Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where's the love for Fournette?

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2019, 09:02 PM by Caldrac.)

Fournette did a lot today. One big run? Ill take that. 60 yards through the air? Ill take that. He's pulling his weight right now.

Did you all see his pass blocking at times today as well? He was stone walling defenders and giving Minshew that half second he needs to make a play.

On one pass block he clearly picked dude up off the turf. He'll get better as the line improves. Not sweating him at all.

I will say this again though. As I have said previously. No need to get cute with him on the ground. Run from power, give him a lead blocker and an edge setter and just let him go to work.

Pitches, sweeps and tosses need to go out the window for now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-27-2019, 08:22 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 05:04 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Just okay? 

A little bit but he was zig zagging on that one.

Am I the only one that actually watched the game? He had something like 80 yards on 20 carries with about 65 of them coming on one run where he got caught from behind, I thought his big thing was having elite speed. For a guy with elite speed he sure gets caught from behind a lot.

Most of his runs got stuffed. Maybe it's bad offensive line play but I think his biggest problem is he's a plodder and doesn't make decisive cuts. If the hole isn't there he's running into someone's back until he's tackled.

His main contribution was pass catching, and it's good that he did, but in the open field he gets caught and tackled, not what you want from a RB taken in the top five.

Did you say he's playing okay as in the ongoing season or that he played okay as in this game specifically? Learn to use your words.

Am I the only one that actually watched the game? He had something like 80 yards on 20 carries with about 65 of them coming on one run where he got caught from behind, I thought his big thing was having elite speed. For a guy with elite speed he sure gets caught from behind a lot.

Most of his runs got stuffed. Maybe it's bad offensive line play but I think his biggest problem is he's a plodder and doesn't make decisive cuts. If the hole isn't there he's running into someone's back until he's tackled.

His main contribution was pass catching, and it's good that he did, but in the open field he gets caught and tackled, not what you want from a RB taken in the top five.

Just keep on scrambling to make those "Richardson 2.0" hot takes work out for you.
(probably gonna' end up much like your Gabbert apologist narrative) 

I'll gladly take 136 all purpose yds every week from Lenny.  Everyone knows he was drafted too high. That's no longer a hangup for most of us.  Just want to see production.  He's producing.

(10-27-2019, 09:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Wow

https://twitter.com/_fournette/status/11...00451?s=19

Lol, now thats funny.  LF always clownin

(10-27-2019, 09:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Lol, now thats funny.  LF always clownin
He roasted his [BLEEP].

[Image: dc1e2f62e2a930ac4d27c26241295b7c.gif]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2019, 09:58 PM by imtheblkranger.)

That's amazing  Laughing

You whine too much. In the ganeday thread after he busts a 66byarder on the second play and everyone is hyped, all you did was complain about him getting caught from behind. Ita okay to wgt happy sometimes my guy. Also his o line did him no favors today. Like 3 or 4 times he had a cut or a spin move in the backfield to avoid a 3 yard loss and then it into a 2 yard gain. Hes playing fantastic this year.

HaHa...the kid does throw like blake bortles does
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Dog..... How many 60 yard runs has LF had this season?

Let's also realize the Jets are top 10 in rush defense this year. I've been very critical of Fournette but the dude is playing lights out right now. He's 2nd in the league in rushing yards man.

(10-28-2019, 09:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 08:22 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Am I the only one that actually watched the game? He had something like 80 yards on 20 carries with about 65 of them coming on one run where he got caught from behind, I thought his big thing was having elite speed. For a guy with elite speed he sure gets caught from behind a lot.

Let's also realize the Jets are top 10 in rush defense this year. I've been very critical of Fournette but the dude is playing lights out right now. He's 2nd in the league in rushing yards man.

I'll never understand the "take away that one big play and he was average" argument. 

Every 

Play 

COUNTS

That was pure gold.   Laughing

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-28-2019, 09:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 09:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dog..... How many 60 yard runs has LF had this season?

I'll never understand the "take away that one big play and he was average" argument. 

Every 

Play 

COUNTS

Both sides of the argument are silly. Of course the 60 yarders matter, but if given the choice you'd much rather have a balanced 19 for 76 than 1 for 66 and 18 for 10 yards.

Hahahahhaha... no way! LOL Fournette !

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2019, 06:53 PM by sfljaguarsfan.)

(10-28-2019, 09:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 09:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dog..... How many 60 yard runs has LF had this season?

Every 

Play 

COUNTS

Man, I don't know what to say... We just agree alot lol.

I freaking HATE that argument so much. It's soooo bad. Those huge plays are called "game breakers" and that's exactly what LF is. A game breaker. 

Like, am I imaging things or did that huge run lead directly to an easy TD pass for GMII? It's just amazing people want to pick and choose which plays they want to count for a player.

How about his absolutely clutch catch in the 4th Q to keep the drive going on 3rd and 8? I guess we have to take that one out as well then?

