Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Jalen Mock Draft - Updated

(11-02-2019, 11:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 11:28 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Sorry, O-Line, I meant Bryce Hall- not Lamb. Hall was rated a top 20 prospect prior to his injury.

I wasn't really impressed with him last season and I just didn't get to see enough of a body of work from him this season (due to his season ending injury), to risk spending a 1st, 2nd or even 3rd round pick on him. Now if he somehow falls to the 4th, I could be swayed. IMO, 1st-3rd round picks are reserved for guys I really believe can be good starters in the NFL.

Thanks for your opinion. It looks like the cornerback position will be pretty deep so hopefully our GM will take the right guy at this position.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-02-2019, 02:23 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 11:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I wasn't really impressed with him last season and I just didn't get to see enough of a body of work from him this season (due to his season ending injury), to risk spending a 1st, 2nd or even 3rd round pick on him. Now if he somehow falls to the 4th, I could be swayed. IMO, 1st-3rd round picks are reserved for guys I really believe can be good starters in the NFL.

Thanks for your opinion. It looks like the cornerback position will be pretty deep so hopefully our GM will take the right guy at this position.

This is a fairly deep CB class, but I still wouldn't wait passed the 3rd round to get one. The improving play of Tre Herndon is making this less of a priority though.

Your score is: 40492 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 12 (PITT): Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin (A)
Round 3 Pick 12 (DEN): Cam Akers, RB, Florida State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 20 (LAR): Grant Calcaterra, TE, Oklahoma (A)
Round 3 Pick 21 (DAL): Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State (A)
Round 4 Pick 4 (ATL): Tommy Kraemer, OG/OT, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5 (NYJ): Marvin Wilson, DT, Florida State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 6 (NYG): Ben Bredeson, OG, Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 7 (DEN): Joe Bachie, OLB, Michigan State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 10 (LAC): Jordan Love, QB, Utah State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 12 (PITT): Brandon Jones, FS/SS, Texas (A+)
Round 4 Pick 16: Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 4 Pick 17 (MIA): Josh Metellus, FS/SS, Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 18 (DET): Dontavious Jackson, OLB, Florida State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 19 (CAR): Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 5 Pick 5 (NYJ): Zach Robertson, OG, Arizona State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 14 (PHI): Patrick Johnson, DE/OLB, Tulane (A+)
Round 5 Pick 20 (DAL): Raequan Williams, DT, Michigan State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 25 (BUF): Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9 (PHI): Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota (A+)
Round 7 Pick 19 (CAR): Luke Farrell, TE, Ohio State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 20 (LAR): AJ Green, CB, Oklahoma State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 24 (MINN): Isaiahh Loudermilk, DT, Wisconsin (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick (LAR)
2021 Round 1 Pick (CAR)
2021 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick (CAR)
2022 Round 1 Pick
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I changed a couple things on my mock. I now have things falling this way.....

1. Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson
1. Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
2. John Simpson, OG, Clemson
3. Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State
4. Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton
5. John Runyan Jr., OG/OT, Michigan
6. Joshua Kelly, RB, UCLA
6. Dezmon Patmon, WR, Washington State

I haven't done round 7 yet.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2019, 01:39 PM by Kane.)

(11-04-2019, 05:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I changed a couple things on my mock. I now have things falling this way.....

Simmons is a helluva talent... but do we draft a SAM linebacker in the first really?
Or perhaps because of his versatility he wouldn't necessarily have to come off in nickle packages? Being a Sam backer and a 3rd safety in nickel packages that can be used to cover and/or blitz?
I really love his tackling ability in today's NFL where no one does it anymore

edit: I've read 3 different articles projecting anywhere from SS to a SAM backer, to a WILL
I love versatility. Digging this guy more and more the more I read up.

(11-05-2019, 01:35 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 05:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I changed a couple things on my mock. I now have things falling this way.....

Simmons is a helluva talent... but do we draft a SAM linebacker in the first really?
Or perhaps because of his versatility he wouldn't necessarily have to come off in nickle packages? Being a Sam backer and a 3rd safety in nickel packages that can be used to cover and/or blitz?
I really love his tackling ability in today's NFL where no one does it anymore

edit: I've read 3 different articles projecting anywhere from SS to a SAM backer, to a WILL
I love versatility. Digging this guy more and more the more I read up.

