Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bengals Week Updates

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Thanks for the updates NYC! I grew up for 15 years in Cincinnati as a kid so I'm a little more vested in this game compared to others. Hope Oliver can play for us.

Oliver doesn’t have a choice now. We’re down two TEs and Koyack isn’t the answer.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019, 03:32 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Makes me hungry for Skyline Chili.  I've only been to Cinci once (1992 ish) and remember it as being a pretty cool place. Went to some really cool down home bar on the hill overlooking the city then hit Skyline Chili the next day for my hangover lunch.  

[Image: skyline%20chilliiii.jpg]

(10-14-2019, 03:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Makes me hungry for Skyline Chili.  I've only been to Cinci once (1992 ish) and remember it as being a pretty cool place. Went to some really cool down home bar on the hill overlooking the city then hit Skyline Chili the next day for my hangover lunch.  

I have 6 packets in my cupboard. I always keep it stocked in my home since I grew up eating it. It's manna to me.

Najee Goode was awesome yesterday. He was making some good wrap up tackles towards the sideline.

I wouldn't hold my breath on Oliver though. Even if he does play the odds of him moving the needle are slim to none. Unless Flip says [BLEEP] all that and decides to get him 3 - 5 easy touches early to get the cob webs off.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

It'd definitely be nice to see Oliver get on the field. I think he can add a different dimension to the passing game. Also skyline is trash.

They better not sleep on these Bengals.

I remember in the 90s when they had Carl Pickens and he would cause us headaches during the old AFC Central days.

Fast forward to 2019 and now it’s AJ Green.

An NFL team that is winless does not mean it’s an easy win. So before you guys burn your house down if we lose, the Jags better come ready to play or 2-5 is very likely.

(10-14-2019, 05:00 PM)roycee Wrote: It'd definitely be nice to see Oliver get on the field. I think he can add a different dimension to the passing game. Also skyline is trash.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Trap game incoming!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

https://twitter.com/bengalsbackyard/stat...71557?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

At least #20 won't be around to pull a stunt like that.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-14-2019, 05:37 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Trap game incoming!

It certainly feels like it unfortunately...

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019, 06:05 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(10-14-2019, 03:56 PM)Brett Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 03:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Makes me hungry for Skyline Chili.  I've only been to Cinci once (1992 ish) and remember it as being a pretty cool place. Went to some really cool down home bar on the hill overlooking the city then hit Skyline Chili the next day for my hangover lunch.  

I have 6 packets in my cupboard. I always keep it stocked in my home since I grew up eating it. It's manna to me.

Funny you mentioned that because when I googled Skyline Chili, I got a bunch of shopping options for the canned chili and box mix.  I didn't even realize they sold the mix --- I'm definitely going to try to get some to mix up for the game this weekend.  I may need to hit Total Wine (domestic & international beer and liquor store) to see if they carry any Cinci beers as well.  This pic is making me crave the dish

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019, 06:15 PM by SamusAranX.)

(10-14-2019, 05:17 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: They better not sleep on these Bengals.

I remember in the 90s when they had Carl Pickens and he would cause us headaches during the old AFC Central days.

Fast forward to 2019 and now it’s AJ Green.

An NFL team that is winless does not mean it’s an easy win. So before you guys burn your house down if we lose, the Jags better come ready to play or 2-5 is very likely.

AJ Green is out

That said this still screams trap game

(10-14-2019, 05:47 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: At least #20 won't be around to pull a stunt like that.

What stunt did he pull exactly??? He shut AJ down and the dude went berserk and attacked him from behind.
No Fun

(10-14-2019, 05:58 PM)enigma Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 05:37 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Trap game incoming!

It certainly feels like it unfortunately...

2-4 teams don't have trap games...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019, 06:52 PM by Brett.)

(10-14-2019, 06:04 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 03:56 PM)Brett Wrote: I have 6 packets in my cupboard. I always keep it stocked in my home since I grew up eating it. It's manna to me.

Funny you mentioned that because when I googled Skyline Chili, I got a bunch of shopping options for the canned chili and box mix.  I didn't even realize they sold the mix --- I'm definitely going to try to get some to mix up for the game this weekend.  I may need to hit Total Wine (domestic & international beer and liquor store) to see if they carry any Cinci beers as well.  This pic is making me crave the dish

Yeah, I buy the packets and make it myself because I actually don't eat red meat anymore. So I use vegetarian beef crumbles instead. If you were closer I would definitely give you a packet for free!

Can a 2-4 team have a trap game?

I live outside Cincinnati. There are 2-3 Skyline Chili restaurants within 10 miles of my house. It's definitely good, but be warned, the chili cheese dogs are literally half the size they were in the 90's. They now look like mini-hot dogs. They are even more expensive though. Luckily, the chili spaghetti is about the same size.