Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This is how adults handle player issues

(10-18-2019, 10:07 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 08:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey didnt have any leverage, he illegally faked an injury.  If you say he had leverage than everyone in the league has the same leverage as he did.  Anyone could fake an injury I guess.

And I'm sure you'll start seeing more and more of it unfortunately.

Oh my back... I want out... bs
But the leverage comes from being a stud player at your position and being young and near the end of a contract.

As opposed to Bennett who could be cut and forgotten by the league in days

At what point does this become unacceptable? It's against league rules, right? He passed his physical for the Rams with flying colors- miraculously healed-  and nothing will be done about it because he's a stud player? But if some lesser player did the same, the league would probably make an example of him. Double standard.

I guess if the league doesn't take care of business then the teams do. The Pats don't mess around. Hernandez was arrested and they dumped him. AB went full [BLEEP] after just a week on the team and they dumped him. Maybe those are better examples of what I've been trying to say since they were high profile players.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-18-2019, 10:19 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 10:07 AM)Kane Wrote: And I'm sure you'll start seeing more and more of it unfortunately.

But the leverage comes from being a stud player at your position and being young and near the end of a contract.

At what point does this become unacceptable? It's against league rules, right? He passed his physical for the Rams with flying colors- miraculously healed-  and nothing will be done about it because he's a stud player? But if some lesser player did the same, the league would probably make an example of him. Double standard.

I guess if the league doesn't take care of business then the teams do. The Pats don't mess around. Hernandez was arrested and they dumped him. AB went full [BLEEP] after just a week on the team and they dumped him. Maybe those are better examples of what I've been trying to say since they were high profile players.
Yea. That's life and sports.

In basketball, better players get more calls. Harden gets to the FT line more than anyone else because he's a star.
In football, Brady always gets those calls where the defenders dives at his knees. Do you see Minshew getting those calls?

The double standard for stars and great players will always be there because they are what drive each league. Doesn't mean it's right but that's just how it is.

(10-18-2019, 10:19 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 10:07 AM)Kane Wrote: And I'm sure you'll start seeing more and more of it unfortunately.

Personally I think it's already unacceptable. They'll have to address it in the CBA one would think.
I think the Jags should be recouped for the games he sat out while healthy.

(10-15-2019, 04:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This is how a tight ship is run. This is how adults act. No [BLEEP] and moaning. No tantrums. Just accept it and move on. 

Link

The New England Patriots will be without veteran defensive lineman Michael Bennett for their Monday night game against the New York Jets.
The Patriots have suspended Bennett for one week for conduct detrimental to the team, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Mike Giardi report.
He was not at practice Tuesday, per Rapoport and Giardi.
Bennett issued the following statement to ESPN's Jordan Schultz regarding the one-week ban:
"On Friday, I had a philosophical disagreement with my position coach that has led to my suspension. I apologize to my teammates for any distraction this may have caused."
He played 11 snaps in last week's win over the Giants, and just 14 during Week 5 versus the Redskins.
Over six games in New England, Bennett's made one start and has 2.5 sacks.

I don't disagree, but if the Jaguars' plan from early on was to trade Ramsey , suspending him would have been counterproductive. Bennett isn't going anywhere and wasn't going to be, so suspending him hurts no one but him.

(10-18-2019, 10:10 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 09:52 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: LOL, Bennett is human garbage, Jalen is just dumb and immature.

Faking an injury to get his way makes Ramsey complete garbage in the human being and teammate department. He's essentially a panty waste.

Hahaha not even close buddy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-18-2019, 02:44 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 10:10 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Faking an injury to get his way makes Ramsey complete garbage in the human being and teammate department. He's essentially a panty waste.

Hahaha not even close buddy

Birds of a feather....buddy.