Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should We Try and Get Von Miller From Broncos??

Would it be worth giving up a 2nd for him? Possibly a 1st? Or should we just stick with our Dline and LB core for now?

Just a thought since we have a good amount of draft picks now. I know the Broncos aren't saying he's available, but anything is possible.

Any Olinemen out there that would be worth trying to trade for?
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd also call the Rams about Donald, Atlanta about Julio, Dallas about Zack Martin, Pats about Gilmore and Chiefs about Kelce.

(10-17-2019, 12:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I'd also call the Rams about Donald, Atlanta about Julio, Dallas about Zack Martin, Pats about Gilmore and Chiefs about Kelce.

Might as well...

(10-17-2019, 12:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I'd also call the Rams about Donald, Atlanta about Julio, Dallas about Zack Martin, Pats about Gilmore and Chiefs about Kelce.

I was going to do a similar post... decided not to.

Thanks for doing it for me lol

I would. Trade one of the four 1st rounders for him. Sacksonville would be back.

They are going to want more than a 2nd

I may have missed it, but has the empty roster spot been filled?

Mahomes for a 6th rounder?

Bit high of a price but I think he may be an ok QB.

Alright smart [BLEEP] lol. The reason I brought it up is because there's talk around analysts that he might be traded before the deadline. Obviously we should call every team and ask about their best players...
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(10-17-2019, 12:20 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:

Alright smart [BLEEP] lol. The reason I brought it up is because there's talk around analysts that he might be traded before the deadline. Obviously we should call every team and ask about their best players...

Alright, IF he becomes available I'd absolutely give up a 2nd for him.
But not a first.

Our first rounders have to be key building blocks for the future. OL, TE, CB. Young players we'll have for 5, 6, 7 years or longer.

Miller has what.... 3 really good years left? And only 2 years left on his contract. But his contract actually gives whatever team an out after each season starting this year... so its favorable even though he's due 18m each season it seems.

It's a bit risky and we'd have to find snaps for him by lessening snaps for Allen, Campbell, etc.

Why?

(10-17-2019, 12:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Why?

You can never have too many pass rushers?

Why not?

It's boring today... let's toss around silly ideas that won't happen?

Is he taking Campbell's, Yan's, or Allen's snaps? 

Great player but I'd rather make a trade elsewhere.

LoL...All these picks and some of you are acting like drunken sailors.   Laughing
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-17-2019, 12:17 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:

Mahomes for a 6th rounder?

You guys think just because he throws a bunch of touchdowns every game that he's 'good'. Whatever.

(10-17-2019, 08:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 12:17 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Mahomes for a 6th rounder?

You guys think just because he throws a bunch of touchdowns every game that he's 'good'. Whatever.

Pffft, who needs touchdowns when you got a Lambo.

(10-17-2019, 08:29 PM)enigma Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 08:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: You guys think just because he throws a bunch of touchdowns every game that he's 'good'. Whatever.

Pffft, who needs touchdowns when you got a Lambo.

Right?

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 08:49 PM by Bullseye.)

(10-17-2019, 12:02 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Would it be worth giving up a 2nd for him? Possibly a 1st? Or should we just stick with our Dline and LB core for now?

Just a thought since we have a good amount of draft picks now. I know the Broncos aren't saying he's available, but anything is possible.

No.

We need to retain Ngakoue.

(10-17-2019, 08:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 12:17 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Mahomes for a 6th rounder?

Laughing

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-17-2019, 08:48 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 12:02 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Would it be worth giving up a 2nd for him? Possibly a 1st? Or should we just stick with our Dline and LB core for now?

No.

(10-17-2019, 08:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: You guys think just because he throws a bunch of touchdowns every game that he's 'good'. Whatever.

Laughing

No, we don't we should have traded him when he still had value, for a first, no one is gonna give us that now, dude is nothing special.

(10-17-2019, 09:49 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 08:48 PM)Bullseye Wrote: No.

Laughing

No, we don't we should have traded him when he still had value, for a first, no one is gonna give us that now, dude is nothing special.

First when has being nothing special been a deterrent to this team when it comes to signing players?  This team made Brandon Linder the highest paid center in NFL history and he can't claim a pro bowl or a complete season.  Ngakoue can claim both yet does not have a deal.

Second is logical consistency too much to ask?  If he's nothing special, how was he going to command a first round pick in trade last year?  If he is Young and has been mostly productive. and has had no serious injury, how much will his value change?

Furthermore Von Miller went the first four weeks without having any injury and without notching a sack.  Ngakoue can at least argue he has had a hamstring issue.

Finally, Von Miller is thirty years old.  Ngakoue is 24.  Letting Yannick go while spending draft capital to acquire a thirty year old and declining player makes zero sense.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!