Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I’m so glad we got AJ Bouye when we did!

Caldwell doesn’t get the credit he deserves for this addition but boy ain’t it good that we at least have a Pro Bowl caliber CB that seems content here in Jax.

AJ has done nothing off the field and has been the perfect team mate. 

He held all world Michael Thomas to 86 yards, when several fans were afraid of him.

Bouye is all of sudden our best defensive player, with Allen, Yan, and Campbell.

I’m not going to make this a thread about the other guy we just traded, but when the dust settles, we still have an elite CB with 2 extra first round picks on the way.

Let’s face it, you can’t wrap up millions upon millions of dollars at one position.

In 2017, Bouye was statistically the best DB on an elite defense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We are ignoring the fact that Bouye was our Nr2. and Ramsey always covered the Nr1 receiver on the other team. This made Bouyes job a lot easier. We will see how this goes with Herndon at Nr2 and Bouye as the Nr1 CB.
Also, 2017 was a fluke, defense hasnt been nearly the same since.

Bouye didnt give up 86 yards to Thomas. All of those yards wards wasnt on him. We also have probably the best slot corner in the league too in Hayden. Tom gets credit for those signings as well

We will draft an replacement CB in next year's draft to compliment Bouye.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(10-16-2019, 06:45 AM)NH3 Wrote: We will draft an replacement CB in next year's draft to compliment Bouye.

NH3...

I don’t think we will. You might not ever replace Ramsey, but the point for this thread is at least we still have 1 good CB.

I know you want to look at the bright but Bouye is not what Ramsey was. He is good but I don't think he is elite. Like the poster said we will see now that he is our number 1. I really don't think we should be mad at Ramsey either, how many of the same players do we have left from our 2017 run. Our front office messed this roster up. Its good to still have hope but if our FO keeps it up, its going to be hard to get back to that 2017 level..smh

I think our 2017 team was so good on defense because of the year Campbell, Jackson and Yannick.

Bouye is not Ramsey, I agree

(10-16-2019, 06:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bouye didnt give up 86 yards to Thomas.  All of those yards wards wasnt on him. We also have probably the best slot corner in the league too in Hayden.  Tom gets credit for those signings as well

Bouye is the #1 CB since Ramsey hasn't been playing, so every yard that's given up is solely on Bouye.

If it was Ramsey's fault before, it sure as [BLEEP] is Bouye's fault now.

I know that doesn't fit your agenda... But that's basically the fact of the matter.

(10-16-2019, 07:17 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 06:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bouye didnt give up 86 yards to Thomas.  All of those yards wards wasnt on him. We also have probably the best slot corner in the league too in Hayden.  Tom gets credit for those signings as well

Bouye is the #1 CB since Ramsey hasn't been playing, so every yard that's given up is solely on Bouye.

I know that doesn't fit your agenda... But that's basically the fact of the matter.
When did I ever say that again?  This is just one game but this is in his resume for many more.  Got picked on at times in the Ten game too and gave up a big play to their 3rd or 4th WR

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1184...75328?s=19

Bouye is and has been a solid CB for this team, and was a good pickup by this front office. Haydon has been a good nickel thus far. Herndon will need to step up his game, as he will continue to be targeted by opposing teams.

Why didn't Bouye shadow Thomas? I mean he's every bit as good as Ramsey right?

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 08:57 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-16-2019, 08:40 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Why didn't Bouye shadow Thomas? I mean he's every bit as good as Ramsey right?

Ask Wash, he did for most of the game and we also play some zone which Bouye is much better at than Ramsey.  Even in 2017 Ramsey wasnt on the number 1 WR all the time.  He covered Hopkins, Brown and the other teams numer 1 WRs at times and didnt give up 1 TD

(10-16-2019, 07:04 AM)D-Money Wrote: I know you want to look at the bright but Bouye is not what Ramsey was. He is good but I don't think he is elite. Like the poster said we will see now that he is our number 1. I really don't think we should be mad at Ramsey either, how many of the same players do we have left from our 2017 run. Our front office messed this roster up. Its good to still have  hope but if our FO keeps it up, its going to be hard to get back to that 2017 level..smh

Don't kid yourself. He's an elite corner who actually out-played Ramsey in 2017. He's not as physically gifted but he's still a shut-down corner. Sure, you'd rather have both but in terms of impact, losing Gipson was probably a bigger hit to this defensive backfield as a whole.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I wanted to trade down and draft Tredavious White in 2017 and not sign a high priced FA corner. Still wish we had done that.

