Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 7

The weirdness of the AFC South's 2019 season continues.

To refresh some memories, we being in the spring, where Jaguars' OLB Telvin Smith inexplicably decides to "take the year off" from football this year.  He doesn't communicate with Marrone or the FO.  Most of the speculation has been health related, but I recently saw something purported to be from his twitter feed indicating displeasure over not getting a new deal.  If he was referring to himself, I have no idea what he was talking about because he was given a new contract.  But whatever.

Then, tacks LT Taylor Lewan gets suspended four games for violating the NFL's policy on performance enhancing drugs.

Then, in the most surprising move in quite some time, right before the start of the season, Colts' QB Andrew Luck decides to retire from football after only seven years.  Colts fans are enraged and hurt initially, and understandably so.

Next, buoyed by Luck's sudden retirement, it was the Texans' turn for weirdness.  Right before the season began, they traded DE Jadeveon Clowney to Seattle for a 3rd round pick, a special teamer, and Berkevious Mingo.  -a price for which they received some criticism for not getting enough.  Immediately after that trade, the Texans spent TWO first round picks to Miami for LT Laremy Tunsil and WR Kenny Stills.  Combined, these moves illustrate a win now approach.

"But Bullseye, you said 'the weirdness continues.  Did something else happen since then?
"
You bet it did.

This week, exasperated by his persistent trade demands, the Jaguars traded CB Jalen Ramsey to the Rams, in exchange for two first round picks and a 4th round pick (a haul bigger than what the Khalil Mack trade commanded).  As it stands now, no fewer than six major contributors to that 2017 defense that got the team to the AFC championship game are now gone from the team. 

But that wasn't all

In a move that many saw coming at some point, the tacks have named QB Ryan Tannehill as the starter, benching Marcus Mariota, who has been the starter since 2015.

Texans?  Colts?  You guys are in the lead, but it's also your turn to make a weird or unexpected or even shocking move.

As for my picks, I had my first weekly winning record in seemingly forever, going 2-1 last week.  Still not good enough to get me close to .500 yet, but I'll take what I can get at this point.

On to this weeks picks...

Jaguars (2-4) at Bengals (0-6)-in a statement released today explaining in part the team's stance on the Ramsey trade, TC said he expects the team to continue to compete for the division title this year.  Personally I think that is a pipe dream at this point.  But if the team is to have a shot, it must win this game against a winless Bengals team missing key players in the secondary (CBs William Jackson and Dre Kirkpatrick, who are expected to miss the game).  Their battered OL may be getting LT Cordy Glenn back from a concussion.  It's unclear whether A.J. Green, who was injured in preseason, will be back in time to take advantage of the Ramsey trade.  On top of that, the running game (offensively and defensively) have been a disaster for the Bengals.  The Jaguars running game has performed better of late, but Minshew is coming off of his worst game as a Jaguar so far, but has had a very promising start to his career to date.  I think even with the Ramsey trade, they should have enough to beat the bengals, though this has the earmarks of a trap game.  I say the Jaguars win 23-14 .

Texans (4-2) at Colts (3-2)-An example of how my picks have gone this year:  Just last week, I noted how the trade for Tunsil hadn't translated into the desired protection for DeShaun Watson.  This week, the Texans have come off of two straight games without Watson being sacked.  I think as long as Watson is getting that protection, the Texans are a threat to win now.  Texans 28 Colts 17

Chargers (2-4) at tacks (2-4)-Chargers are battered with injuries and on top of that, Rivers hasn't played well.  tacks looking for an offensive spark put in Tannehill.  I think the Bolts have a tough trip, but still have enough to win here as long as rivers plays well.  Bolts 23 tacks 20. 

Last week:  2-1
Overall:  6-14

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jaguars @ Bengals --->  Jaguars
Texans @ Colts --->  Colts
Chargers @ Titans --->  Titans

2-1 Last week
11-9 overall

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Jags over Bengals
Colts Over Texans
Tenn Over Chargers

Last week 0-3
Overall 10-10
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Going with
Jags
Texans
Chargers
9-9 overall
2-1 last week

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

10-10 coming in to this week:

JAX over CIN: I'm intrigued to see how much looser the team is now that the media feeding frenzy has gone away. The defense should be able to make some plays, but this won't be a blowout in spite of the opponent's winless record. 20-13
clots over tinhorns: Indy had a bye and homefield advantage, this is going to be a hard fought battle that may swing momentum for the division crown to the winner. 24-23
LAC over tacks: Indecision at the most important position hamstrings the tack offense, and Gordon is just getting into football form following a prolonged holdout. 17-14

10-10 overall

Jags
Colts
Chargers

8-12

Jags
colts
bolts

8-12

Jags
colts
tacks

9-11 overall. this week i pick colts,titians jags

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

7-9 overall

Jaguars over Bengals
Texans over Colts
Chargers over Titans
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 02:32 PM by SeldomRite.)

I'll take the jags colts and tacks.

The saints were better changed and more talented than the Jags, but I don't think this game will present that problem. I'll take the jags to win 24-16.

The colts are at home so I'll take them in a fairly even game.

The tacks made the move I was hoping they wouldn't and benched little Mary, so I guess them signing him to a Bortles type deal probably won't happen. Still I think they'll handle the chargers somehow.

Went 0-3 last week and I can't ever remember doing that before. 8-12 so far this year.

12-8

Jaguars
Colts
tittians
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

argh 1-2 week 6 as the Jaguars and the chiefs let me down. 
So now 9-11 overall.  Rolleyes

Com'on Big Cats - Jaguars dominate the bungles  Big Grin

clots over the horns - even things up until we play them both 

tacks at home will get taken by the Bolts - tacks are sinking  
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

11-9 overall

Jags over Bengals: Bullseye's right, this is a classic trap game. I hope the elimination of a certain distraction gives the Jags defense a boost.

Texans over colts: Texans are the better team, but the Indy defense is actually pretty good. The better team doesn't always win, but they do this week.

Tacks over the Bolts: The Tannehill era begins. More picks, but more TDs too. Bolts are the most disappointing team in the NFL not named Browns.

7-13

Jags- Lots of injuries for the Bengals who will be fighting hard to get Head Coach Zac Taylor his first NFL win, Jags in a do or die situation need a win here and hopefully the defense creates some turnovers as we are on pace for a incredibly horrific grand total of 5 takeaways.
Texans- Watson to Hopkins proves to be the deciding factor.
Bolts- The find a way to beat Tannehill in his debut as Titans starting QB.

GO JAGS!

Jags
clots
Bolts
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2019, 07:33 AM by D6.)

Week # 6 Results: 2-1
Overall: 10-10

Week # 7 Selections:

Jacksonville
Indianapolis
Tennessee

10-10 Overall

This Week

Jaguars
Colts
Chargers

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

9-10 coming in...

Tacks
Jags
Clots

9-11 overall

Jaguars
Texans
Chargers