Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Jalen Mock Draft - Updated

(11-21-2019, 05:24 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 11:07 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: My dream start to any draft right would be:

1a - Derrick Brown DT - I’m feeling pessimistic about the rest of the season so we may end up drafting high enough to get him. Perfect replacement for Dareus.

1b - Pat Freiermuth TE - May not come out but if he does we need to be all over this guy. Has everything you need in a TE.

2 - Shaun Wade CB - Local kid who could probably play in position in the secondary. Bouye, Herndon, Hayden, and Wade would have me feeling pretty good about the CB room.

Would then try to address OL, WR, and LB in no particular order.

I would love to see Freiermuth in a Jaguars uniform next season. Whether he comes out is debatable, but he'd clearly be the number 1 tight end taken. He has everything you look for in a great tight end. Brown and Freiermuth would make for a killer first round. The Jags could then address offensive line and cornerback in the next 2 rounds. Both of these positions are pretty deep and the Jaguars could end up with very good players to provide competition for Herndon and Richardson/Cann.

Well he recently confirmed his eligibility so that's good news. I think if there's a chance he's a first rounder he probably takes it.
Overall not a great TE class this year (especially compared to the last couple) so he'd definitely be THE dude of the class.
And I'd love it if we got him.  And with it falling like the above, rounds 3-4 probably still have some solid OG and LB help.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2019, 12:57 PM by HolsterHusto.)

(11-22-2019, 11:34 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 05:24 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I would love to see Freiermuth in a Jaguars uniform next season. Whether he comes out is debatable, but he'd clearly be the number 1 tight end taken. He has everything you look for in a great tight end. Brown and Freiermuth would make for a killer first round. The Jags could then address offensive line and cornerback in the next 2 rounds. Both of these positions are pretty deep and the Jaguars could end up with very good players to provide competition for Herndon and Richardson/Cann.

Well he recently confirmed his eligibility so that's good news. I think if there's a chance he's a first rounder he probably takes it.
Overall not a great TE class this year (especially compared to the last couple) so he'd definitely be THE dude of the class.
And I'd love it if we got him.  And with it falling like the above, rounds 3-4 probably still have some solid OG and LB help.

I wonder if Trey Smith would be there in the 3rd round. Easily a first round talent but the concerns with his blood clots will most likely drop his stock. Could play OT or OG. I’d start him at RG and possibly move him to LT depending on what happens with Cam.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2019, 05:00 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-21-2019, 05:24 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 11:07 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: My dream start to any draft right would be:

1a - Derrick Brown DT - I’m feeling pessimistic about the rest of the season so we may end up drafting high enough to get him. Perfect replacement for Dareus.

1b - Pat Freiermuth TE - May not come out but if he does we need to be all over this guy. Has everything you need in a TE.

2 - Shaun Wade CB - Local kid who could probably play in position in the secondary. Bouye, Herndon, Hayden, and Wade would have me feeling pretty good about the CB room.

Would then try to address OL, WR, and LB in no particular order.

I would love to see Freiermuth in a Jaguars uniform next season. Whether he comes out is debatable, but he'd clearly be the number 1 tight end taken. He has everything you look for in a great tight end. Brown and Freiermuth would make for a killer first round. The Jags could then address offensive line and cornerback in the next 2 rounds. Both of these positions are pretty deep and the Jaguars could end up with very good players to provide competition for Herndon and Richardson/Cann.

I honestly didn't know Freiermuth was draft eligible. I believe he will return to school, but if he does come out, he would certainly be a target.

Chase Young might be the best DE I've seen come out in decades. Dude is almost unlockable one on one.

(11-23-2019, 04:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Chase Young might be the best DE I've seen come out in decades.  Dude is almost unlockable one on one.

You're right. Penn State could not handle him much. He'll be long gone before the Jags pick. I didn't see Akudah once during this game which means Penn State tried to avoid throwing his way. If Derek Brown is gone, Okudah might be my 2nd choice for the Jags 1st pick. Unfortunately, he will also likely be gone.

(11-23-2019, 04:40 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 04:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Chase Young might be the best DE I've seen come out in decades.  Dude is almost unlockable one on one.

You're right. Penn State could not handle him much. He'll be long gone before the Jags pick. I didn't see Akudah once during this game which means Penn State tried to avoid throwing his way. If Derek Brown is gone, Okudah might be my 2nd choice for the Jags 1st pick. Unfortunately, he will also likely be gone.
Oh yeah, he will go in the top 2.  Young will be the BAP but Burrow is a great QB and will most likely go 1.  But Young might be the best DE to come out in the last 20 or 30 years not exaggerating, hes crazy good.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2019, 04:54 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I want to go BPA although I think we are good at corner and have much more pressing needs. I'd rather Juedy or Delpit over Odukah honestly and depending on if Telvin Smith comes out LB is a much higher need but not sure the value will be there if we pick early

(11-23-2019, 04:40 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:

Both Okudah and Brown are top 10 picks. Maybe top 8.

I can almost guarantee, he'll go #2. The Bengals have to take Burrow, but if Washington still has that #2 pick, they'll get a king's ransom to trade down. There will be several defense needy teams wanting to trade up for Young. He's almost a "can't miss" prospect. Washington would trade down a few spots for future #1 picks and still get an OT like Thomas or Wirfs or a WR like Jeudy or Lamb.

