Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
He was just doing his job.... UPDATED!

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 10:01 AM by The Drifter.)

Virginia police officer suspended after turning in suspected undocumented immigrant over to ICE

A Virginia police officer was suspended after allegedly turning over a suspected undocumented immigrant to federal authorities following a traffic accident last month.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-poli...ver-to-ice
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And in NYC, if one utters the words “illegal alien” in a disparaging tone, they can be fined $250,000.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2019, 10:50 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

The article states "The Fairfax County Police Department enacted a 2007 policy that prohibits officers from confirming a person's immigration status and detaining them solely based on civil violations of immigration law."

Yes, it's pretty sad when the Police Officer doesn't even know their own Policies  !!!  He's lucky he wasn't fired for violating the Fairfax County Policy Department Policy.

(10-02-2019, 10:49 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The article states "The Fairfax County Police Department enacted a 2007 policy that prohibits officers from confirming a person's immigration status and detaining them solely based on civil violations of immigration law."

Yes, it's pretty sad when the Police Officer doesn't even know their own Policies  !!!  He's lucky he wasn't fired for violating the Fairfax County Policy Department Policy.

Pretty sad that a so called Police Department enacts policies that subvert the Law.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2019, 01:22 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(10-02-2019, 10:49 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The article states "The Fairfax County Police Department enacted a 2007 policy that prohibits officers from confirming a person's immigration status and detaining them solely based on civil violations of immigration law."

Civil Violation?

It's a federal offense.

(10-02-2019, 12:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Pretty sad that a so called Police Department enacts policies that subvert the Law.

I'm all for State rights, so if this was a policy enacted by the entire state.. that's one thing. A single police department cannot make a policy that subverts federal law.

(10-02-2019, 08:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: And in NYC, if one utters the words “illegal alien” in a disparaging tone, they can be fined $250,000.

I'm going to guess that anyone fined for violating that "law" would win big in court.  You know.. First Amendment and all of that.  It doesn't surprise me that a liberal city would try to put something like that in place.  Liberals think that the term "illegal alien" is "offensive", yet the term is used in laws much like people that are here with green cards are labeled as "resident aliens", and it even says so on their ID.

Except for the fact that the illegal alien had a federal warrant for failure to appear in court (yet another violation of our nation's law) for a deportation hearing for entering the country illegally.  Not to mention the fact that the illegal alien did not have a driver's license or insurance which is a violation of state law, and was a party in a traffic accident.

It's pretty sad when a police officer is reprimanded for actually enforcing the law.  Department Policies do not trump federal and state law.

It's also pretty sad when your police department has become so liberal that they actually have a policy in place that prevents officers from assisting in enforcing federal law and contacting the proper authorities when a fugitive is apprehended.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-02-2019, 05:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 08:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: And in NYC, if one utters the words “illegal alien” in a disparaging tone, they can be fined $250,000.

I'm going to guess that anyone fined for violating that "law" would win big in court.  You know.. First Amendment and all of that.  It doesn't surprise me that a liberal city would try to put something like that in place.  Liberals think that the term "illegal alien" is "offensive", yet the term is used in laws much like people that are here with green cards are labeled as "resident aliens", and it even says so on their ID.

Except for the fact that the illegal alien had a federal warrant for failure to appear in court (yet another violation of our nation's law) for a deportation hearing for entering the country illegally.  Not to mention the fact that the illegal alien did not have a driver's license or insurance which is a violation of state law, and was a party in a traffic accident.

It's pretty sad when a police officer is reprimanded for actually enforcing the law.  Department Policies do not trump federal and state law.

It's also pretty sad when your police department has become so liberal that they actually have a policy in place that prevents officers from assisting in enforcing federal law and contacting the proper authorities when a fugitive is apprehended.

They don't, but Federal law doesn't say that every law enforcement officer everywhere has to enforce any particular law.
Just like when the security guard at Target is told not to chase shoplifters.  Yes, shoplifting is against the law.  Yes, you are there to protect and serve Target.  No, you don't need to enforce that particular law.
You might not like it, you might find it to be double-minded, but it's none of your business and none of mine.
I don't hire target security guards.
I don't hire Fairfax county Police officers.
As long as I feel safe visiting either place, I have no cause to complain about either.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-02-2019, 05:22 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 05:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I'm going to guess that anyone fined for violating that "law" would win big in court.  You know.. First Amendment and all of that.  It doesn't surprise me that a liberal city would try to put something like that in place.  Liberals think that the term "illegal alien" is "offensive", yet the term is used in laws much like people that are here with green cards are labeled as "resident aliens", and it even says so on their ID.

They don't, but Federal law doesn't say that every law enforcement officer everywhere has to enforce any particular law.
Just like when the security guard at Target is told not to chase shoplifters.  Yes, shoplifting is against the law.  Yes, you are there to protect and serve Target.  No, you don't need to enforce that particular law.
You might not like it, you might find it to be double-minded, but it's none of your business and none of mine.
I don't hire target security guards.
I don't hire Fairfax county Police officers.
As long as I feel safe visiting either place, I have no cause to complain about either.

What the blue hell are you on?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-02-2019, 10:49 AM)MHURRICANE!!! Wrote: The article states "The Fairfax County Police Department enacted a 2007 policy that prohibits officers from confirming a person's immigration status and detaining them solely based on civil violations of immigration law."

He didn’t violate that policy. They’re stretching it for political purposes. The policy says he can’t hold someone to verify immigration status. The guy was detained because he was driving without a license and had a warrant for an FTA for an immigration hearing. 

The confirmation of an outstanding warrant isn’t a verification of immigration status. It is an affidavit for arrest. This isn’t a deportation hold but a failure to appear for a court hearing.

Fairfax County cancels suspension, restores officer who cooperated with ICE

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201...lTFF43mNrM
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!