Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Make America Weak Again

https://www.foxnews.com/world/erdogan-tr...-bin-trash

Fox news is reporting Erdogan threw Trump's letter in the trash as he proceeded with Turkey's invasion of Syria.

Dang, as embarrassing as this is for the US, I must admit that I'm just glad this wasn't an Obama decision as I'd just have had to stick my head up my [BLEEP] and take all the justified criticism.  What a [BLEEP] show we have in the White House when it comes to Foreign Policy; killing our NATO alliances and allowing Turkey to make us take the action to blow up our own bases and weaponry.

Make America Weak Again is in full effect right now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I can't believe Congress ever even voted to go into Syria.

(10-17-2019, 08:57 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/world/erdogan-tr...-bin-trash

Fox news is reporting Erdogan threw Trump's letter in the trash as he proceeded with Turkey's invasion of Syria.

Dang, as embarrassing as this is for the US, I must admit that I'm just glad this wasn't an Obama decision as I'd just have had to stick my head up my [BLEEP] and take all the justified criticism.  What a [BLEEP] show we have in the White House when it comes to Foreign Policy; killing our NATO alliances and allowing Turkey to make us take the action to blow up our own bases and weaponry.

1. Turkey is in NATO and currently the one "killing" it.
2. "No more American deaths in the Middle East" used to be liberal talking point, but now that Trump is doing it they are opposed to it.
3. Economic war is preferable to a shooting war, especially with a nominal ally.
4. I haven't seen us blowing up anything at Incirlik as of yet, have you?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

This is not good.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

President Trump has played this out perfectly. By isolating Turkish President Recep Erdogan, and effectively leaving him naked to an alliance of his enemies, Erdogan is now urgently asking for the U.S. to mediate peace negotiations with Kurdish forces.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/201...s-insyria/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-17-2019, 08:57 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/world/erdogan-tr...-bin-trash

An anti-American Turkish "allegedly" (as reported by Turkey) throws a letter away and America is weak? Last I heard he was actually meeting face to face with VP today. The fact you find this embarrassing shows your lack of knowledge of the situation. You should go ahead and stick your head up your [BLEEP] since you aren't using it anyway. If you think Obama is free and clear of the Syria situation you'd be ignorant. So a few things...

1.) The U.S. has two key locations we rent in Turkey for access to the Middle East leftover from Gulf War days. We have decided to leave no less than three times and they beg to have us stay because it helps their economy and offers protection. With that said, the old alliance days are far gone and the current situation is what crap can we put up with so we can maintain a strategic M.E. advantage.

2.) Turkey has bucked NATO for decades. It wasn't as bad until Erdogan pushed out democracy for Muslim supported anti-western ways. It's past time to boot Turkey from NATO and leave Incirlik. Turkey offers nothing to either party.

3.) Blow up our own bases and weaponry is not as it seems. We are talking a tiny forward operating location in a cement plant used by less than 50 mixed US and Kurds. It is not a strategic location for us but certainly is for Turkey and why be in the way for no value? As far as destroying what we left, it is pretty commonplace. You take the high value and classified items, as well as what you can carry. Everything else goes bye-bye.

4.) You'd be wrong if you think we have a large presence or that we are pulling everyone out of Syria. And unknown to most, we have ex-military contracted forces in place as well.

5.) This is a smart power play by Trump. Congress and the Pentagon did not and have not supported our interjection into Syria. Until now. Time to put military support and foreign policy to a vote now. Congress needs to approve a plan of action and funding.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(10-17-2019, 12:39 PM)B2hibry Wrote:

An anti-American Turkish "allegedly" (as reported by Turkey) throws a letter away and America is weak? Last I heard he was actually meeting face to face with VP today. The fact you find this embarrassing shows your lack of knowledge of the situation. You should go ahead and stick your head up your [BLEEP] since you aren't using it anyway. If you think Obama is free and clear of the Syria situation you'd be ignorant. So a few things...

1.) The U.S. has two key locations we rent in Turkey for access to the Middle East leftover from Gulf War days. We have decided to leave no less than three times and they beg to have us stay because it helps their economy and offers protection. With that said, the old alliance days are far gone and the current situation is what crap can we put up with so we can maintain a strategic M.E. advantage.

2.) Turkey has bucked NATO for decades. It wasn't as bad until Erdogan pushed out democracy for Muslim supported anti-western ways. It's past time to boot Turkey from NATO and leave Incirlik. Turkey offers nothing to either party.

3.) Blow up our own bases and weaponry is not as it seems. We are talking a tiny forward operating location in a cement plant used by less than 50 mixed US and Kurds. It is not a strategic location for us but certainly is for Turkey and why be in the way for no value? As far as destroying what we left, it is pretty commonplace. You take the high value and classified items, as well as what you can carry. Everything else goes bye-bye.

4.) You'd be wrong if you think we have a large presence or that we are pulling everyone out of Syria. And unknown to most, we have ex-military contracted forces in place as well.

5.) This is a smart power play by Trump. Congress and the Pentagon did not and have not supported our interjection into Syria. Until now. Time to put military support and foreign policy to a vote now. Congress needs to approve a plan of action and funding.

Oh yeah, the presence of mercenaries in an area with serious potential for genocide definitely makes me feel better.
as for your 5th point, I think you are right about Congress but wrong about the Pentagon. The Pentagon has been quick to follow attack orders and slow to follow withdrawal orders. they are definitely pro-intervention, to the extent that they have a say. But constitutionally speaking, only the president and congress should have any say.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-18-2019, 10:17 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 12:39 PM)B2hibry Wrote: An anti-American Turkish "allegedly" (as reported by Turkey) throws a letter away and America is weak? Last I heard he was actually meeting face to face with VP today. The fact you find this embarrassing shows your lack of knowledge of the situation. You should go ahead and stick your head up your [BLEEP] since you aren't using it anyway. If you think Obama is free and clear of the Syria situation you'd be ignorant. So a few things...

Oh yeah, the presence of mercenaries in an area with serious potential for genocide definitely makes me feel better.
as for your 5th point, I think you are right about Congress but wrong about the Pentagon. The Pentagon has been quick to follow attack orders and slow to follow withdrawal orders. they are definitely pro-intervention, to the extent that they have a say. But constitutionally speaking, only the president and congress should have any say.
What is your beef with contracted forces? They have been a vital part of policing under the same Geneva Convention rules as regular forces for some time. This isn't like Russian free for alls. The Pentagon has an opinion and that is it. They follow orders.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]