(11-23-2019, 06:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I can almost guarantee, he'll go #2. The Bengals have to take Burrow, but if Washington still has that #2 pick, they'll get a king's ransom to trade down. There will be several defense needy teams wanting to trade up for Young. He's almost a "can't miss" prospect. Washington would trade down a few spots for future #1 picks and still get an OT like Thomas or Wirfs or a WR like Jeudy or Lamb.

If Washington has number 2 I can almost guarantee they will take Young.  Teams dont trade back when a guy like Young is there, you take him regardless if its a need or not.  Still comical you saying you wouldnt take him if we had the opportunity, which we wont.

Yep not drafting Chase Young is hustling backwards

(11-23-2019, 08:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 06:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I can almost guarantee, he'll go #2. The Bengals have to take Burrow, but if Washington still has that #2 pick, they'll get a king's ransom to trade down. There will be several defense needy teams wanting to trade up for Young. He's almost a "can't miss" prospect. Washington would trade down a few spots for future #1 picks and still get an OT like Thomas or Wirfs or a WR like Jeudy or Lamb.

If Washington has number 2 I can almost guarantee they will take Young.  Teams dont trade back when a guy like Young is there, you take him regardless if its a need or not.  Still comical you saying you wouldnt take him if we had the opportunity, which we wont.

They might, but they are probably the most talentless team in the NFL right now. Is it better to get one superstar on the defensive side of the football or flip that pick to get multiple picks when you have an offense so bad, your dead last in the league in points scored......by a large margin? I don't know. 

As far as us, I still wouldn't take Young. I love the guy, but we are loaded at DE. I trade down for a 2 first rounders and take NT Derrick Brown and see who the best players left on the board are. Derrick Brown would be my #1 target in the draft by a mile, but unless we trade up, I don't think he'll be there when we pick.

OL
DT
CB
LB
TE

This "needs" list keeps getting longer and more pressing.
Ugh.

(11-25-2019, 10:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: OL
DT
CB
LB
TE

Ugh.

To me, CB would be last on that list. For the most part, I'm o.k. with CB at this point. I'd rather find a pure shifty, speedy 3rd down back late in the draft, that we can feed screen passes. It would make the offense more diverse.

(11-25-2019, 11:16 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 10:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: OL
DT
CB
LB
TE

Ugh.

To me, CB would be last on that list. For the most part, I'm o.k. with CB at this point. I'd rather find a pure shifty, speedy 3rd down back late in the draft, that we can feed screen passes. It would make the offense more diverse.

They must add that guy, but those guys are available in the fourth and fifth rounds every single year. 

That list is just a list of needs. Not necessarily a priority ranking. 
No way in hell I'd get out of the third round without having selected a corner, personally. Herndon should be a nickel candidate when Hayden is done and quality depth until then IMO.  Plus, Bouye is better as a CB2 than CB1.

(11-25-2019, 12:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 11:16 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: To me, CB would be last on that list. For the most part, I'm o.k. with CB at this point. I'd rather find a pure shifty, speedy 3rd down back late in the draft, that we can feed screen passes. It would make the offense more diverse.

They must add that guy, but those guys are available in the fourth and fifth rounds every single year. 

That list is just a list of needs. Not necessarily a priority ranking. 
No way in hell I'd get out of the third round without having selected a corner, personally. Herndon should be a nickel candidate when Hayden is done and quality depth until then IMO.  Plus, Bouye is better as a CB2 than CB1.

Agreed. Maybe even later. 

We only have so many picks though. Our first pick should be BAP. Given our current draft seeding, I'd say that would be WR. I know it isn't a need, but if Jeudy is the best player on the board, we have to take him. Our second pick in round 1 has to be either a LB, DT, O-Linemen or TE. IMO, these are areas that absolutely have to be filled with the BAP. I think there will be quality corners in that 4th to 5th round areas. Especially small school players. I'll be watching the Senior Bowl and Shrine Game very carefully to look for some mid to late round corners.

O-line is a massive priority with LB being a close second.

For the love of everything, please shore up this putrid offensive line.

I'd like to address the safety position as well... I hope Grant Delpit would last until our second 1st round pick, but that might not happen...

Delpit’s stock seems to be falling as his tackling has been pretty bad this year.

I’m hoping Tyler Biadasz is sitting their with our 2nd first rounder. Then we can move Linder back to RG.

(11-25-2019, 10:37 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Delpit’s stock seems to be falling as his tackling has been pretty bad this year.

I’m hoping Tyler Biadasz is sitting their with our 2nd first rounder. Then we can move Linder back to RG.

Would love that.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019, 12:38 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-25-2019, 11:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 10:37 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Delpit’s stock seems to be falling as his tackling has been pretty bad this year.

Would love that.

Agreed, but I just don't see the team making this type of move. Another Center I like a lot is Creed Humphrey of Oklahoma. I look for him to go somewhere in round 2, but he could sneak into round 1 as well. He was the only Oklahoma starting O-Lineman that did not graduate last season and IMO, he was the best of the lot.