Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
James O’Shaughnessy suffered a torn ACL

https://twitter.com/jaguarmaven/status/1...93664?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I see Dwayne Allen was released by the Dolphins back on the 31st of August with an injury settlement. He may be worth a look. Wouldn't be against looking at former Jaguars in Ben Koyack and Neal Sterling too. Maybe those guys play better in this system along with Minshew at QB Vs. what they had to contest with here earlier with Bortles, etc.

Just trying to think who all else is out there.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-07-2019, 01:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 12:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Swaim is being used as an inline blocker and he's not bad at it. 

DeValve is being used as a lead blocking H-Back and he's good at it. 

If you are looking for receiving from them you're barking up the wrong tree. Swaim gets maybe 2 looks per game on dump offs.
DeValve has only run a small handful of routes.

That's my concern. They now lack a viable receiving threat at the position. Even with Oliver being healthy they'll have to consider his hamstring injury a potential on going issue this year. They're going to have to start churning the mill here now at the position. Still trying to figure out what the hell happened with that exchange yesterday too. Was it Minshew or DeValve's fault on that fumble?

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...33152?s=20

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...84673?s=20

(10-07-2019, 02:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 01:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote: That's my concern. They now lack a viable receiving threat at the position. Even with Oliver being healthy they'll have to consider his hamstring injury a potential on going issue this year. They're going to have to start churning the mill here now at the position. Still trying to figure out what the hell happened with that exchange yesterday too. Was it Minshew or DeValve's fault on that fumble?

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...33152?s=20

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...84673?s=20

Good to know. Appreciate it!

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Given the fact they are going to "work some guys out" makes me think they don't think Charles Jones is ready to be a contributor yet.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2019, 03:45 PM by Caldrac.)

(10-07-2019, 03:28 PM)NCJag Wrote: Given the fact they are going to "work some guys out" makes me think they don't think Charles Jones is ready to be a contributor yet.

May not have a choice. It's slim pickins' at this position a month into the regular season now. Had they not forked over a draft pick for Josh Dobbs a few weeks ago they may have felt more inclined to work out a trade for a guy that could have filled this role perfectly. 

[BLEEP] happens. Can't be prepared at every position when an injury occurs. Otherwise every team would be hard to beat. Hopefully they'll figure it out. If  they can't get Swaim / DeValve and Oliver going they'll have to incorporate Lee / Cole more than likely in an odd man formation where they work short and tight in the [BLEEP] so to speak. 

Have to be tough to play over the middle. Lee is short and compact. Westbrook has proven he can take a lick or two and pop back up. It'll be interesting the rest of the way now with that aspect of the game.

(10-07-2019, 03:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote: May not have a choice. It's slim pickins' at this position a month into the regular season now. Had they not forked over a draft pick for Josh Dobbs a few weeks ago they may have felt more inclined to work out a trade for a guy that could have filled this role perfectly. 

[BLEEP] happens. Can't be prepared at every position when an injury occurs. Otherwise every team would be hard to beat. Hopefully they'll figure it out. If  they can't get Swaim / DeValve and Oliver going they'll have to incorporate Lee / Cole more than likely in an odd man formation where they work short and tight in the [BLEEP] so to speak. 

Have to be tough to play over the middle. Lee is short and compact. Westbrook has proven he can take a lick or two and pop back up. It'll be interesting rest of the way now with that aspect of the game.

Yeah, I would feel more comfortable having Westbrook play the slot more than Lee as far as durability goes.

We were already pencil thin at TE, now we lose the best receiving threat at the position. Just great! At this point, I'm not even confident that Oliver will see the field before week 10. Someone is gonna have to step up, especially since the 2020 TE class looks pretty weak.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...56576?s=20

(I don't think there's anything left in the tank)

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2019, 05:00 PM by Caldrac.)

(10-07-2019, 04:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...56576?s=20

That's a potential gift. You pick up the phone now and get him down here tomorrow morning. He's a well rounded veteran. Knows the game. Could be the perfect safety blanket for Minshew and he'll be able to show Josh Oliver a thing or two. Couldn't ask for a better gift right now. Please pick-up the [BLEEP] phone!!

(10-07-2019, 04:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...56576?s=20

He’s gonna retire, he’s not going anywhere. 

Quote:On December 27, 2018, Watson announced that he would be retiring after 15 seasons in the NFL.[62] However, on May 10, 2019, he came out of retirement and signed with the New England Patriots, the team who drafted him back in 2004.[63][64] He announced on May 27, 2019, that he had failed a test for performance enhancing drugs in March due to a testosterone supplement prescribed by his doctor during his retirement, and that he would be suspended for 4 games in the start of the 2019 season.[65] He was reinstated from suspension on September 30, and the Patriots received a roster exemption for him. On October 7, 2019, after not being activated ahead of the 4:00 PM deadline, the Patriots released Watson.

(10-07-2019, 05:10 PM)Corriewf Wrote:

He’s gonna retire, he’s not going anywhere. 

Quote:On December 27, 2018, Watson announced that he would be retiring after 15 seasons in the NFL.[62] However, on May 10, 2019, he came out of retirement and signed with the New England Patriots, the team who drafted him back in 2004.[63][64] He announced on May 27, 2019, that he had failed a test for performance enhancing drugs in March due to a testosterone supplement prescribed by his doctor during his retirement, and that he would be suspended for 4 games in the start of the 2019 season.[65] He was reinstated from suspension on September 30, and the Patriots received a roster exemption for him. On October 7, 2019, after not being activated ahead of the 4:00 PM deadline, the Patriots released Watson.

