Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad Khan shuts down Ramsey trade talk

There was an interesting nugget in a national report on the situation. Anyone with a 5th year option in that draft will face a conundrum, should you resign when a new CBA could break your bank in new and exciting ways. The article (I don't have the link) was suggesting buyer beware for anyone that trades for him because he probably won't stay with that team either.

I wonder if the Franchise and Transition Tags are going to be attacked in the new CBA. That will probably be a bargaining chip.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What happened to what was "best for the team" when Bortles was extended? Where were you then Khan? What a bunch of weak words. Trade him and let it be done.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

I've been a Jalen defender and I'm glad the FO isn't rushing into a bad decision.

I'm really not sweating Jalen sitting Wednesday practice with a minor injury. It happens every week across the league. Why risk making it worse?

Saying that, I will be annoyed if he isn't playing this weekend. Yes back injuries can be difficult and different types of injury. We dont know what it is other than stiffness. But you can take a painkiller before the game and play through that.

I dare say there is an element of Jalen trying to keep himself healthy if a trade does suddenly happen but even if theres no way of reconciling this, I expect Jalen to be a pro, play his level for the rest of the season and prove why every other team should want him.

(10-03-2019, 01:41 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I've been a Jalen defender and I'm glad the FO isn't rushing into a bad decision.

I'm really not sweating Jalen sitting Wednesday practice with a minor injury. It happens every week across the league. Why risk making it worse?

Saying that, I will be annoyed if he isn't playing this weekend. Yes back injuries can be difficult and different types of injury. We dont know what it is other than stiffness. But you can take a painkiller before the game and play through that.

I dare say there is an element of Jalen trying to keep himself healthy if a trade does suddenly happen but even if theres no way of reconciling this, I expect Jalen to be a pro, play his level for the rest of the season and prove why every other team should want him.

https://twitter.com/jaguarmaven/status/1...69888?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

My personal opinion.  Jalen needs to grow up and actually earn the respect that he craves.  As far as the back injury (or faked injury) I'll let that sort itself out.  Regardless either way about the "injury" it hurts Jalen more than it hurts the team.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Keep deflecting the real problem, which is the FO, HC, and DC. Blame the players, it's all the players fault. Ignorant fans.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(10-03-2019, 06:38 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Keep deflecting the real problem, which is the FO, HC, and DC. Blame the players, it's all the players fault. Ignorant fans.
Buuuwwwaaa!!! Laughing Laughing Bad take is bad.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I love what Minshew said in answer to a question about the effect of the Ramsey “distraction” on the locker room atmosphere: “Things like that can either divide you or unify you and it has brought us together. [paraphrased]”

My theory on Ramsey is he may have thrown down the gauntlet and said either Tom goes or I go. So now to save face he is posturing. Kahn is treading water hoping somebody says “Uncle,” so we can all live happily ever after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(10-03-2019, 10:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 08:59 AM)Predator Wrote: The only problem with that is that the owner seems 100% committed to keeping him.

He trumps everyone in the organization.

What it tells me is that keeping Ramsey is a bigger priority to Khan than keeping the staff.

I truly believe Khan is saying this to try and drive up the price tag in the off season. Make other teams believe we wanna keep him so they make a bigger offer. It's just good strategy.

If he drives up his price tag, then he lowers his trade value.

The more a team expects to have to pay, the less they will be willing to give in trade.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 07:36 PM by JagFan81.)

And now Diggs with the Vikings and the cryptic messages.

He doesn't know if his agent has asked the team to trade him?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2776...all-rumors

Just saw Marrone was on GMFB. Says Ramsey is dealing with an injury. Hope's to have him back. I'm not worried, it's not like Jalen needs reps and to learn the system. I think he plays Sunday.

His trade demands sounded eerily familiar....
Did you see the size of Diggs contract signed in July 2018?
5 years and 72 million

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/p...s/contract
OTOH he gave them over 1000 yards in 2018 season ...so there's that.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-03-2019, 07:54 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: His trade demands sounded eerily familiar....
Did you see the size of Diggs contract signed in July 2018?
5 years and 72 million  

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/p...s/contract
OTOH he gave them over 1000 yards in 2018 season ...so there's that.

Exactly. Unhappy with the offense and direction of the team. 

That's a big contract. That's pretty much top level WR money. Only one year into that though....damn.

It will be interesting to see how Zimmer and the Vikings handle it. I'm guessing we will get a wave of Ramsey for Diggs rumours too.

