Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2019 Rookie Class Productivity

https://twitter.com/chriswesseling/statu...37313?s=21

Would be 5 players if Oliver were healthy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trial by fire.

Side note: Chris Wesseling also wants the Jags to trade for Kenyan Drake. I'd love it.

Now, as for the rookies. I think Allen, Taylor and Williams were all expected to be immediate contributors because they were either drafted at a position of need or they were an elite talent. I'm skeptical that Oliver would have gotten 200 snaps because he's not as good a blocker yet. Either way, this class has been a pleasant surprise. Jags did a good job of taking elite talent when it fell to them, moving up for high level talent that dropped for various reasons and also identifying areas of need.

Then there's Minshew. Boy I hope he keeps this up because he is so fun to watch.

This thread would be a real mind blower if you factor in the 2018 draft class....
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-03-2019, 01:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Side note: Chris Wesseling also wants the Jags to trade for Kenyan Drake. I'd love it.

Now, as for the rookies. I think Allen, Taylor and Williams were all expected to be immediate contributors because they were either drafted at a position of need or they were an elite talent. I'm skeptical that Oliver would have gotten 200 snaps because he's not as good a blocker yet. Either way, this class has been a pleasant surprise. Jags did a good job of taking elite talent when it fell to them, moving up for high level talent that dropped for various reasons and also identifying areas of need.

Then there's Minshew. Boy I hope he keeps this up because he is so fun to watch.
Just imagine if they had drafted Dawson Knox over Oliver...

(10-03-2019, 01:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Side note: Chris Wesseling also wants the Jags to trade for Kenyan Drake. I'd love it.

Yeah. I could see Oliver having maybe 140-160 snaps had he been healthy.  Based on how much Flip professes to want to use an F and a Y tight end, and given the fact that the only move guy he's got right now is O'Shaughnessy.  Oliver is much faster than O'Shaugnessy and has experience lining up all over the formation, so I feel he'll receive more snaps than him in short order at the F position.

I'm really excited to see Oliver on the field and how Flip uses him.

I don't think anyone expected Quincy Williams to contribute right away and most definitely not at the level he has shown at times.
Signature goes here.

I will enjoy being wrong if we can get more of this stuff going forward. It would be so cool to actual build a functional base. We have had spot talent here and there but not the growth we have needed for the team. It will be good to have more optimism.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2019, 06:11 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-03-2019, 02:25 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:

Just imagine if they had drafted Dawson Knox over Oliver...

I liked Knox as well but he has a 27% drop rate, top 5 in the league.   Let's see how Oliver does

(10-03-2019, 06:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 02:25 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Just imagine if they had drafted Dawson Knox over Oliver...

I liked Knox as well but he has a 27% drop rate, top 5 in the league.   Let's see how Oliver does

He was also on NFL top 25 rookies of the quarter...

(10-03-2019, 06:13 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 06:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I liked Knox as well but he has a 27% drop rate, top 5 in the league.   Let's see how Oliver does

He was also on NFL top 25 rookies of the quarter...

I guess, 27% drop rate.  I'm willing to see what Oliver can do, hopefully he has better hands