Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad Khan shuts down Ramsey trade talk

Khan always seems to say the right thing. But I guess that comes with being a really, really successful businessman.

However, this might also be a ploy to push the asking price up - “We don’t want to sell, so you’ll have to make a ridiculous offer.”

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wish someone could explain to me just watch TC did to cause
Ramsey To ask for a trade. It’s hard for me to believe gallon wants to be traded because TC commented about him not being there for OTA’s. Maybe I missed something but I have yet read any explanation of what TC did to cause such a problem with Ramsey.

Mr. Khan has his first really good , shiny toy player that he ever had as an owner. He won't trade him for all the marbles in the world.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 09:43 AM by Jagwired.)

(10-03-2019, 09:34 AM)dennisp3 Wrote: I wish someone could explain to me just watch TC did to cause
Ramsey To ask for a trade. It’s hard for me to believe gallon wants to be traded because TC commented about him not being there for OTA’s.  Maybe I missed something but I have yet read any explanation of what TC did to cause such a problem with Ramsey.
It's rumored that after the blow up with Maronne that TC gave Jalen a little talking to. Jalen stated that some disrespectful "things were said" and requested the trade.

We will more than likely never know. The organization will likely never tell and I doubt Jalens camp will either as it would probably put on display how petty Jalen was being and that the incident probably plays almost zero in his wanting out.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Khan and TC are having a bit of a standoff on this one it appears.

I'm totally guessing, but I'd bet TC is advising Khan against giving Ramsey a big extension offer now and waiting until at least the deadline (if not the offseason) to see how big of a trade offer they might actually get from another team.

Khan on the other hand wants to make Ramsey happy if possible. And the sooner the better.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 10:04 AM by The Real Marty.)

(10-03-2019, 09:43 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 09:34 AM)dennisp3 Wrote: I wish someone could explain to me just watch TC did to cause
Ramsey To ask for a trade. It’s hard for me to believe gallon wants to be traded because TC commented about him not being there for OTA’s.  Maybe I missed something but I have yet read any explanation of what TC did to cause such a problem with Ramsey.
It's rumored that after the blow up with Maronne that TC gave Jalen a little talking to. Jalen stated that some disrespectful "things were said" and requested the trade.

We will more than likely never know. The organization will likely never tell and I doubt Jalens camp will either as it would probably put on display how petty Jalen was being and that the incident probably plays almost zero in his wanting out.

Probably TC said something personal.  When you criticize someone, you shouldn't get personal.  "You are acting like an idiot" is very different from "You are an idiot."  One is criticizing the behavior, the other is criticizing the person.  

That's what I think probably happened.  TC probably gave him an earful of extreme criticism that got very personal.  And Ramsey is a sensitive guy.  And all that just goes on top of the fact that he cannot get a new contract that he thinks he deserves.  

I'm not saying Ramsey is right.  I'm saying if TC mishandled it, that's probably what happened.

(10-03-2019, 10:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 09:43 AM)Jagwired Wrote: It's rumored that after the blow up with Maronne that TC gave Jalen a little talking to. Jalen stated that some disrespectful "things were said" and requested the trade.

Probably TC said something personal.  When you criticize someone, you shouldn't get personal.  "You are acting like an idiot" is very different from "You are an idiot."  One is criticizing the behavior, the other is criticizing the person.  

That's what I think probably happened.  TC probably gave him an earful of extreme criticism that got very personal.  And Ramsey is a sensitive guy.

This is what was reported on twitter by a few beat guys close to the team.  Apparently a source told one of them that TC made his way to the locker room after the game and gave Ramsey an earful about his sideline behavior. I saw Vito Stellino confirming it on twitter and that gave me some confidence it was true.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 10:16 AM by Cleatwood.)

(10-03-2019, 09:24 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 08:58 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: You're gonna die on that hill my friend.

C'mon Cleatwood, do you at this point actually believe that Ramsey has/had a legit injury that kept him out of his first game ever? Too much coincidence for me my friend.

[Image: Compare2.jpg?maxwidth=650&autorotate=false]
So Ramsey and the team are covering up this fake injury? He flew to Denver just to sit out?

Faking an injury is the biggest no-no in the NFL for players. I don't think for a second Ramsey is faking this injury and neither does any of the people who closely follow the Jags.