Like I said before, keep Baltimore on speed-dial in case that offer is still on the table

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 09:42 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

(10-03-2019, 06:38 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Keep deflecting the real problem, which is the FO, HC, and DC. Blame the players, it's all the players fault. Ignorant fans.

Were you looking into the mirror when you were typing this? 

2x Winning super bowl champion and former HC in FO, very good rookie draft class this past year and in 2016. The best defensive FA pickup ever under this FO(Campbell) and we have had some very good picks in the mid/late rounds. 

Edit: Have you seen our 6th round QB by the way?? Misnhew is rookie of the month, a QB. Possibly the steal of the draft if he continues to produce at this level... Imagine if he actually gets better!

HC has a team with a backup QB staring at 3-1 if we had a good replay on that 2 point try who had us in the AFCCG 2 years ago and kept a team with a lame duck QB the entire O line on IR last year, competitive. 

Have Doug, Dave and Tom made some questionable decisions? Yes. What front office hasn't. Bill Belichick signed AB for crying out loud, then cut him weeks later. Bill also has the infamous 4th and 2 failed attempt blunder in his own territory late in a game, and he lost. Every coach and GM can look back and have a few calls they want back, hell that is life. 

Jalen is a man child who can't handle a little accountability. I didn't hear him bent out of shape for dropping that pick 6 in Houston... He wants to win so bad just catch that ball, 1 catch, a gimmie pick 6 and the game is under wraps. Jalen needs to grow up and play if he's actually healthy. He hurts everyone if he sits, the team, himself, and any possible suitors in the future.

(10-03-2019, 09:37 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:

Were you looking into the mirror when you were typing this? 

2x Winning super bowl champion and former HC in FO, very good rookie draft class this past year and in 2016. The best defensive FA pickup ever under this FO(Campbell) and we have had some very good picks in the mid/late rounds. 

Edit: Have you seen our 6th round  QB by the way?? Misnhew is rookie of the month, a QB. Possibly the steal of the draft if he continues to produce at this level... Imagine if he actually gets better!

HC has a team with a backup QB staring at 3-1 if we had a good replay on that 2 point try who had us in the AFCCG 2 years ago and kept a team with a lame duck QB the entire O line on IR last year, competitive. 

Have Doug, Dave and Tom made some questionable decisions? Yes. What front office hasn't. Bill Belichick signed AB for crying out loud, then cut him weeks later. Bill also has the infamous 4th and 2 failed attempt blunder in his own territory late in a game, and he lost. Every coach and GM can look back and have a few calls they want back, hell that is life. 

Jalen is a man child who can't handle a little accountability. I didn't hear him bent out of shape for dropping that pick 6 in Houston... He wants to win so bad just catch that ball, 1 catch, a gimmie pick 6 and the game is under wraps. Jalen needs to grow up and play if he's actually healthy. He hurts everyone if he sits, the team, himself, and any possible suitors in the future.

Campbell came here because we offered him more money than everybody else.

Coughlin wasn't here in 2016 for that draft class.

Campbell had the chance to ice that texans game if he falls on that gift wrapped fumble. He whiffed badly and the texans recovered it. Could have put the game to bed right then.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 09:56 PM by Rockman1966.)

So, Ramsey keeps getting paid each week he sits. The FO seems to be placating him through the flu, baby, back. At what point do they do something (PUP/reserve/will not play, etc.) or does the FO just ride it out?
The only way to get him off his [BLEEP] is to not pay him if he doesnt play.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019, 01:06 AM by KABD.)

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/news...skjuijp5j0
Quote:"You have to trade him," said a high-ranking official from another club. "It will get worse and there will be something new with him every week. He doesn't see a future there (in Jacksonville), and he's already shown he's willing to rock the boat to get out. At some point it becomes more trouble than it's worth."

Anyone still in denial?

(10-04-2019, 01:05 AM)KABD Wrote: https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/news...skjuijp5j0
Quote:"You have to trade him," said a high-ranking official from another club. "It will get worse and there will be something new with him every week. He doesn't see a future there (in Jacksonville), and he's already shown he's willing to rock the boat to get out. At some point it becomes more trouble than it's worth."

Anyone still in denial?

“ you have to trade him “ says GM who wants Ramsey traded to his team...

(10-03-2019, 09:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 09:37 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Were you looking into the mirror when you were typing this? 