AJ has played well more often than not. But he's had some really ugly games as well. Like most free agents, his performance isn't quite up to his salary, but it's good we have him right now.

Gotta draft another good one in April now.

(10-16-2019, 08:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 08:40 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Why didn't Bouye shadow Thomas? I mean he's every bit as good as Ramsey right?

Ask Wash, he did for most of the game and we also play some zone which Bouye is much better at than Ramsey.  Even in 2017 Ramsey wasnt on the number 1 WR all the time.  He covered Hopkins, Brown and the other teams numer 1  WRs at times and didnt give up 1 TD

[Image: giphy.gif]

He didn't shadow. Bouye and Herndon played their side.

And Bouye struggles in zone as much as Ramsey. He leaves wayyyy too much cushion on the guys entering his quadrant.

(10-16-2019, 09:04 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 07:04 AM)D-Money Wrote: I know you want to look at the bright but Bouye is not what Ramsey was. He is good but I don't think he is elite. Like the poster said we will see now that he is our number 1. I really don't think we should be mad at Ramsey either, how many of the same players do we have left from our 2017 run. Our front office messed this roster up. Its good to still have  hope but if our FO keeps it up, its going to be hard to get back to that 2017 level..smh

Don't kid yourself. He's an elite corner who actually out-played Ramsey in 2017. He's not as physically gifted but he's still a shut-down corner. Sure, you'd rather have both but in terms of impact, losing Gipson was probably a bigger hit to this defensive backfield as a whole.
Agree with everything, we should of kept Gipson

(10-16-2019, 09:06 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I wanted to trade down and draft Tredavious White in 2017 and not sign a high priced FA corner.  Still wish we had done that.

AJ has played well more often than not. But he's had some really ugly games as well.  Like most free agents, his performance isn't quite up to his salary, but it's good we have him right now.

(10-16-2019, 08:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ask Wash, he did for most of the game and we also play some zone which Bouye is much better at than Ramsey.  Even in 2017 Ramsey wasnt on the number 1 WR all the time.  He covered Hopkins, Brown and the other teams numer 1  WRs at times and didnt give up 1 TD

[Image: giphy.gif]

And Bouye struggles in zone as much as Ramsey. He leaves wayyyy too much cushion on the guys entering his quadrant.
Yeah, just like Ramsey had a great game in KC lol.  Herndon had a great game against NO then

(10-16-2019, 09:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 09:06 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I wanted to trade down and draft Tredavious White in 2017 and not sign a high priced FA corner.  Still wish we had done that.

AJ has played well more often than not. But he's had some really ugly games as well.  Like most free agents, his performance isn't quite up to his salary, but it's good we have him right now.

Yeah, just like Ramsey had a great game in KC lol.  Herndon had a great game against NO then

Yeah. My free lessons in how to analyze secondary play are done for the year.  
It sucks that you can't figure out what you are watching, but we'll just have to continue scrolling past your ignorant posting for now.

(10-16-2019, 09:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 09:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, just like Ramsey had a great game in KC lol.  Herndon had a great game against NO then

Yeah. My free lessons in how to analyze secondary play are done for the year.  
It sucks that you can't figure out what you are watching, but we'll just have to continue scrolling past your ignorant posting for now.

Sound like you are talking about yourself bro.  You have All 22 but it doesn't do any good if you dont know what you're looking at.  Baldy, SB winning coach broke down a few of the plays for you, great plays by Ramsey lol.  That's just one game and as Baldy said, those plays are on his resume

(10-16-2019, 07:17 AM)Eric1 Wrote:

This guy lol.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather have a GM who is successful in the draft than free agency.

Caldwell gots to go.