Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Negatives vs Broncos!

(09-30-2019, 08:03 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Just gonna leave this here. Bring another perspective to this thread.

https://youtu.be/98kFJTOohJE

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This was fantastic. Thanks for posting.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Myles Jack isn't good and the contract is a waste of resources

(09-30-2019, 10:10 PM)JackCity Wrote: Myles Jack isn't good and the contract is a waste of resources

Yeah right now it doesn't look good at all. This week will be a huge challenge for Jack. He should be on McCaffery a lot, and there will be a lot of tackles to be made in the running game. It's a big opportunity to make a statement for himself.

(09-30-2019, 03:19 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 02:40 PM)Last42min Wrote: Not to mention it was the Broncos. Now 0-4. I am looking forward to seeing how this team performs against an above average team (I'll give them a pass against KC, with it being the first game of the season and no playing time in preseason).

The record isn't really a reflection of the team.  They are still pretty [BLEEP] good "once they get on the same page".
This is hilarious coming from you. Their record is 100% a reflection of their team. They stink and their record is 0-4.

(09-30-2019, 10:10 PM)JackCity Wrote: Myles Jack isn't good and the contract is a waste of resources

Are there any players left that some fan hasn't posted that he sucks and should be replaced?

(10-01-2019, 09:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Are there any players left that some fan hasn't posted that he sucks and should be replaced?
MINSHEWWWWWWW

(10-01-2019, 10:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 09:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Are there any players left that some fan hasn't posted that he sucks and should be replaced?
MINSHEWWWWWWW

Not now.  But nobody wanted him as backup before the year started.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-01-2019, 10:09 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 09:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Are there any players left that some fan hasn't posted that he sucks and should be replaced?
MINSHEWWWWWWW

Lol, the "cut Minshew" thread is still active on the first page.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-30-2019, 02:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Lets look at some issues that need to be corrected going forward.  

-Pass Rush was non existent.  Flacco had a clean Jersey.

-Cam Robinson stunk at pass protection as usual.  He is a mauler at run blocking but very mediocre at pass blocking.  His temper could of cost us the game. Plus a penalty that cost a td

-Tight end:  It's clear this team needs a tight end that can scare defenders.  Where is Oliver? 

-Penalties:  This team had over 100 yards in penalties including taking points off the board. 

-Middle of the field: It was like the defense forgot to defend it.  Flacco kept attacking the same spot on the late td drive with 1:33 left.

-AJ Cann:  I never want to see him in the starting lineup again.

-Herndon is not ready.  Just bad.

-Ramsey Fiasco;  Trade Him, pay him, whatever but it's a distraction.
1. Pass Rush- It was non-existent because we got behind very early. This defensive front needs a lead to pin their ears back. This was not a player issue as much as it was a game dictated one.

2. Cam- He really wasn't that bad and against two of the more elite pass rushers in the NFL. Sure he got beat but how long has he been back? How was that run game on the left side? Ifs and buts but give him some credit.

3. TE- This wasn't that type of game. They were needed much more as blockers. Over the last few games, you can see which TE fits what role. O'shaq is a do-all. Swaim is a pass catcher (sucks at blocking). No doubt Oliver has a role that could be filled but plenty of WRs to spread the ball around, so TE was not intrical in this game.

4. MoF- That was more on the backend than on the LBs. Although they did get caught selling out for the run, Lindsey is much more dangerous than any receiver they have. We also played waaaaay too much zone, which equals bend don't break.

5. AJ- Agree, and the times he has been replaced shows how much better we are without. He is a solid backup and nothing more.

6. Herndon- Has a ton of talent, but he was put on an island with limited safety help. Reps will help him, but he does not have the length Jalen has. In the end, the fact we weren't in blitz mode makes the CBs have to cover longer. Our CBs benefit greatly from a disrupted defensive front. No CB, including Ramsey, can cover for long periods. What I would prefer to see is Tre keeping plays in front of him if they are going to be made. 

7. Ramsey- [BLEEP] him! Sick of hearing about him. I don't think it is a locker room distraction as much as it is a media one that takes away from the good that Jags as a team have put out there. It's always an asterisk in every broadcast.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2019, 12:36 PM by JackCity.)

He hasn't been good this year and I don't think he should be replaced. 

I just wanted us to make him prove he's worth the contract. So far he hasn't come close.