Quote: Watson, who turns 39 in December, hopes to continue his career, Ian Rapoport of the NFL reports. Watson declined to speak with reporters Monday as he packed his belongings.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ree-agent/
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2019, 05:19 PM by scottyg.)

That sucks... I hate seeing guys go down like that. At least if someone dove at his leg the injury would make more sense.
And O'Shag was at least keeping defenses honest over the middle. Something definitely seemed to be missing from the passing game after he went down the other day.

That said, he was only averaging 4 targets a game. We should be able to replace that production.

Geez! Watson must be done... New England is in worse shape than we are at the position. I wouldn't be opposed to working him out though.

Ramsey to Vikings for:

Diggs, Rudolph, Tre Waynes, 1st rd and 2nd Rd pick.

(10-07-2019, 05:18 PM)knarnn Wrote: Ramsey to Vikings for:

Diggs, Rudolph, Tre Waynes, 1st rd and 2nd Rd pick.

Trae Waynes is an UFA after this season. He's one guy I would really go after to compete for a starting job opposite Bouye. My first choice would be to try and convince the Bengals to trade us CB William Jackson though, as they picked up his $9 million club option for 2020, but Waynes would be nice as well.

I just read today that the Bengals are shopping several of their players including TE Tyler Eifert. They are also desperate for receiving help since John Ross went on I.R. and A.J. Green is still weeks away from returning. Here's an idea..... how about we offer a trade, where we give them Marqise Lee, for TE Tyler Eifert and a 5th round pick? The Bengals get a reliable receiver (who is under contract for a while) to pair with Tyler Boyd, until A.J. Green returns and we get TE help for this season, much needed cap relief and a 5th round pick to replace the one we wasted on Josh Dobbs. It's a win-win.

(10-08-2019, 02:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I just read today that the Bengals are shopping several of their players including TE Tyler Eifert. They are also desperate for receiving help since John Ross went on I.R. and A.J. Green is still weeks away from returning. Here's an idea..... how about we offer a trade, where we give them Marqise Lee, for TE Tyler Eifert and a 5th round pick? The Bengals get a reliable receiver (who is under contract for a while) to pair with Tyler Boyd, until A.J. Green returns and we get TE help for this season, much needed cap relief and a 5th round pick to replace the one we wasted on Josh Dobbs. It's a win-win.

Lee isn't an asset as of now. Also we used a 5th on Dobbs, all though I'm pretty sure we have another.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2019, 04:57 PM by Caldrac.)

(10-08-2019, 02:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I just read today that the Bengals are shopping several of their players including TE Tyler Eifert. They are also desperate for receiving help since John Ross went on I.R. and A.J. Green is still weeks away from returning. Here's an idea..... how about we offer a trade, where we give them Marqise Lee, for TE Tyler Eifert and a 5th round pick? The Bengals get a reliable receiver (who is under contract for a while) to pair with Tyler Boyd, until A.J. Green returns and we get TE help for this season, much needed cap relief and a 5th round pick to replace the one we wasted on Josh Dobbs. It's a win-win.

Seems like a wash trade wise. I don't see how the Bengals would take that deal to be honest with you. Eifert has been oft injured. Lee has been oft injured. I don't see them giving up a draft pick neither. In all actuality. You could make the argument that they may start utilizing Lee more in the offense with O'Shaughnessy done for the year. 

They're going to have to figure out a way to work the middle of the field. I have noticed it throughout this year with this offense. The tendency is that Chark and Conley work the sidelines deep or hit the short routes along the sidelines. And they typically bank on Westbrook hitting the short to mid range out routes. Him and Minshew seem to have that down damn near perfectly so far from what I have seen. 

It was mostly O'Shaughnessy primarily hitting the middle of the defense down the seam. If they can't get Oliver up to speed quickly and they know that they can't fully depend on Swaim and DeValve to do what O'Shaughnessy could do? It gives Lee and Cole an opportunity to do some dirty work over the middle. And quite honestly? They BOTH could use the work now with them clearly getting out worked by Chark, Conley & Westbrook. 

We'll see how it shakes out soon enough. Flip may have something up his sleeve. But I did like that one play and formation where Lee came up clutch late in that Denver game on 3rd down. That's been the biggest complaint offensively this year. Their ineffectiveness to get it done on 3rd down. I know a lot of it is probably self inflicted with the 3rd and a country mile situations due to the consistent inconsistencies along the offensive line. But, there's a chance there for Lee and Cole to be that 3rd down guy.

(10-08-2019, 05:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/118...20448?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6xhWSRH...e=youtu.be

Will Tye looks respectable. At least his stat sheet does. I also like the Philadelphia & New England stops that he had after the New York stints. That at least means they valued his ability to pick-up TE concepts in their offenses. He was nicknamed "Baby Gates" apparently during his rookie year. Not really sure why he stalled out. I can see why the Eagles parted ways with him though after being stacked with Ertz & Goedert. 

Could be a nice pick-up. Eric Tomlinson is a whooper. Probably more of a blocker if anything. Same for that other guy from Denver.