Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bengals Week Updates

And now their other starting corner, William Jackson is out.

So no Jackson or Kirkpatrick. Jags should absolutely steam roll this game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Westbrook 5+ catches, 100+ yards and 1 TD.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 03:16 PM by JagFan81.)

Were onto Cin....cinn...a...ti..

Mixon and Bernard are an OK RB duo. Bengals O line has been awful so far. Dalton isn't an awful QB. Doesn't look like Green will be back and Ross is out. Boyd looks their main WR weapon. Eifert is a solid TE if he can stay healthy. 

I do not think they are in tank mode, we've been that team trying to get its first W of the season. Those teams can fight.

What I'd give for Ramsey-Green Part 2.

The key this week is to start fast. Score an early TD and I have confidence everything will fall into place. If we get to playing catch up, it may be a long day.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-15-2019, 02:18 PM)knarnn Wrote: The key this week is to start fast. Score an early TD and I have confidence everything will fall into place. If we get to playing catch up, it may be a long day.

Do not defer the kickoff!

(10-15-2019, 02:22 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 02:18 PM)knarnn Wrote: The key this week is to start fast. Score an early TD and I have confidence everything will fall into place. If we get to playing catch up, it may be a long day.

I agree with this. Offense needs to build up some confidence early. Give them the opening kick-off if the coin toss is won.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Absolutely.  Play with a lead for a change and give the defense a chance to pin their ears back.

(10-15-2019, 02:22 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

I disagree with this.  While defense has been a "letdown" some this season, they are still the team's main strength.  Get an early stop or a turnover early and give the offense a chance to put points on the board.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-15-2019, 01:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: And now their other starting corner, William Jackson is out.

With Jackson out, I'm expecting a huge day from Chark now. The only thing that concerns me is how our OG's handle the inside pass rush. If we get passed that obstacle, this could be a big confidence builder and get us back on track.

Cincy 0-6, last in the NFL in rushing, terrible offensive line, QB with a low rating, plenty of starters injured............

We don’t stand a chance......

(10-15-2019, 04:55 PM)Section105Fan Wrote: Cincy 0-6, last in the NFL in rushing, terrible offensive line, QB with a low rating, plenty of starters injured............

Now that is some #becausejaguars
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-15-2019, 01:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: And now their other starting corner, William Jackson is out.

Geez. Jags O should be good to go.

The only thing I'd guess that might hurt the Jags is if the defense decides to have another brainfart game against the run.
 If they play tight though, they should get to Dalton a lot and not have much trouble at all.

(10-15-2019, 03:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Absolutely.  Play with a lead for a change and give the defense a chance to pin their ears back.

(10-15-2019, 02:22 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Do not defer the kickoff!

I disagree with this.  While defense has been a "letdown" some this season, they are still the team's main strength.  Get an early stop or a turnover early and give the offense a chance to put points on the board.

In the last 3 games they've deferred and have gone into the half tied, down one score, and down two scores respectively - finishing 1-2 in those games. Against the Titans, the Titans deferred, the Jaguars immediately went up 14-0 and went on to dominate the game. 

Take. The. Ball.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 07:40 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(10-15-2019, 04:55 PM)Section105Fan Wrote: Cincy 0-6, last in the NFL in rushing, terrible offensive line, QB with a low rating, plenty of starters injured............

Exactly, nothing like the Jaguars to make a bad team look good.

(10-15-2019, 07:14 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 03:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Absolutely.  Play with a lead for a change and give the defense a chance to pin their ears back.

In the last 3 games they've deferred and have gone into the half tied, down one score, and down two scores respectively - finishing 1-2 in those games. Against the Titans, the Titans deferred, the Jaguars immediately went up 14-0 and went on to dominate the game. 

Take. The. Ball.

I usually would defer but I agree with you.  This defense can't sack a paper bag most of the time.  This defense is far from elite.  Hope the offense can take control.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I grew up in Dayton. Once the Bengals were established they were my team. And they and the Reds were my connection to home as I traveled the land for the USAF for 20 years.

But Mike Brown can wear on you. About 1995 when I was in Virginia, Mike Brown started threatening to leave Cincinnati if the city didn't give him a new stadium. There was no way I was rooting for them if they moved. And there was no way I was going to switch to our rivals the Browns, so I made up my mind I was going to root for the Jaguars if that happened. It was either them or Carolina and Carolina had hideous uniforms. But Cincinnati gave him the stadium, and my Bengal rooting went on.

in 1999 I moved to Jax and slowly they became my second team. And as I observed both teams I saw one owner who did the minimum to win and help his team, and another (Weaver) who was doing everything he could to bring a winner and make football work in Jax. Finally in 2008 the Jags traveled to Cincy for a game we both needed. At that point I said if Mike Brown doesn't really care, neither do I. I became a Jags fan that day. (Jags lost).

But ever since I'm a Jags fan, and hoping to send Cincy to another defeat that Mike Brown really won't care about one way or another.

Been looking at some of the Bengals games and Cincy is BAD this year, holy... This game is looking more and more like a "get right" game for us. Should see some form of turnovers from our defense, offense should start clicking, and we should see our first big win of the year.

No game is "easy" in the NFL .....none.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-16-2019, 02:51 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: No game is "easy" in the NFL .....none.

Usually I would agree but this year may be an exception, there are some pretty awful teams this year and Cincy is really banged up coming into this game. I think if both teams play to their potential Sunday, we win an a blowout.

Just heard an interesting stat on AJ Green on the Dan Patrick Show this morning.

When he doesn't play, the Bengals win 23% of the time. When he does play, the Bengals win 60% of the time.

(10-16-2019, 11:20 AM)Brett Wrote: Just heard an interesting stat on AJ Green on the Dan Patrick Show this morning.

When he doesn't play, the Bengals win 23% of the time. When he does play, the Bengals win 60% of the time.

So.... what happens the other 17% of the time?

(10-16-2019, 11:23 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 11:20 AM)Brett Wrote: Just heard an interesting stat on AJ Green on the Dan Patrick Show this morning.

So.... what happens the other 17% of the time?

LOL, that's exactly what I was wondering. Just quoting exactly what they said on the show...didn't make sense to me either. You get a rough idea though.