(10-01-2019, 10:35 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 02:38 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Lets look at some issues that need to be corrected going forward.  

-Pass Rush was non existent.  Flacco had a clean Jersey.

-Cam Robinson stunk at pass protection as usual.  He is a mauler at run blocking but very mediocre at pass blocking.  His temper could of cost us the game. Plus a penalty that cost a td

-Tight end:  It's clear this team needs a tight end that can scare defenders.  Where is Oliver? 

-Penalties:  This team had over 100 yards in penalties including taking points off the board. 

-Middle of the field: It was like the defense forgot to defend it.  Flacco kept attacking the same spot on the late td drive with 1:33 left.

-AJ Cann:  I never want to see him in the starting lineup again.

-Herndon is not ready.  Just bad.

-Ramsey Fiasco;  Trade Him, pay him, whatever but it's a distraction.
1. Pass Rush- It was non-existent because we got behind very early. This defensive front needs a lead to pin their ears back. This was not a player issue as much as it was a game dictated one.

2. Cam- He really wasn't that bad and against two of the more elite pass rushers in the NFL. Sure he got beat but how long has he been back? How was that run game on the left side? Ifs and buts but give him some credit.

3. TE- This wasn't that type of game. They were needed much more as blockers. Over the last few games, you can see which TE fits what role. O'shaq is a do-all. Swaim is a pass catcher (sucks at blocking). No doubt Oliver has a role that could be filled but plenty of WRs to spread the ball around, so TE was not intrical in this game.

4. MoF- That was more on the backend than on the LBs. Although they did get caught selling out for the run, Lindsey is much more dangerous than any receiver they have. We also played waaaaay too much zone, which equals bend don't break.

5. AJ- Agree, and the times he has been replaced shows how much better we are without. He is a solid backup and nothing more.

6. Herndon- Has a ton of talent, but he was put on an island with limited safety help. Reps will help him, but he does not have the length Jalen has. In the end, the fact we weren't in blitz mode makes the CBs have to cover longer. Our CBs benefit greatly from a disrupted defensive front. No CB, including Ramsey, can cover for long periods. What I would prefer to see is Tre keeping plays in front of him if they are going to be made. 

7. Ramsey- [BLEEP] him! Sick of hearing about him. I don't think it is a locker room distraction as much as it is a media one that takes away from the good that Jags as a team have put out there. It's always an asterisk in every broadcast.

I don't think getting behind was the issue, rather Flacco knew where all our coverage was going to be and got the ball out quick enough to nullify it + they looked fairly lethargic + the broncos offensive line actually stepped up (partly due to how good Munchak is)

(10-01-2019, 12:33 PM)JackCity Wrote:

He hasn't been good this year and I don't think he should be replaced. 

I just wanted us to make him prove he's worth the contract. So far he hasn't come close.

(10-01-2019, 10:35 AM)B2hibry Wrote: 1. Pass Rush- It was non-existent because we got behind very early. This defensive front needs a lead to pin their ears back. This was not a player issue as much as it was a game dictated one.

I don't think getting behind was the issue, rather Flacco knew where all our coverage was going to be and got the ball out quick enough to nullify it + they looked fairly lethargic + the broncos offensive line actually stepped up (partly due to how good Munchak is)
Just a nature of playing zone, nothing more.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(10-01-2019, 02:26 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 12:33 PM)JackCity Wrote: He hasn't been good this year and I don't think he should be replaced. 

Just a nature of playing zone, nothing more.

We regularly play zone, but QBs like Flacco rarely get the ball to the right spots as quick as Joe did on Sunday. 

All of the above were bigger factors than playing from behind was for the pass rush.

@Give Armstead time, he's only just now getting snaps...@

Interesting to think, going into the season, what were the supposed weakest positions on the team? Backup QB and WR.

Four games into the season, which positions have performed the best? Backup QB and WR.

Just win baby!
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(10-02-2019, 11:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Interesting to think, going into the season, what were the supposed weakest positions on the team?  Backup QB and WR.  

Four games into the season, which positions have performed the best?  Backup QB and WR.

I didn't think that about our WR's alot did but I thought if Chark stepped up and was the second best target behind Dede then we would be well off and it turns out he has been more the #1 target and Dede second I do like the Lee and Cole are on the field the least how I thought it should of been.
No Fun