Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bengals Week Updates

(10-17-2019, 01:17 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 01:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: In some of the games they've passed so much  or run so little that this hasn't been possible.  

Marrone and Flip (like most coaches) believe in getting a powerback type of runner near twenty carries and he's only done that in half of the games thus far. 

I would like to see Armstead as a spellback and Ozigbo as a C.o.P. back though. I like that type of rotation.

It's just weird to see Fournette trying to take himself out of the game breathing hard and they wave him back on the field while Armstead is chillin' nice and rested.

I agree completely on that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just checked the weather forecast in Cincinnati for Sunday. 10% chance of rain as of now....seems most of the rain will hold off until Monday. 

(10-16-2019, 11:50 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 12:38 AM)newporttom Wrote: I grew up in Dayton. Once the Bengals were established they were my team. And they and the Reds were my connection to home as I traveled the land for the USAF for 20 years.

But Mike Brown can wear on you. About 1995 when I was in Virginia, Mike Brown started threatening to leave Cincinnati if the city didn't give him a new stadium. There was no way I was rooting for them if they moved. And there was no way I was going to switch to our rivals the Browns, so I made up my mind I was going to root for the Jaguars if that happened. It was either them or Carolina and Carolina had hideous uniforms.  But Cincinnati gave him the stadium, and my Bengal rooting went on.

in 1999 I moved to Jax and slowly they became my second team.  And as I observed both teams I saw one owner who did the minimum to win and help his team, and another (Weaver) who was doing everything he could to bring a winner and make football work in Jax. Finally in 2008 the Jags traveled to Cincy for a game we both needed. At that point I said if Mike Brown doesn't really care, neither do I. I became a Jags fan that day.  (Jags lost).

But ever since  I'm a Jags fan, and hoping to send Cincy to another defeat that Mike Brown really won't care about one way or another.

Thank you for your service, and I'd say to hell with all things Cincy, but having visited there many times, I'm not sure that would be a major relocation effort.

GO JAGS

Yes, thank you for your service. Speaking of the military, do any of you follow Zeroblog30 on IG? They have military related feed, sometimes satirical, but the guy who manages the account is a big Jags fan

(10-17-2019, 03:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/11...12962?s=20

Great news

Finally will have a tight end. Lets see how he does.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-17-2019, 03:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/11...12962?s=20

This guy is always touch and go because his hamstring injury is continually aggravated. If he plays this weekend, I’m expecting him to limp to the sidelines as a mid game scratch.

(10-17-2019, 09:40 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The bungles road game is a must win IMO.

I actually hate the overused term, "must win game," but I don't see a winning way forward if the Jags can't handle this one.  The Jets will be a tougher challenge than cincy.
That game is not a gimme at all with Darnold and Crowder showing good chemistry and Bell ready to take advantage of any poor gap fits we create.

Beating cincy will set the tone for the next stretch of games, several of which are "winnable" on paper if the team performs near it's potential.

Yep hard to use that term.....but,that's exactly what it is. The bungles are also going to fight hard to keep the stigma of being "winless" away.
We went through that the first two games of the season and the Jaguars were highly motivated to take the tacks to the woodshed.
Once we had them on their heels....they never recovered.

And watching the cowgirls-jets game .....the jets didn't look like the pushovers they were thought to be now that darnold is back.
That game has me pretty worried.

It would be great to replace a 2 game losing streak with a 2 game winning streak before facing the 'horns in London.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-17-2019, 04:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

This guy is always touch and go because his hamstring injury is continually aggravated. If he plays this weekend, I’m expecting him to limp to the sidelines as a mid game scratch.

That's my same fear. I don't know if they'll work him in slowly but damn near anything can aggravate that hamstring. A pull on a block, a hard stop, a straight run downfield, pass blocking, etc. 

It'll be interesting to see how Flip works him in and what his pitch count will be. I would guess maybe 10 - 15 early. And then if he feels loosened up and comfortable they'll probably test him out on a stretch play downfield in the 2nd half if they're down on the scoreboard. 

