Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Negatives vs Broncos!

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 02:40 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Lets look at some issues that need to be corrected going forward.  

-Pass Rush was non existent.  Flacco had a clean Jersey.

-Cam Robinson stunk at pass protection as usual.  He is a mauler at run blocking but very mediocre at pass blocking.  His temper could of cost us the game. Plus a penalty that cost a td

-Tight end:  It's clear this team needs a tight end that can scare defenders.  Where is Oliver? 

-Penalties:  This team had over 100 yards in penalties including taking points off the board. 

-Middle of the field: It was like the defense forgot to defend it.  Flacco kept attacking the same spot on the late td drive with 1:33 left.

-AJ Cann:  I never want to see him in the starting lineup again.

-Herndon is not ready.  Just bad.

-Ramsey Fiasco; Trade Him, pay him, whatever but it's a distraction.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not to mention it was the Broncos. Now 0-4. I am looking forward to seeing how this team performs against an above average team (I'll give them a pass against KC, with it being the first game of the season and no playing time in preseason).

I disagree about the pass rush being nonexistent. Campbell almost took Flacco’s lunch money one play, and it almost caused an interception. Bouye played tight blanket coverage most of the day. And how about Jacobs, he’s turning into a stud muffin.

He crashed down the line on one play and stuffed the RB. Yan is still working his tail off in my opinion. He batted a 3rd down pass that forced a 3 and out.

I think the team is right where they need to be. Imagine if they get that 2 point conversion over in Texas...

And then of course we get carved up by Mahomes. We’re finally winning ball games and Minchew is magical. He makes this team dangerous because he makes defenses respect our passing game, and you see what Fournette can do when that happens.

Todd Wash's defense on that potential game winning TD drive by the Broncos

that last td by denver was cause jags played the prevent defense,you always stay aggressive on both sides of the ball even if you have the lead. we should of been presurreing flaco still with our lead. forttnattly minshew,and the offensse bailed out the defense after they gave up the 4rth qtr TD.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Geez can’t we just enjoy a win and not pick the team to death for one week?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(09-30-2019, 02:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Lets look at some issues that need to be corrected going forward.  

-Cam Robinson stunk at pass protection as usual.  He is a mauler at run blocking but very mediocre at pass blocking.  His temper could of cost us the game. Plus a penalty that cost a td

-Tight end:  It's clear this team needs a tight end that can scare defenders.  Where is Oliver? 

-Penalties:  This team had over 100 yards in penalties including taking points off the board. 

-Middle of the field: It was like the defense forgot to defend it.  Flacco kept attacking the same spot on the late td drive with 1:33 left.

-Ramsey Fiasco;  Trade Him, pay him, whatever but it's a distraction.

Pass rush was there, coverage was not really to be real. But our guys actually got close and got pressure a good bit, there was just always someone open (more on that later)
Are we sure Oliver is going to "scare" opponents? Not sure what everyones obsession is with the TE position. But not every team has a scary TE (like a Gronk or Kelce) you build your offense without it. But give James O some props, he ain't bad. Swaim, however, isn't good lol
You'll get no argument from me about penalties. This team has got to clean it up (although I feel like we get holds against our OL all the time and none in favor of our DL)
The middle of the field is where crossers do work against bad zone coverage. So weird that we'll play man against crappy mobile QBs (Ms Mary) and zone against immobile vets that can pick that crap apart.
We've all been saying it iirc. Richardson>Cann wonder why coaches are slow to move on this (eerily similar to Harrison>Church last season)
Herndon did not play well, but I don't remember him being bad when filling in for AJ.... so maybe we don't bury him for it just yet.

Ramsey fiasco? What fiasco...?
lol Had the cameras not shown him so much, I would have forgotten he was even there... Why travel to not play?
Eh... I'm over it. I'm so apathetic when it comes to him... we'd all be best served to detach emotionally from Jalen and whether he will or won't for us er again

(09-30-2019, 02:40 PM)Last42min Wrote: Not to mention it was the Broncos. Now 0-4. I am looking forward to seeing how this team performs against an above average team (I'll give them a pass against KC, with it being the first game of the season and no playing time in preseason).

