Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I’m so glad we got AJ Bouye when we did!

(10-16-2019, 09:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 09:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah. My free lessons in how to analyze secondary play are done for the year.  
It sucks that you can't figure out what you are watching, but we'll just have to continue scrolling past your ignorant posting for now.

Sound like you are talking about yourself bro.  You have All 22 but it doesn't do any good if you dont know what you're looking at.  Baldy, SB winning coach broke down a few of the plays for you, great plays by Ramsey lol.  That's just one game and as Baldy said, those plays are on his resume
Who did Baldinger coach that won a SB again? Refresh our memory.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-16-2019, 03:16 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 09:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Sound like you are talking about yourself bro.  You have All 22 but it doesn't do any good if you dont know what you're looking at.  Baldy, SB winning coach broke down a few of the plays for you, great plays by Ramsey lol.  That's just one game and as Baldy said, those plays are on his resume

What? Lol.
Thought it was Billick talking lol, either way good points

I thought bouye in last year in Houston played just as good as ramsey ever had. I think he took a step back in Jacksonville. Maybe Injuries. He has better hands than ramsey. He will get an int sooner or later.

(10-16-2019, 08:02 PM)Marylandjagsfan89 Wrote: I thought bouye in last year in Houston played just as good as ramsey ever had. I think he took a step back in Jacksonville. Maybe Injuries. He has better  hands than ramsey. He will get an int sooner or later.

I actually think Bouye played better than Ramsey last year. Hes quieter tho, so he doesn't get the attention. Don't get me wrong, Ramseys ceiling is definitely higher, I just think he loafs more often than Bouye.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-16-2019, 11:57 AM)D-Money Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 09:04 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Don't kid yourself. He's an elite corner who actually out-played Ramsey in 2017. He's not as physically gifted but he's still a shut-down corner. Sure, you'd rather have both but in terms of impact, losing Gipson was probably a bigger hit to this defensive backfield as a whole.

We gotta see what Bouye now that Ramsey is gone. I hope he is elite for the sake of the team. I feel like it was easier because Ramsey took out the number 1s. I also think he helped out with Bouye's confidence. Losing Gipson def hurt which brings me back to my main point that our FO is terrible and makes terrible decisions which is why we are here now. I hope Bouye doesn't lose and step and actually gains some more confidence and becomes a top3 CB like Jalen

We will see Bouye's true worth now that he is the #1, but that is besides the point.

Now. a guy that would have been, at best, the #4 CB is now the #2, unless you want to move Hayden from nickel back where he is excelling to #2 where he struggled in his career.

Now, because we don't have two stud CBs and a nickel back, the safeties will have more deep cover responsibilities, which will allow more room for TEs to operate over the middle and allow opposing offenses to attack us conventionally.

Now, we are less physical outside against bigger WRs and in run support.

Now we are less experienced in the secondary.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-17-2019, 06:51 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 11:57 AM)D-Money Wrote: We gotta see what Bouye now that Ramsey is gone. I hope he is elite for the sake of the team. I feel like it was easier because Ramsey took out the number 1s. I also think he helped out with Bouye's confidence. Losing Gipson def hurt which brings me back to my main point that our FO is terrible and makes terrible decisions which is why we are here now. I hope Bouye doesn't lose and step and actually gains some more confidence and becomes a top3 CB like Jalen

We will see Bouye's true worth now that he is the #1, but that is besides the point.

Now. a guy that would have been, at best, the #4 CB is now the #2, unless you want to move Hayden from nickel back where he is excelling to #2 where he struggled in his career.

Now, because we don't have two stud CBs and a nickel back, the safeties will have more deep cover responsibilities, which will allow more room for TEs to operate over the middle and allow opposing offenses to attack us conventionally.

The Herndon/Hayden situation is a little bit frustrating because both of them play better at nickel than they do outside. Herndon got snaps there last year in preseason and regular season and looked really good. Better than he has on the corner. 

I think we may see Herndon shore up his boundary technique and zone play to a degree, but it will still pale in comparison to Ramsey's ability. 

Given some of the shaky moments we've seen from Harrison and Wilson, most of this secondary is going to have to step up if we are to compete for the division or a wildcard.  Hayden has been the only guy playing on the level of our 2017 unit with Bouye close behind him. We need the three others to step up.

We need all our dogs on the D-Line to start wreaking havoc. That should help the secondary.