I would use him as a WILL. He is a former Safety and excels in coverage which is something our LB's are not good at. He is fast and athletic and a sure tackler, which is something Quincy Williams has been bad at. That is why I think he is so valuable for this team. I think having someone like Simmons on the field, would make up for a lot of Jack's shortcomings in the middle.

Trade 2 first rounders and trade Minshew and Foles. Draft Joe Burrow by any means necessary

(11-09-2019, 06:39 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Trade 2 first rounders and trade Minshew and Foles.  Draft Joe Burrow by any means necessary

[Image: AgedSolidHyracotherium-size_restricted.gif]

(11-09-2019, 06:39 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Trade 2 first rounders and trade Minshew and Foles.  Draft Joe Burrow by any means necessary

Even the Bengals won't take that deal. They are desperate for a new QB and Burrow looks to be the real deal. He's having one of the best seasons I've seen from a QB in several years. This season went from "Tank for Tua" to "Bust for Burrow."

(11-11-2019, 01:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Even the Bengals won't take that deal. They are desperate for a new QB and Burrow looks to be the real deal. He's having one of the best seasons I've seen from a QB in several years. This season went from "Tank for Tua" to "Bust for Burrow."

I've grown quite skeptical of Tua the more he gets hurt and struggles behind poor OL play.

And on the flip, Burrow has silenced all my doubt.
I wouldn't trade 2 firsts plus (from where we pick it would likely take our 2 firsts and a 2nd and another pick at least) for him.
Minshew has little value in a trade and I'm convinced (barring a huge 7 game set) that Foles' contract actually hinders any trade value he would have.

(11-11-2019, 01:56 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 01:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Even the Bengals won't take that deal. They are desperate for a new QB and Burrow looks to be the real deal. He's having one of the best seasons I've seen from a QB in several years. This season went from "Tank for Tua" to "Bust for Burrow."

I've grown quite skeptical of Tua the more he gets hurt and struggles behind poor OL play.

And on the flip, Burrow has silenced all my doubt.
I wouldn't trade 2 firsts plus (from where we pick it would likely take our 2 firsts and a 2nd and another pick at least) for him.
Minshew has little value in a trade and I'm convinced (barring a huge 7 game set) that Foles' contract actually hinders any trade value he would have.

I still like Tua, a lot, but Burrow is on a different level. The progression he has shown from last season is phenomenal. I'd love to have a QB like that, but I don't see the Bengals trading out of that spot at all. I also believe the Dolphins will end up with their original draft target, Tua. Currently, I have the top 5 looking like this......

1. Cincinnati- Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
2. Washington- Chase Young, DE, Ohio State
3. NYG- Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
4. Miami- Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
5. NYJ- Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa

Burrow is one of the best QBs to come out in years imo

(11-11-2019, 07:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Burrow is one of the best QBs to come out in years imo

Agreed.

Welp after a terrible loss Sunday that all but seals our fates... time for some mocking! (Figured keep the mocks here instead of starting a new thread for each one. At least until draft season actually kicks off)
Now... this is using the boards/needs as fanspeak has em and who knows how it'll all really shake out, so please keep the flaming to a minimum when you notice that someone has been drafted in round x when they should be long gone by round x  Big Grin . It's rather difficult to research every name on the board and keep track of 31 other teams drafting unrealistically as well lol

It's for fun
and this one turned out pretty good, except for waiting on LB until the talent left a little to be desired.
Couple of notes: I think Phillips in the 4th is tremendous value, the first 3 picks make this a home run draft imo, and I project Dillon to be our new FB (which we should be using with a N/S runner like LF, imo. The whole not using a full back thing is for when you got a guy that can make people miss and Dillion offers versatility from that position). Also, I think we pick higher than 13th. Probably 9-10, perhaps higher based on what I saw Sunday. All the picks beyond round 5 are developmental/depth guys. And Pinkey is great blocker with some solid receiving skills opposite Oliver who hopefully develops into an actual weapon.

