Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 10:34 AM by Black and Teal.)

Is he overrated? Do you think he will still be a 2021 top prospect?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No. Yes.

(10-16-2019, 10:53 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: No.  Yes.

What he said

So far what I have seen from him, I am not impressed. I have seen guys make huge leaps in their Junior and Senior years though, so I am reserving judgement. The guy is just a Sophomore and he is still learning, but so far, I don't see what all the fuss is about.

He certainly looked a lot sharper last season.

What's that due to? Probably a lot of things. One thing that stands out to me is that he seems to be pressured a LOT more than I remember him ever being. Good thing for him to face and learn from.

He's not quite as polished to me as his cleaner pockets made him look. I still think he's elite talent for a college prospect. However, this season raises the question of how much was his success last year as much about the talent and performances around him?
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 12:18 PM by Kane.)

People should probably give these college kids more than one season before handing them the first overall pick in whatever draft.
Tua has shown some growing pains after absolutely killing it for awhile (without a solid OL he was meh in that NTG against a very good front 4)
Lawrence is no different.

Remember when Herbert was going to be the top dude? Now almost no one is talking about that kid.

He is Winston. The 2nd season he starts believing he can throw it anywhere and has a defense where it doesn't matter that much. Neither him or Tua are sure things. Watching teams with great OLs and WRs running wide open makes it easy for QBs. That doesn't happen a lot in the NFL and these QBs may not ever face hard times or maybe 1 time a season.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

The problem with figuring out these top QB prospects is playing the waiting game until they have an actual game that challenges them.

If he makes tough throws and plays clutch in bowl games and championship's against other top ranked teams he'll keep being tagged as numero uno for 2021.

They're supposed to smoke teams like Louisville today. But they shouldn't be hanging on by the skins of their teeth against North Carolina.

Same for Fromm and UGA against South Carolina last Saturday. Lawrence still has plenty of football left to elevate his play though.

I think what everyone circles back to is him being an 8th grader practicing with the varsity team and then taking the QB job from a senior as a freshman in HS. Same thing last year with Clemson really.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Fields>

For all the people echoing praises for Trevor Lawrence, do you realize he is leading the ACC in interceptions, despite being the most well protected QB in the conference? He makes some very poor decisions. I don't know whether that is from an inability to read defenses or it's just from him being careless and overly confident. Either way, that kid has a lot of growing to do before he should even think of entering the draft.

It's a good thing he can't enter the draft then.

Maybe next year we can get him as an UDFA