Edit: Have you seen our 6th round  QB by the way?? Misnhew is rookie of the month, a QB. Possibly the steal of the draft if he continues to produce at this level... Imagine if he actually gets better!

Campbell came here because we offered him more money than everybody else.

Campbell had the chance to ice that texans game if he falls on that gift wrapped fumble. He whiffed badly and the texans recovered it. Could have put the game to bed right then.

Yeah let's just pretend Tom had nothing to do with his decision, which he specifically cited as one of the deciding factors choosing us over Denver. The money wasn't crazy off either. The average per year for Denver was 12, ours was 15 and the difference over the 2 year deal Denver offered was about $4 million(12/14 and 15/15) and $6-7 million over 3 years. Yes thats a good amount, but not so much it wasn't in consideration, it most certainly was.  

And yes, maybe Campbell could have put the game away... but he also didn't shove his coach, baby rage, and then ask for a trade when he gets chewed out after a game by the 2x super bowl coach turned VP. Not sure where you are coming from here, Ramsey is the topic here right? I am specifically speaking in terms of his impact on the game, and being upset we weren't winning games.

More on Calais: 
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-agenc...cksonville

“I’ve been a fan of Tom Coughlin’s since I’ve been in the NFL and having to compete against his teams,” Campbell said. “I really like the way his mindset is and the way he prepares his guys, so I wanted to be a part of that.”

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019, 02:59 AM by Eric1.)

(10-04-2019, 01:58 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 09:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Campbell came here because we offered him more money than everybody else.

Yeah let's just pretend Tom had nothing to do with his decision, which he specifically cited as one of the deciding factors choosing us over Denver. The money wasn't crazy off either. The average per year for Denver was 12, ours was 15 and the difference over the 2 year deal Denver offered was about $4 million(12/14 and 15/15) and $6-7 million over 3 years. Yes thats a good amount, but not so much it wasn't in consideration, it most certainly was.  

And yes, maybe Campbell could have put the game away... but he also didn't shove his coach, baby rage, and then ask for a trade when he gets chewed out after a game by the 2x super bowl coach turned VP. Not sure where you are coming from here, Ramsey is the topic here right? I am specifically speaking in terms of his impact on the game, and being upset we weren't winning games.

More on Calais: 
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-agenc...cksonville

“I’ve been a fan of Tom Coughlin’s since I’ve been in the NFL and having to compete against his teams,” Campbell said. “I really like the way his mindset is and the way he prepares his guys, so I wanted to be a part of that.”

Money was the total selling point... Of course he isn't going to say it, but it's obvious it was... He was literally minutes away from signing with Denver until this team up'd their offer... Which he took because obviously money talks and it was exactly what he was looking for.

Ramsey didn't shove Marrone, he barely touched him. Just stop with that stupid [BLEEP].

Coughlin's team might have won those super bowls 10 years ago as a HC... He isn't a HC here, or any kind of coach. He might have been a decent HC in his day, but hes only proven to be dog [BLEEP] as somebody who's running a team. Further more, who gives a flying [BLEEP] about what somebody else did with another franchise.. I don't care if somebody won 35 super bowls with another franchise. Until they bring at least 1 super bowl here, it doesn't mean much in my eyes. As I'm a fan of the Jags, not the Giants.

And again, Coughlin isn't a coach here. He's a front office head... A front office head needs to stay in his lane and do his job... His job isn't to come into the locker room and disrespect a player in front of his peers. It's a bad look all the way around, period. All he's doing is undermining that actual Head Coach of this team by doing that. Which again, sets a terrible example for everybody..

The fact of the matter here is, this Defense has been top 5 in passing Defense since Ramsey was drafted. It was in the high 20's before that. That's facts. We got a quick sample of life without Ramsey this past week against a bad Offense and a terrible QB. What happened? His replacement made a terrible QB look like Tom Brady...

Give me the 24 year old who actually makes a difference on game day and makes this team better, over the 74 year old who's only causing problems.

Coughlin ran off Allen Robinson. He made Telvin Smith want to quit playing football. He's refusing to pay the best young pass rusher this Franchise has ever had. And now he's trying to get rid of our best player, who's just now entering the prime of his career... And this is all in not even 3 years of him being here... And that just starts the fun... We don't have to get into all the other blunders hes had in that short amount of time.. Giving Norwell all that money, paying Blake, paying Foles, etc etc etc.