Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What has happened to our once vaunted defense?

One week we get torched by the pass, one week we get run over with little to no resistance. Our offense is keeping its end up, for once, but our defense is just plain awful. I remember when all our offense had to do was to score 17 points or more in a game and we won a very high percentage of them because our defense would shut the other team down. Now, it seems like they always give up an easy TD on the opening drive, it takes forever to start playing at a high caliber, if they ever do, and they are very undisciplined. Is it coaching, players, or what? Until we get the D to start playing up to a halfway decent level, it puts way too much pressure on our offense. How many yards will they give up against NO next week? Do we need to go into a game thinking that our offense must score 30-40 points a game so we can have a chance to win!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I was so happy to see this thread. For many a year we would rail against the offense for losses. This year the script has flipped. The defense is letting us down.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We gonna get destroyed by the saints. Alvin Kamara is one of the top rbs today, Bridgewater's confidence is high after a monster game, Michael Thomas is one of the best wideouts, Sean peyton is a elite head coach. Their d is solid.

(10-06-2019, 06:05 PM)copycat Wrote: I was so happy to see this thread.  For many a year we would rail against the offense for losses.  This year the script has flipped.  The defense is letting us down.
Yes, if our d was about half as good as the offense, we'd won this game. They ran all over our d today, what a shame.

It's the scheme. No more Seattle style defense, go back to a normal 4-3 defense man to man coverage 3 down linebackers.

Were missing 20.

Ramsey shuts down his side (week 1 outlier) and provides excellent run support.

I think this loss was on Wash. They were running a zone scheme and we just sat back in base. No run blitzing. The Safeties were out of position too many times and we got caught gambling.

We were overloaded on those 3 big runs and got caught. They made Campbell run today. And trapped Dareus, and our LBs and Safeties were chasing all game.

This one is on Wash in my opinion.

(10-06-2019, 06:12 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: We gonna get destroyed by the saints.   Alvin Kamara is one of the top rbs today,  Bridgewater's confidence is high after a monster game,  Michael Thomas is one of the best wideouts,  Sean peyton is a elite head coach.  Their d is solid.

The way they pick on Ramsey's back-up, we'll have to score at least 40 points to even have a chance this coming weekend. Puts way too much pressure on the offense, the d needs to earn their large paychecks!

the leaders and captains need to step up and lead.
way too many issues with game discipline.
gaps, misfits, positioning were all awful. Myles Jack looked unprepared out there.

plus, that was Barry Sanders out there. WOW

the defense hasn't looked the same since poz retired. he was here in 2017. Its not pozs fault though,a pperson needs to retire,and spend time with family. I'm just saying poz was a bigger part of the defense then people think.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 06:58 PM by Jagsbch.)

Simply put, we need Ramsey back. Especially now our safety is hurt. What’s his status anyway?

Outside this game Jaguars rushing defense were in the top half. All is not lost. We played an awesome rushing offense today. Sometimes you just have to appreciate what the opponents accomplished and pick up the pieces and move on especially considering the 68, and 88 yards rushing the past two teams were held too by our rushing defense.

Ramsey not playing hurts but it wasn’t because Ramsey that we let two very long running TDs happen. It’s on 44 and the safeties.

To make things short... were missing Poz, Church, and Gipson, and even to some extent 2017 Jackson.

Our 2017 defense was better at both safety positions as well as 2 of the LB positions, as well as on the D line.

We are a shell of our 2017 D and help is not on the way.

I think we’re just mediocre on defense now. A good offense will easily score 25+ ppg against us.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(10-06-2019, 07:14 PM)SuperJville Wrote: Ramsey not playing hurts but it wasn’t because Ramsey that we let two very long running TDs happen. It’s on 44 and the safeties.

To make things short... were missing Poz, Church, and Gipson, and even to some extent 2017 Jackson.

Our 2017 defense was better at both safety positions as well as 2 of the LB positions, as well as on the D line.

I think we’re just mediocre on defense now.  A good offense will easily score 25+ ppg against us.

This times 1000
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 07:41 PM by snowwolf776.)

(10-06-2019, 07:14 PM)SuperJville Wrote: Ramsey not playing hurts but it wasn’t because Ramsey that we let two very long running TDs happen. It’s on 44 and the safeties.

I think we’re just mediocre on defense now.  A good offense will easily score 25+ ppg against us.

we had church,gibson,and telvin smith last year,and we still couldn't stop the run.  derrik hennery ran all over us last year.    the team misses poz more then people relieze. we ned a vetren that isn't retired to come in ,and take pozs place.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Blaming the safeties, if Ramsey was there would we have too?

286 yes rushing for the Panthers today. They averaged 10.6yds per carry!!

McCaffrey had 176yds.

Those are really bad numbers. Fixable, but bad. And we've got Kamara and Peyton next week. I want to see what we work on this week.

(10-06-2019, 07:40 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: Blaming the safeties, if Ramsey was there would we have too?

Ramsey was hanging with the Texan's today so I am told
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

10/1/2017 we gave up 256 yards to the NY Jets so that team wasn't immune to this kind of stuff either.

(10-06-2019, 08:18 PM)copycat Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 07:40 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: Blaming the safeties, if Ramsey was there would we have too?

Ramsey was hanging with the Texan's today so I am told

He was hanging with his agent and the agent's other client, D Watson.  Not "with the texans."

Just gonna drop this here...
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...t-stop-it/

(10-06-2019, 08:45 PM)Corriewf Wrote: Just gonna drop this here...
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...t-stop-it/

Reminiscent of the Seattle (?) game when Puz kept getting isolated on the slot WR downfield a few seasons ago.

i.e. Wash got pencil whipped by Turner.