From John Oesher:

Could Ramsey spend the rest of the year on the injury report and not play? Has the front office sat down with him and try to work things out?

Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey has a back injury and couldn’t play last week. It was a legitimate injury despite understandable suspicion among the public to the contrary. I don’t know if he will play this Sunday because backs are tricky to figure, but I in no way expect this issue to linger through the entire season. Ramsey is a football player. He wants to play football. NFL careers are limited, and he won’t want to give up 12 or more opportunities to play even if he continues to say he wants to be traded.

Coughlin came into the locker room complaining about kids on his grass, rap music, and bingo night canceled at the YMCA

(10-03-2019, 10:06 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 10:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Probably TC said something personal.  When you criticize someone, you shouldn't get personal.  "You are acting like an idiot" is very different from "You are an idiot."  One is criticizing the behavior, the other is criticizing the person.  

That's what I think probably happened.  TC probably gave him an earful of extreme criticism that got very personal.  And Ramsey is a sensitive guy.

This is what was reported on twitter by a few beat guys close to the team.  Apparently a source told one of them that TC made his way to the locker room after the game and gave Ramsey an earful about his sideline behavior. I saw Vito Stellino confirming it on twitter and that gave me some confidence it was true.

Oy.

What a sad, sensitive little B.

Well his career is over - now WRs know exactly how to get in his little teeny head.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 10:16 AM by The Real Marty.)

(10-03-2019, 10:06 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 10:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Probably TC said something personal.  When you criticize someone, you shouldn't get personal.  "You are acting like an idiot" is very different from "You are an idiot."  One is criticizing the behavior, the other is criticizing the person.  

Really poor timing, right after a 1-point loss, when Ramsey was apparently already bursting with anger about something.

(10-03-2019, 08:39 AM)nhiverson Wrote: 2 years and franchise tag him as much as we can.

And no big name free agents will ever wanna play here, ever again.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 10:31 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-03-2019, 08:59 AM)Predator Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 05:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I still say he'll be traded in the off season. I'm 70% sure of it.

The only problem with that is that the owner seems 100% committed to keeping him.

He trumps everyone in the organization.

What it tells me is that keeping Ramsey is a bigger priority to Khan than keeping the staff.

I truly believe Khan is saying this to try and drive up the price tag in the off season. Make other teams believe we wanna keep him so they make a bigger offer. It's just good strategy.

(10-03-2019, 10:14 AM)TearExtractor Wrote: Coughlin came into the locker room complaining about kids on his grass, rap music, and bingo night canceled at the YMCA

That is the most realistic option yet.

(10-03-2019, 09:43 AM)Thanks for the replyJagwired Wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I am not surprised we have posters calling for the firing of TC without any facts to Support khan Removing TC.

(10-02-2019, 09:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Guess Jalens dad is gong to have to wait a couple more years for that Cadillac.

Ive worked with Lamont Ramsey, he's actually a good guy.  And, yes, I think JR20 sitting out practice is posturing and unnecessary.

If Jalen actually is hurt, it's the most incredible timing ever.

I think he's probably been hurt plenty of times like most players, but most players play through soreness and minor injuries all the time.

He is just choosing to sit out because he's unhappy and he's sore. That's just what I think is happening.

IF he is upset primarily because his boss called him out for being a jerk, then he really needs to grow some thicker skin. Jacksonville is a good organization and takes care of it's players. We're also not the laughingstock of the league like we used to be. So demanding a trade may just get you somewhere in a situation worse than you're in now.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Yeah, I think it's a combination of actually being hurt and also choosing not to play through the injury even though he typically would.

(10-03-2019, 10:14 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 10:06 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: This is what was reported on twitter by a few beat guys close to the team.  Apparently a source told one of them that TC made his way to the locker room after the game and gave Ramsey an earful about his sideline behavior. I saw Vito Stellino confirming it on twitter and that gave me some confidence it was true.

Oy.

Well his career is over - now WRs know exactly how to get in his little teeny head.

Yeah the corner who talks more smack while playing than any defensive player in the league is really gonna be undone by *reads palm* WRs talking smack back to him?

(10-03-2019, 12:43 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 10:14 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Oy.

Yeah the corner who talks more smack while playing than any defensive player in the league is really gonna be undone by *reads palm* WRs talking smack back to him?

but he's undone by his boss telling to stop acting like a whiny little B?

Jalen needs to grow up.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>