(10-17-2019, 06:51 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 11:57 AM)D-Money Wrote: We gotta see what Bouye now that Ramsey is gone. I hope he is elite for the sake of the team. I feel like it was easier because Ramsey took out the number 1s. I also think he helped out with Bouye's confidence. Losing Gipson def hurt which brings me back to my main point that our FO is terrible and makes terrible decisions which is why we are here now. I hope Bouye doesn't lose and step and actually gains some more confidence and becomes a top3 CB like Jalen

Another factor is we presumably will see less freelancing in the secondary which #20 was occasionally prone to do.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-17-2019, 09:51 AM)scottyg Wrote: We need all our dogs on the D-Line to start wreaking havoc.  That should help the secondary.

Agree with this, this is the biggest difference imo.  We need 2017 Yannick, Jackson was one of the best interior pass rushers in 17.  I'm glad Bryan is starting to get some pressure up the middle.  Campbell is still playing at a high level and Allen is getting better and better.  Jarrod Wilson has played decent.  Harrison has mad a number of mistakes on the other hand and Hayden is playing like the best slot corner in the league, great in coverage, against the run, and blitzing off the edge

(10-17-2019, 09:51 AM)scottyg Wrote: We need all our dogs on the D-Line to start wreaking havoc.  That should help the secondary.
Of course that's true but in 2017, there were a lot of coverage sacks too. They kind of go hand in hand.

(10-17-2019, 10:14 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Of course that's true but in 2017, there were a lot of coverage sacks too. They kind of go hand in hand.

In 2017 we had Ramsey, Bouye, Church and Gipson all playing at a very high level.  Unless these guys suddenly learn to play a zone that actually accounts for all the receivers, they're going to have to lean on the DL.  That's far and away the strength of the defense now.

(10-17-2019, 10:14 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

There were some coverage sacks but the dline was much better. With the pressure we were getting the didnt have to cover as long.

This past offseason people were talking about Bouye being one of the cap cuts after this season I guess not now?
No Fun

(10-17-2019, 11:17 AM)nhiverson Wrote: This past offseason people were talking about Bouye being one of the cap cuts after this season I guess not now?

Of course not.  They don't have the luxury of replacing him now as they'd have to find two starting corners in one offseason. Highly unlikely. 

They also no longer need to reach that deep to clear cap space. They cleared 13 million from next year's cap when they traded JR. 

Bouye was fourth or fifth on the list of cap casualties anyway. It wasn't likely they'd get that far down the list given the money they'd save from guys more likely to be released or restructured like, Lee, Linder, Campbell, and Dareus.

(10-16-2019, 06:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bouye didnt give up 86 yards to Thomas. All of those yards wards wasnt on him. We also have probably the best slot corner in the league too in Hayden. Tom gets credit for those signings as well

I've been lauding the Hayden signing for 2 years now, I knew instantly he was an upgrade over Colvin and for cheaper.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(10-19-2019, 08:47 AM)Firesky Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 06:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bouye didnt give up 86 yards to Thomas.  All of those yards wards wasnt on him. We also have probably the best slot corner in the league too in Hayden.  Tom gets credit for those signings as well

I've been lauding the Hayden signing for 2 years now, I knew instantly he was an upgrade over Colvin and for cheaper.

A lot of the board panicked over this one and it's been one of the team's better moves.

Always felt AJ was as good or better than jr....and I'm so tired of hearing the media say...
we'll see how the Jaguars do without their "star player".

HELLO!....he hasn't played or supported his team mates for quite some time now.
They'll be just fine.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Wink 

I have always like AJ. 

Interesting story. At one point I had two pairs of Nike Sparq traning glasses. They were glasses that an athlete would wear and they emit a strobe that can be increased or decreased in strobe duration. The purpose of wearing them is that when the glasses would strobe you can't see anything so trying to catch a football or baseball is becomes increasingly difficult as the duration of the strobe decreases.

So I sell these glasses and see a long name that starts with an "A", last name "Bouye", in Houston, Texas. This was a $600 sale, so it's going to take a fairly serious devoted athlete to buy these glasses. I thought the name looked familiar so I looked it up and see this guy plays for the Texans. This was prior to AJ signing with the Jags it was during the offseason right before he signed with us; nevertheless I thought it was pretty cool that this NFL player on a division rival bought my glasses so I decided to send him a message. I wished him good luck throughout his career except the two games a year when he plays the Jags. Two weeks later he signed with the Jags. I like to think that part of his performance with the Jags is because of me  Big Grin

https://twitter.com/brentasjax/status/11...41958?s=21

Unlike Ramsey, he actually cares for his team.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."