Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OK, I'm stressed out and depressed

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2019, 02:11 PM by The Drifter.)

OK, I'm stressed out and depressed.... No it's not about football......

They transfered my Mother from the local Hospital to a Hospice....

The Cancer was Non Aggressive last year but now it's spreading like wild fire

Not sure how much longer she has left but.............

I'll just spend as much time as I can with her......
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sorry to hear. Cancer and Hospice are such dirty words. I could do without having to hear about another cancer diagnosis or visit another hospice facility. Too many good people losing battles to such devastating disease. Don't worry about a stupid message board and spent time with mom.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I'm so sorry to hear this, Drifter. I am not good at knowing what to say about these things but I will pray for you and your family.

Very sorry to hear about your Mom, Drifter.

Thoughts and prayers your way Drifter.

[BLEEP] cancer

Be strong for her and for the rest of the family, Drift. For sure, everyone here sends their best wishes and prayers your way.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(10-01-2019, 02:08 PM)The Drifter Wrote: OK, I'm stressed out and depressed.... No it's not about football......

Sorry to hear Drifter. Cancer took my mother too, got to spend her last days with her but was grateful for that time. God speed.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I've been there experienced that. I lost my mother almost nine years ago and it still feels like yesterday. My father has been gone for seventeen years and my brother for eleven. I'm the lone star in my immediate family.

Sorry to hear of your circumstances.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(10-01-2019, 02:08 PM)The Drifter Wrote: OK, I'm stressed out and depressed.... No it's not about football......

Absolutely the best advice.

praying that all involved have peace and comfort as the fight continues.

And it goes without saying, [bleep] cancer sideways with a rusty buick.

(((HUGS)))
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Sorry to hear that Drifter.  My thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Sorry to hear that, Drifter. Sending comforting thoughts your way.

I'd like to thank Y'all for the thoughts and prayers, it means a lot to me
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

So sorry to hear. Make it count.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 12:25 PM by The Drifter.)

Just got this word from my Brother: Mom is getting weaker. She had a really bad day yesterday. Now sleeping most of the time. She’s not in pain, but her blood count is dropping and there isn’t much oxygen getting to her brain. I can’t say how long before things start shutting down. Probably a few days....My Reply I knew it would be sooner rather than later so.... Been preparing for this for a while now but I don't think anyone is ever ready to lose someone........

Aw man, Drifter, really sorry that you and your family are going through this. Praying for peace and comfort for all involved.

(10-16-2019, 12:26 PM)Mikey Wrote: Aw man, Drifter, really sorry that you and your family are going through this.  Praying for peace and comfort for all involved.

Thanks, all are appreciated.

She's had a good life. She is 79 so......

Cancer is a [BLEEP]

(10-16-2019, 01:13 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 12:26 PM)Mikey Wrote: Aw man, Drifter, really sorry that you and your family are going through this.  Praying for peace and comfort for all involved.

Thanks, all are appreciated.

She's had a good life. She is 79 so......

Cancer is a [BLEEP]

Cancer just flat out sucks.  Lost a good friend earlier this year to the disease.  I hope they keep your mother comfortable and my prayers are there for you.  Hospice time is rough for family members and close friends.  Been there done that FAR too many times.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Dang. That's extremely sad and something nobody can prepare for. Good luck getting through this difficult time for you and your family Sad

Sorry to hear that, man. I think a good bit of us now exactly what you’re going through. I know that doesn’t make it any easier on your end. But just know that you’ve got a great group here to help you however we can. Thoughts and prayers will continue.