I just hope he holds up. We're so damn thin now at this position and we cannot afford another loss. It really did feel like the offensive approach changed when O'Shaughnessy got hurt. I know he wasn't a monster in the passing game but it just felt differently. 

Then Swaim got pimp slapped and he was out. So, pretty rough there man. The more and more I hear about O.J Howard potentially being on the trading block the more and more I feel like the Jaguars should consider maybe dropping a 2nd RD pick on him. It's a pretty lack luster class next year anyway. Odds of them getting another mover and shaker at the position is slim to none.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Call me silly but I’d be offering a pick to Tampa for OJ Howard if I were the FO. We are SO thin at TE. Maybe a 3rd.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 05:16 PM by knarnn.)

(10-17-2019, 04:53 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1184...07205?s=19

Quote: Per multiple sources, the Bengals and Glenn have been at odds regarding the concussion, its symptoms, whether he’s able to return, the need for second opinions, and how the player feels. At some point, the situation prompted the Bengals to fine Glenn $200,000 for conduct detrimental to the team.

As one source explained it to PFT, things got heated on Wednesday. Glenn and a member of the Bengals’ coaching staff argued (a witness thought at one point that it was going to turn physical), and Glenn eventually told coach Zac Taylor to just cut him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/17/bengals-cordy-glenn-at-odds-over-handling-of-his-concussion/

(10-17-2019, 05:05 PM)Brindle91 Wrote: Call me silly but I’d be offering a pick to Tampa for OJ Howard if I were the FO. We are SO thin at TE. Maybe a 3rd.

With our luck he’d refuse to show up.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 06:50 PM by Caldrac.)

(10-17-2019, 05:05 PM)Brindle91 Wrote: Call me silly but I’d be offering a pick to Tampa for OJ Howard if I were the FO. We are SO thin at TE. Maybe a 3rd.
Not silly at all. If anything it's probably a safe bet. You would be getting a former 19th overall pick who honestly had two good years in a row and has been regulated to a smaller role due to Arian's approach to the game.

I would fork over a 2nd RD pick from next year's draft and not even lose an ounce of sleep over it. He would probably be a boon in Flip's scheme and more than just a safety blanket to Minshew and/or Foles.

Then you'll have Howard and Oliver the rest of the way along with O'Shaughnessy still under contract going into 2020. That's a decent group on paper.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

(10-17-2019, 05:58 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/BengalsMarisa/status...95008?s=19
Nice. I hope they blitz the [BLEEP] out of him!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I agree, however, I wouldn't offer anything greater than a 3rd.

We have a chance to capitalize on future draft capital with the gift we got from the Rams.

Keep all of the 1st's and 2nd's - so we have ammo to wheel-and-deal or draft some studs.

A 2nd for OJ Howard would be incredible. Sign me up any day

(10-14-2019, 06:45 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 05:58 PM)enigma Wrote: It certainly feels like it unfortunately...

2-4 teams don't have trap games...

Of course they generally don't have games where virtually the entire fanbase expects them to win, so there's that.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I'm all for that. 

3rd rounder for him and I'd love it.

If they need a 2nd rounder... I'd be hesitant. Would like to see Oliver play before giving up a 2nd for him.

I just have a bad feeling he joins the Jaguars and becomes the next Julius Thomas.

John Jerry at LT? The guy is awful. Yannick should have a 4-5 sack day Sunday.

(10-18-2019, 12:48 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: John Jerry at LT? The guy is awful. Yannick should have a 4-5 sack day Sunday.

Jerry is indeed, awful. Their entire offensive line is. They drafted Jonah Williams to be the LT, but he immediately gets hurt before the season begins and he is gone for the year. Cordy Glenn was supposed to move inside to LG, but with Williams hurt, he has to stay at LT and he gets hurt. Longtime LG Clint Boling retires. RT Bobby Hart is a disaster and the guy they drafted in 2018 to be the Center of the future (Billy Price) has been disappointing as well. He lost his starting job to undrafted Trey Hopkins and now, the team is trying Price at LG, because they are running out of guys to fill the starting positions. This could be the weakest O-line in the NFL. I will be hugely disappointed if we don't get at least 5 sacks as a team.