The record isn't really a reflection of the team.  They are still pretty [BLEEP] good "once they get on the same page".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-30-2019, 03:19 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 02:40 PM)Last42min Wrote: Not to mention it was the Broncos. Now 0-4. I am looking forward to seeing how this team performs against an above average team (I'll give them a pass against KC, with it being the first game of the season and no playing time in preseason).

The record isn't really a reflection of the team.  They are still pretty [BLEEP] good "once they get on the same page".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Broncos might be 0-4 but there isn't much difference in all the teams. Plus playing at home in that altitude makes them even harder. Dismissing this win because they are 0-4 is a mistake.

(09-30-2019, 02:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Lets look at some issues that need to be corrected going forward.  

Call Todd Wash for answers.  His playcalling is atrocious and i have said this numerious times.  CBs behind Bouye and Ramsey are ok at best, and everything else i agree with.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(09-30-2019, 02:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: -Pass Rush was non existent.  Flacco had a clean Jersey.

I think these 2 go hand in hand.  A better pass rush and additional experience will help Herndon a lot.

Pretty crazy to think that our 5th round pick caught a TD, our 6th round pick lead our come from behind victory drive, and our UFA played the entire game a DB (in which our D only gave up 7 points in the 2nd half)

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 04:21 PM by Captain_Caldwell. Edit Reason: Wrong quote )

(09-30-2019, 02:38 PM)I jaguarmvp Wrote: Lets look at some issues that need to be corrected going forward.  

Feel like this cover 3 zone scheme needs to be changed up or rotated more. Even Jalen gives up simple passes in this scheme and QBs are attacking the same soft spots especially when the qb pressure isn’t getting there right away. I think there was one deep pass on Herndon that he didn’t get his head around to make a play, but it was a perfect throw by Flacco. Beside that I think he did okay. But too many receivers are running open in the soft parts of our base cover 3 zone and coordinators are attacking it. 

Also, havnt been impressed with josh Allen. Havnt seen any moves, havnt noticed them stunt him to wreck havoc inside while lining up wide. When I tried to pay attention to him it was always the same speed rush around outside where he is not beating the lineman and just carries himself too far up the field. 

Yannick hasn’t impressed me enough. Early in game he was lined up in right tackle and had a free shot at the qb but he got fooled and bit extremely hard on a play action where the rb went the opposite direction (no where near yannicks responsibility). It’s great effort to try to hunt down the rb running to the opposite side of yannick but if he just stayed in his lane he would have had a straight lane to the qb and I wanna say that Flacco hurt us bad on that play if I remember correctly.

lastly, swain needs to go, his penalty’s kill us every f****** game. Never runs his routes far enough. Always a yard or two short of the sticks on third down. Every time he does catch the ball it looks like a struggle. I think Oliver and o-shag could be a pretty nice combo in 2 tightend sets where one of them should be able to slip out and get wide open.

I'm not dismissing it because the Broncos are 0-4. I am listing it as a negative. There's a reason they're 0-4, right? We can be positive about a lot of things, but the negative is that the Jags haven't beaten a good team yet.

Does Yannick Have a sack yet? If so that's another one.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-30-2019, 05:48 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Does Yannick Have a sack yet?  If so that's another one.

No,  he's been non existent. But everyone here wants to pay him 20 million per year for some reason

I think he got one against Tacks not sure haven't looked, it was kinda lame tho if he did. So the td given up so quick at the end was concerning. I guess it wss better than letting them drag the clock out, but I was sitting there almost knowing we would go soft and they would score a rd to go up. I qqas almost happy when they scored with time on the clock.

Just a few things

Yannick is playing with a hamstring issue, reason his speed and bend isn't as good. Also his playing had an effect on the titans and allowed other DL to get sacks.stats don't say everything.

(09-30-2019, 07:36 PM)icey14 Wrote: Just a few things

Yannick is playing with a hamstring issue, reason his speed and bend isn't as good. Also his playing had an effect on the titans and allowed other DL to get sacks.stats don't say everything.

He wasn't on the injury report this past game. Stop making excuses.

Just gonna leave this here. Bring another perspective to this thread.

https://youtu.be/98kFJTOohJE

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."