my concerns on offense. Need to see the TE position and offensive line positions all across the board (need depth and starters potentially for sure) addressed going into the off season.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-15-2019, 12:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 11:21 AM)Mikey Wrote: For Leveon Bell/Gurley size contract? heck no.

(10-15-2019, 12:17 PM)BoselliBurger Wrote: No, he doesn't.

Agreed. I'd say he looks indecisive at times or simply doesn't trust what he sees with his vision if anything. He's only in year three. Battled injuries last year. He's being tasked to pick-up a new offensive system with a rookie QB in front of him and an inconsistent offensive line that loves to consistently [BLEEP] the entire offense over when a critical play is made at any stage in the game. 

When they just line it up in a traditional "[BLEEP] You. We know it's a power run formation and we know it's coming... but [BLEEP] you anyway we're still coming right at you". He tends to hit the hole with conviction and looks to squirm through a gap or two for a chance to crack one downfield. 

Personally I would like to see him MORE involved in the passing game. I think he has better open field ability than given credit for. And he's doing and saying all the right things now since his sit down in the off season. He's the LEAST of my concerns on offense. Need to see the TE position and offensive line positions all across the board (need depth and starters potentially for sure) addressed going into the off season.

That play on 3rd down where he had nothing but a 190lb DB in front of him... and the 190lb DB cut him down easily 2 yards short.

He looked weak, slow and lumbering. Sorry, just used to Fred Taylor and MJD and he's not even close to as quick or fast as them.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 12:40 PM by Caldrac.)

(10-15-2019, 12:28 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 12:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Agreed. I'd say he looks indecisive at times or simply doesn't trust what he sees with his vision if anything. He's only in year three. Battled injuries last year. He's being tasked to pick-up a new offensive system with a rookie QB in front of him and an inconsistent offensive line that loves to consistently [BLEEP] the entire offense over when a critical play is made at any stage in the game. 

That play on 3rd down where he had nothing but a 190lb DB in front of him... and the 190lb DB cut him down easily 2 yards short.

He looked weak, slow and lumbering. Sorry, just used to Fred Taylor and MJD and he's not even close to as quick or fast as them.

Well. Not to take anything away from those two guys but Taylor played on much better football teams with VASTLY superior lineman in front of him and Maurice had the advantage of being 5'7 and easy to lose in a crowd. 

Also. Those 190 pound DB's get paid to play football too and maybe it was just a better play by the defender there. But I am not going to sit here and crush Fournette when he's been doing his job so far this year. He would probably be better if the offensive lineman could dig their heads out of their [BLEEP] some more.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2019, 06:41 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Finally the guy we all wanted when we drafted him.

He has the most rushing yards in the first 28 games then any back in franchise history

He's balling. We'll never fix that draft pick but at least he's playing like his talent warrants atm

I respect the way that he manned up when being called out by his superiors instead of going into fetal position like “the back” did.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(10-20-2019, 07:04 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: I respect the way that he manned up when being called out by his superiors instead of going into fetal position like “the back” did.

Agreed, he has turned into a true leader and captain

Fournette has really impressed me. Not only with his play on the field, but also in his leadership ability. If he can stay healthy, I would love to see us extend him to a good deal. I know RBs are tricky to pay because of their shelf life, but if he can put together a few years like how he’s been doing, he surely deserves it.

Watching Latavious Murray in the Saints game and he looks like what a power back should look like. He’s a journeyman rb and looks every bit as good if not better than Fournette. I like Fournette on his rookie deal but I wouldnt sign him to a big extension.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

I was impressed with how Fournette moved that big pile for a first down.

(10-20-2019, 07:25 PM)Adub28 Wrote: Watching Latavious Murray in the Saints game and he looks like what a power back should look like. He’s a journeyman rb and looks every bit as good if not better than Fournette. I like Fournette on his rookie deal but I wouldnt sign him to a big extension.
He's also playing behind a superior offensive line and one of the better offensive minded coaches in all of football now for nearly a decade.

Fournette has done A LOT for this offense. A lot of you folks on here poo-pooing the kid probably forgot that god awful 5 - 6 year stretch where this offense couldn't run to save it's [BLEEP] life after MJD was ran into the ground.

Was he worth the 4th overall pick? Idk. Only time will tell. But was it his fault this front office evaulated him and placed him on a pedestal high enough to warrant that 4th overall pick? Absolutely not.

He's improved. He's carried this offense at times early this year. And he's matured leaps and bounds as a young man for this franchise. They would be foolish not to find common ground and extend him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He should get a mid-to-high range contract. Nothing crazy. If you can't reliably convert a 4th and goal on the 1, you shouldn't get a loaded contract as a RB.

He's producing overall buts he's extremely frustrating to watch. 

Lots of yards left on the field.

Watching Jordan Howard tonight just imagining what he would do on our team. Really sucks we’re saddled with the leading NFL rusher

I believe that Fournette picks and chooses when to take/dish punishment on runs and when to dial it "down" a bit.

He's riding the fine line of trying to ink his new deal and make the most money he can - and preserving his body while trying to avoid injury/loss of potential future income on a deal.

Either way, he's kicking butt most of the time - I just wish he could break a few more single tackles 1 on 1.

(10-20-2019, 09:45 PM)JNev Wrote: Watching Jordan Howard tonight just imagining what he would do on our team. Really sucks we’re saddled with the leading NFL rusher
Still waiting on them to get Armstead more involved. Philadelphia has a steady rotation at RB. That's why Howard gets to shine from time to time.

It kills me that Corey Grant had that injury last year. He was a great change of pace back in 2017. I bet Flip would have got a little more out of him in the passing game this year.

(10-20-2019, 09:55 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 09:45 PM)JNev Wrote: Watching Jordan Howard tonight just imagining what he would do on our team. Really sucks we’re saddled with the leading NFL rusher
Still waiting on them to get Armstead more involved. Philadelphia has a steady rotation at RB. That's why Howard gets to shine from time to time.

It kills me that Corey Grant had that injury last year. He was a great change of pace back in 2017. I bet Flip would have got a little more out of him in the passing game this year.

Exactly.

Those wheel routes with Grant would pose an immense threat for most defenses. Sad that he went down, he was a good guy too.