I mean hell, if you take out Minshews 13 TD passes, which is only a handful of his total passes he's pretty terrible. Welp, based on that I guess Minshew gets the axe next year. Dang, we were so close to having a franchise QB too.

(10-28-2019, 09:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 08:22 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Am I the only one that actually watched the game? He had something like 80 yards on 20 carries with about 65 of them coming on one run where he got caught from behind, I thought his big thing was having elite speed. For a guy with elite speed he sure gets caught from behind a lot.

You know after one of his big 60+ yard runs I actualy got a notification from one of my NFL news/facts apps and I think it said Fournette now leads the league since he came in for RBs for plays over 60 yards..? If it wasn't lead, it was like right near the top. 

I don't get it. No matter what the guy does people will in here will create reasons he's not good.

Here's what is a fact - If you take out ANY RB IN THE NFL's long runs their YPC would suck.

(10-28-2019, 06:38 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 09:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'll never understand the "take away that one big play and he was average" argument. 

Every 

Play 

COUNTS

Both sides of the argument are silly. Of course the 60 yarders matter, but if given the choice you'd much rather have a balanced 19 for 76 than 1 for 66 and 18 for 10 yards.

I've explained this before, but I'll do it again. 

Flip and Marrone have spoken several times about getting Fournette to 20 carries in games. 
It's a goal they have identified for good reason. 
When you have a power back and you are running from power run sets, a well established aspect of that strategy's success is the wearing down of the defensive front you are facing.  Offenses game-plan this and we've seen it work to Fournette's advantage in 4 games this season.  The other way the power run sets can affect games is when they are just perfectly executed/blocked by O-Linemen and TEs. That's what we saw early on Sunday from the Jags. 
I credit DeFilippo for adjusting to more of this after a few games this year when he saw Fournette needed help getting going. 

These (sometimes infrequent) big runs come by design and it is understood by coaches that they all won't be home runs. It requires patience many of today's fans simply do not possess. 

Looking at numbers and trying to make them say what you want will not work here. There is more at play than averages and outliers.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2019, 07:18 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

Fournette is on pace for 326 carries and 70 receptions. That’s pretty nuts.

Its hard for me to accept that as big and strong as Fournette is, he really isn't a power back. He can't get you a yard consistently when you really need it, but he does have explosive long plays every now and then. Its a role, and he is obviously doing it well this year, but I expected more Jerome bettis than fast willie parker when he was drafted.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Feel the same as I always have, I like the player, I dislike the pick. Although admittedly, having Minshew lessens the blow of “disliking” the pick considerably. I just fundamentally cant stand the idea of drafting a RB in the top 5, and I’m a total curmudgeon about it. Can’t change it though, and I have no complaints with Fournette’s play right now. Just stay healthy big guy, keep beasting in pass pro, and keep being a leader.

(Also maybe keep studying film to improve gap recognition, but now I’m picking nits, when 3/5 of his line needs to be replaced anyway)

(10-28-2019, 07:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 06:38 PM)Upper Wrote: Both sides of the argument are silly. Of course the 60 yarders matter, but if given the choice you'd much rather have a balanced 19 for 76 than 1 for 66 and 18 for 10 yards.

I've explained this before, but I'll do it again. 

Flip and Marrone have spoken several times about getting Fournette to 20 carries in games. 
It's a goal they have identified for good reason. 
When you have a power back and you are running from power run sets, a well established aspect of that strategy's success is the wearing down of the defensive front you are facing.  Offenses game-plan this and we've seen it work to Fournette's advantage in 4 games this season.  The other way the power run sets can affect games is when they are just perfectly executed/blocked by O-Linemen and TEs. That's what we saw early on Sunday from the Jags. 
I credit DeFilippo for adjusting to more of this after a few games this year when he saw Fournette needed help getting going. 

These (sometimes infrequent) big runs come by design and it is understood by coaches that they all won't be home runs. It requires patience many of today's fans simply do not possess. 

Looking at numbers and trying to make them say what you want will not work here. There is more at play than averages and outliers.

Fournette also gets the bulk of the 3rd and 1 and goal to go from the 2 inch line opportunities. 

Also hilarious the poster frequently downplaying every player's success over how terrible the competition has been the last few weeks conveniently omits that the one talented aspect of the Jets is their run defense, which is top 5 in the league.

(10-28-2019, 08:34 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote: Feel the same as I always have, I like the player, I dislike the pick.  Although admittedly, having Minshew lessens the blow of “disliking” the pick considerably.  I just fundamentally cant stand the idea of drafting a RB in the top 5, and I’m a total curmudgeon about it.  Can’t change it  though, and I have no complaints with Fournette’s play right now.  Just stay healthy big guy, keep beasting in pass pro, and keep being a leader.  

(Also maybe keep studying film to improve gap recognition, but now I’m picking nits, when 3/5 of his line needs to be replaced anyway)

Think 91% of the board agrees with you here. But he's here now and playing well.