1: R1P13
CB JEFFREY OKUDAH
OHIO STATE

2: R1P18
DL JAVON KINLAW
SOUTH CAROLINA

3: R2P13
G SOLOMON KINDLEY
GEORGIA

4: R3P13
TE JARED PINKNEY
VANDERBILT

5: R4P13
LB JACOB PHILLIPS
LSU

6: R5P17
RB AJ DILLON
BOSTON COLLEGE

7: R6P13
WR KENDRICK RODGERS
TEXAS A&M

8: R6P28
S JEREMIAH DINSON
AUBURN

9: R7P13
C GAGE CERVENKA
CLEMSON

13: R1P13
DL DERRICK BROWN
AUBURN
20: R1P20
OT WALKER LITTLE
STANFORD
45: R2P13
CB SHAUN WADE
OHIO STATE
77: R3P13
WR K.J. HAMLER
PENN STATE
119: R4P13
LB TROY DYE
OREGON
163: R5P19
S ALOHI GILMAN
NOTRE DAME
191: R6P13
WR ANTONIO GANDY-GOLDEN
LIBERTY
226: R7P13
C ZACH SHACKELFORD
TEXAS

(11-18-2019, 06:21 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: 13: R1P13  
DL DERRICK BROWN
AUBURN
OT WALKER LITTLE
STANFORD
45: R2P13  
CB SHAUN WADE
OHIO STATE
77: R3P13  
WR K.J. HAMLER
PENN STATE
119: R4P13  
LB TROY DYE
OREGON
S ALOHI GILMAN
NOTRE DAME
191: R6P13
WR ANTONIO GANDY-GOLDEN
LIBERTY
226: R7P13  
C ZACH SHACKELFORD
TEXAS

Love getting Brown here
Walker Little is a great prospect to move inside to guard imo.
And Troy Dye is a solid addition to our LB corp

My dream start to any draft right would be:

1a - Derrick Brown DT - I’m feeling pessimistic about the rest of the season so we may end up drafting high enough to get him. Perfect replacement for Dareus.

1b - Pat Freiermuth TE - May not come out but if he does we need to be all over this guy. Has everything you need in a TE.

2 - Shaun Wade CB - Local kid who could probably play in position in the secondary. Bouye, Herndon, Hayden, and Wade would have me feeling pretty good about the CB room.

Would then try to address OL, WR, and LB in no particular order.

Thoughts on the below? I tried aiming for need and value at the same time with each pick:

12: R1P12

DL DERRICK BROWN
AUBURN

WR TEE HIGGINS
CLEMSON

44: R2P12

TRISTAN WIRFS
IOWA

76: R3P12

LB MALIK HARRISON
OHIO STATE

118: R4P12

RB CHUBA HUBBARD
OKLAHOMA STATE

ANTOINE WINFIELD JR.
MINNESOTA

190: R6P12

WR DENZEL MIMS
BAYLOR

206: R6P28

CB LAVERT HILL
MICHIGAN

225: R7P12

TE MITCHELL WILCOX
USF

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-21-2019, 02:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Thoughts on the below? I tried aiming for need and value at the same time with each pick:

12: R1P12

DL DERRICK BROWN
AUBURN

WR TEE HIGGINS
CLEMSON

44: R2P12

TRISTAN WIRFS
IOWA

76: R3P12

LB MALIK HARRISON
OHIO STATE

118: R4P12

RB CHUBA HUBBARD
OKLAHOMA STATE

ANTOINE WINFIELD JR.
MINNESOTA

190: R6P12

WR DENZEL MIMS
BAYLOR

206: R6P28

CB LAVERT HILL
MICHIGAN

225: R7P12

TE MITCHELL WILCOX
USF

Love the front end of this draft.
Would probably prefer CB & TE earlier... but the draft falls as it does sometimes.

(11-21-2019, 11:07 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: My dream start to any draft right would be:

1a - Derrick Brown DT - I’m feeling pessimistic about the rest of the season so we may end up drafting high enough to get him. Perfect replacement for Dareus.

1b - Pat Freiermuth TE - May not come out but if he does we need to be all over this guy. Has everything you need in a TE.

2 - Shaun Wade CB - Local kid who could probably play in position in the secondary. Bouye, Herndon, Hayden, and Wade would have me feeling pretty good about the CB room.

Would then try to address OL, WR, and LB in no particular order.

I would love to see Freiermuth in a Jaguars uniform next season. Whether he comes out is debatable, but he'd clearly be the number 1 tight end taken. He has everything you look for in a great tight end. Brown and Freiermuth would make for a killer first round. The Jags could then address offensive line and cornerback in the next 2 rounds. Both of these positions are pretty deep and the Jaguars could end up with very good players to provide competition for Herndon and Richardson/Cann.