Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Panthers Game Day Thread***

This team has a history of doing this. When the defense is good, the offense is gone. When the offense is good, the defense is gone. It's rare they ever have it all together in one season.

I expect it to be up and down like this all year though. Better to lose to an NFC team than an AFC team as well. They could fall 2 - 4 to the Saints and I would STILL feel alright with their odds.

It's a marathon. Not a sprint.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

At least Tenn lost. Hopefully we're not the only AFC south team to lose to the Falcons. I live here in Atlanta and plan to attend the game.

(10-06-2019, 04:41 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 04:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm not even mad. That was a competitive game. The turnovers and the refs jobbing us cost the game. We looked bad at times (defense), but we got game.

This is it. We did enough to get blown out but we were still in it til the last play.

Our problems are things we can fix. Penalties and run D. We just need to actually fix them.

Yeah, I say the refs jobbed us (and they did to a certain extent) but it comes down to coaching the blatant foul committals out of the team. Teams that don't get a lot of penalty calls don't just benefit from ref bias, they're disciplined to not commit stupid and egregious fouls. That's what brings attention from the zebras. We are our own worst opponent at times.

(10-06-2019, 04:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm not even mad. That was a competitive game. The turnovers and the refs jobbing us cost the game. We looked bad at times (defense), but we got game.

Yeah I know what you mean. In the past few years, losses felt really hopeless because of zero spark and a total lack of effort (at times). You can't say that about this team even though at times they make *way* to many mistakes it almost feels like they can overcome them and win at any point. I didn't feel like we were out of it until the players were actually leaving the field.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-06-2019, 04:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 04:41 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: This is it. We did enough to get blown out but we were still in it til the last play.

Our problems are things we can fix. Penalties and run D. We just need to actually fix them.

Yeah, I say the refs jobbed us (and they did to a certain extent) but it comes down to coaching the blatant foul committals out of the team. Teams that don't get a lot of penalty calls don't just benefit from ref bias, they're disciplined to not commit stupid and egregious fouls. That's what brings attention from the zebras. We are our own worst opponent at times.

I agree. We get some bad calls and I do think theres an element of your reputation working against you. I think Alexander got a 15yd flag for facemask and he tackled the guy round the head area and spun him round. Now that call felt like they didn't see the facemask but he probably did. 

And coaching is so key. Like you say, the good teams do play cleaner football. Things like hand placement for lineman, they coach what you can do and where you'll get flagged.

The Run Defense of this team has been atrocious since about 2015; Like I'm at a loss for what needs to happen to get that rectified. It will continue to be our achilles heel until it's addressed. Also this team REALLY misses Ramsey...
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I’m just tired of moral victories.

This team has too much talent to have those. With Minshew we should be running away with the division now and we’re going to once again underachieve like the Del Rio years

worst thing about todays lose means panthers go to the super bowl again. the last couple times jags have lost to panthers have gone to the super bowl.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(10-06-2019, 05:05 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: worst thing about todays lose means panthers go to the super bowl again. the last couple times jags have lost to panthers have gone to the super bowl.

Except when they lost to them in 2011 in Carolina....

This is a young team, we need to learn how to close out games, cut down on the undisciplined garbage and stupid penalties. Just execute and Win the damn game, this entire fanbase is tired of losing and we deserve better.
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

It did feel like the defense was respecting Kyle Allen too much in the passing game today. Should have probably seen more stacked personnel at the line of scrimmage.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-06-2019, 05:18 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It did feel like the defense was respecting Kyle Allen too much in the passing game today. Should have probably seen more stacked personnel at the line of scrimmage.

If Ramsey had played I doubt they pay him that much respect, but up until that pick by Herndon that got overturned he got the work by the panthers receivers pretty good. Ramsey needs to come back ASAP, we're like the Jets Defense of the late 2000's ... it can't function without Revis/Ramsey.
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(10-06-2019, 04:29 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 04:28 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Not today.

Ummm the Falcons defense is non-existent. Are you even playing attention?

They scored 50 points.. I don't care how bad a defense is.. A 50 burger against a NFL defense is still a 50 burger.

(10-06-2019, 05:18 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It did feel like the defense was respecting Kyle Allen too much in the passing game today. Should have probably seen more stacked personnel at the line of scrimmage.

Stacking the line with 11 in the box , they'd just audible just audible to run, and their no name backup rb was getting in the 3rd level and to the endzone.  Linebackers , safeties nowhere to be found to fill in the holes.

He definitly is the best since...well a LONG time
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES