Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey Updates (merged)

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 02:43 PM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

(10-11-2019, 03:56 PM)knarnn Wrote: Does anyone find it odd that Ramsey hasn’t spoken to the media since before the Thursday night game? But he has time to do a weekly podcast? I thought all players were required to be available to the media after practice and games during the media availability time.

(10-15-2019, 02:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 02:03 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/11...28354?s=21

My guess — it comes down to the trade deadline assuming Philly is willing to give up proper value. I just don’t think they are trading either TE. I think I read somewhere that If Ertz is traded, it’ll be a 17 million dollar cap hit and Goedert is the hier apparent to Ertz.

Ertz Dead Cap hit:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia...rtz-12316/

It'll certainly come down to the deadline. Thankfully it's just two weeks away. I don't think they're willing to part ways with Ertz nor Goedert as well. That position is important to their offense, much like most of Andy Reid's protege's. 

It'll be picks and only picks more than likely with them. I don't see them forking over an offensive lineman like Lane Johnson with Jason Peters well over 30 and possibly retiring at the end of the year. They may want to try Lane Johnson back over at LT next year. 

Hopefully another team or two come forward as the deadline closes and they sweeten the pot a little.

I just don't know of that many teams contending at the moment that would want him.

New England? No.
Buffalo? Maybe.
Dallas? Maybe.
Baltimore? Probably.
Kansas City? Doubtful. They had a headcase already with Marcus Peters.

I wouldn’t trade him until the off season if the trade doesn’t involve a player who can help us this year. Also, Marcus Peters plays for the Rams.

Just realized you said had not have on the Peters thing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-15-2019, 01:55 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 01:45 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Spare us the PC police.

I've heard more than a few women tell me they get tired of their gender being used as an insult. Sometimes politically correct is simply correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 02:59 PM by Caldrac.)

(10-15-2019, 02:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 02:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Guys (and Gals... or whatever you feel comfortable to identify as) let's keep this about football. Politics and societal stuff can stay in the Sideline and Political forum.

Sorry I hurt some of your feelings for using a reference that's common in most sports when it comes to Men Vs. Women. We're not all foolish here. We know there's some incredible women in this world all across the board. Especially in various sports. But it's not uncommon for it to be used as an insult.

For every one of these lines or movies:

[Image: 103c23d6b44adfb699becf080bfc6f5d.jpg]

You get one of these too:

It's also common for people to text while driving...... Doesn't mean you should.

(10-15-2019, 02:36 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 03:56 PM)knarnn Wrote: Does anyone find it odd that Ramsey hasn’t spoken to the media since before the Thursday night game? But he has time to do a weekly podcast? I thought all players were required to be available to the media after practice and games during the media availability time.

(10-15-2019, 02:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It'll certainly come down to the deadline. Thankfully it's just two weeks away. I don't think they're willing to part ways with Ertz nor Goedert as well. That position is important to their offense, much like most of Andy Reid's protege's. 

It'll be picks and only picks more than likely with them. I don't see them forking over an offensive lineman like Lane Johnson with Jason Peters well over 30 and possibly retiring at the end of the year. They may want to try Lane Johnson back over at LT next year. 

Hopefully another team or two come forward as the deadline closes and they sweeten the pot a little.

I just don't know of that many teams contending at the moment that would want him.

New England? No.
Buffalo? Maybe.
Dallas? Maybe.
Baltimore? Probably.
Kansas City? Doubtful. They had a headcase already with Marcus Peters.

I wouldn’t trade him until the off season if the trade doesn’t involve a player who can help us this year. Also, Marcus Peters plays for the Rams.

Just realized you said had not have on the Peters thing.

That's the hardest part of the deal. Most teams are going to be unwilling to give up a solid player + picks for one premium player at the half way mark of the season. What good does it do the Eagles to land Ramsay if it means they lose Ertz and potentially start averaging less points per game? 

It'll probably happen next year. Which is a pain in the [BLEEP] because it'll continue to be a sidebar topic any time this team loses without him.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I’ve heard from multiple toddlers that they are tired of their name being used to describe Ramsey’s behavior. One such toddler started screaming immediately when I told him you guys called Ramsey a toddler. 

Can we not trade this guy before anymore groups get offended being associated with him?

Clearly deactivating him for the season is the best bet. Trade him in the offseason for a more clear return. It's not like he's a free agent. Fight fire with fire.

What's comical is that the little batch dropped a game winning pick six to start this whole charade.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(10-15-2019, 03:23 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Clearly deactivating him for the season is the best bet. Trade him in the offseason for a more clear return. It's not like he's a free agent.  Fight fire with fire.

What's comical is that the little batch dropped a game winning pick six to start this whole charade.

+1 for using the word "Batch" in place of [BLEEP]. 

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-15-2019, 01:55 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 01:45 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Spare us the PC police.

I've heard more than a few women tell me they get tired of their gender being used as an insult. Sometimes politically correct is simply correct.

And I've heard more than a few say that men should be men and not [BLEEP].

So who's right, your cry baby friends or the women I know that couldn't be bother by the words of someone that really has no bearing on them, politically correct or not?
I mean... morality and all that really isn't universal.

So please... take this PC policing to the other forum where you rant and rave about what you believe is right and wrong. 

Tanks!

So no more VaJaylen Ramsey? How about a little Jalen Crampsey?

I’m not sure why some on here are getting their panties in a wad.

(10-15-2019, 03:55 PM)Jags Wrote: So no more VaJaylen Ramsey? How about a little Jalen Crampsey?

I think you might need to workshop this a bit

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 04:13 PM by JagFan81.)

Not Ramsey related but neither is half this thread!

GMFB is just the best

https://twitter.com/i/status/1184119139549569024

(10-15-2019, 04:04 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 03:55 PM)Jags Wrote: So no more VaJaylen Ramsey? How about a little Jalen Crampsey?

I think you might need to workshop this a bit

Eh,  I think it’s solid.  May not be the best.  But it gets the job done. More than what Jalen is doing.

(10-15-2019, 03:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 03:23 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Clearly deactivating him for the season is the best bet. Trade him in the offseason for a more clear return. It's not like he's a free agent.  Fight fire with fire.

+1 for using the word "Batch" in place of [BLEEP]. 

That's filter evasion and that is against the rules.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(10-15-2019, 04:16 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 03:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote: +1 for using the word "Batch" in place of [BLEEP]. 

That's filter evasion and that is against the rules.

[Image: 3fabb3da214bad8a1edab3c96f19c6ce--baby-h...-happy.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 04:27 PM by JagFan81.)

Ravens have just traded for Peter's from the Rams.

Ramsey isn't going there

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/stat...3261414400

(10-15-2019, 01:40 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 08:44 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Love how Fournette stepped up and called this clown out. Starting to really like 27.

No doubt 4nette has taken advantage of this situation to improve his overall standing with the FO and fan base. Smart man, this helps his chances of a contract extension when that time comes, no doubt.

Indeed.  Keeping his nose clean, playing well.  The way he got a handle on Cam after the Denver game spoke volumes.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(10-15-2019, 04:03 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m not sure why some on here are getting their panties in a wad.

I thought it was panties in a bunch....and knickers in a twist?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Ravens are probably out

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theramswire...trade/amp/

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 04:46 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-15-2019, 04:27 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Ravens have just traded for Peter's from the Rams.

Ramsey isn't going there

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/stat...3261414400

Player for player deal LB Kenny Young for CB Marcus Peters. They pretty much gave Peters away. I never thought Ramsey would go there anyway.

(10-15-2019, 04:38 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 04:03 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m not sure why some on here are getting their panties in a wad.

I thought it was panties in a bunch....and knickers in a twist?

I think there are many variations to the phrase. I’ve always heard undies in a bunch and panties in a wad.  Perhaps it’s a geographical thing.  Like soda, pop or “coke”.