Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should the current Front office regime be removed if missing the playoffs again?
Yes! Time fo get them out of there
No! Just bad luck XXXXinsert whatever excuse hereXXXX
[Show Results]

If the team misses the post season again is it rebuild time?

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 05:43 PM by snowwolf776.)

forget about the playoffs,we need to beat the bengals. loseing to 0-6 bengals isn't a good idea. Jags need to win the bengals game.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-17-2019, 06:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 06:05 PM)KABD Wrote: What could we realistically get for Calais Campbell this off-season,  a 3rd?  He's still elite but will be 34 next season.

Would you guys be willing to take a draft pick like that and clear some cap space , or just keep him until his contract is up?

We'll knock $20 million off the 2020 cap just by cutting Dareus and an addition $5.5 million by cutting Andrew Norwell. Calais would free up an additional $15 million, but I'd hate losing his leadership in the locker room. I'm still hoping he gets things together and finishes the season strong, but the decline from last year to this season has been noticeable. If he ends the season under 8 sacks, I might be willing to part with him, especially since by just getting rid of those 3 guys, we could save $40 million. That still leaves us with Allen, Ngakoue and Smoot. That's a pretty good trio of edge rushers. We could use the savings to re-sign Ngakoue and maybe add some free agents like FS Devin McCourty, NT Jordan Phillips and TE Austin Hooper.

Also don't forget about the $17millon we are paying bortles this year is off the books next year.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-17-2019, 10:41 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 06:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We'll knock $20 million off the 2020 cap just by cutting Dareus and an addition $5.5 million by cutting Andrew Norwell. Calais would free up an additional $15 million, but I'd hate losing his leadership in the locker room. I'm still hoping he gets things together and finishes the season strong, but the decline from last year to this season has been noticeable. If he ends the season under 8 sacks, I might be willing to part with him, especially since by just getting rid of those 3 guys, we could save $40 million. That still leaves us with Allen, Ngakoue and Smoot. That's a pretty good trio of edge rushers. We could use the savings to re-sign Ngakoue and maybe add some free agents like FS Devin McCourty, NT Jordan Phillips and TE Austin Hooper.

Also don't forget about the $17millon we are paying bortles this year is off the books next year.

I agree with snow wolf. One week at a time. The next three weeks will tell us more than the first 6 in my mind. Every great story needs some adversity, which the Saints provided. Now onto the comeback. Believe in the Stache!

(10-17-2019, 07:17 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: forget about the playoffs,we need to beat the bengals. loseing to 0-6 bengals isn't a good idea. Jags nned to win the bengals game.

We gonna lose.   Dalton gonna play like Mahomes and Mixon gonna play like McCaffrey.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 12:15 PM by Mikey.)

(10-17-2019, 04:56 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: one game at a time,and this week jags have to beat the winless bengals.  if they lose to them it proves i was right about doug being a terrbille HC. Jags have to win this sunday. this is a must win game even if it is in [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Cincinnati[/color]

so if they win, it proves your theory was bunk?

(10-17-2019, 11:51 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 07:17 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: forget about the playoffs,we need to beat the bengals. loseing to 0-6 bengals isn't a good idea. Jags nned to win the bengals game.

We gonna lose.   Dalton gonna play like Mahomes and Mixon gonna play like McCaffrey.

If the team makes you this happy, why don't you follow golf instead? Why subject yourself to something that keeps you miserable?

(10-17-2019, 06:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 06:05 PM)KABD Wrote: What could we realistically get for Calais Campbell this off-season,  a 3rd?  He's still elite but will be 34 next season.

Would you guys be willing to take a draft pick like that and clear some cap space , or just keep him until his contract is up?

We'll knock $20 million off the 2020 cap just by cutting Dareus and an addition $5.5 million by cutting Andrew Norwell. Calais would free up an additional $15 million, but I'd hate losing his leadership in the locker room. I'm still hoping he gets things together and finishes the season strong, but the decline from last year to this season has been noticeable. If he ends the season under 8 sacks, I might be willing to part with him, especially since by just getting rid of those 3 guys, we could save $40 million. That still leaves us with Allen, Ngakoue and Smoot. That's a pretty good trio of edge rushers. We could use the savings to re-sign Ngakoue and maybe add some free agents like FS Devin McCourty, NT Jordan Phillips and TE Austin Hooper.

Someone's been playing some madden j/k.  Don't forget Lee's 5 million is off the books also.  so thats 45 mil and i am hoping we can get hooper and pick up a FS in FA.  It just sucks that we are still screaming for OL help after yelling about it for the past 2 drafts when dave just decided to do whatever he wants to call it.  We want to be a run first team and just gleam over OL in early rounds for whatever reason.  Same can be said for TE but whatevs.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Beyond a few players, this team is generally young. The need to rebuild, to tear apart the roster, is not necessary. Typical of most NFL teams, I would characterize their moves to be made as standard replacement, with a sprinkle of targeted upgrades.

(10-19-2019, 08:33 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 06:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We'll knock $20 million off the 2020 cap just by cutting Dareus and an addition $5.5 million by cutting Andrew Norwell. Calais would free up an additional $15 million, but I'd hate losing his leadership in the locker room. I'm still hoping he gets things together and finishes the season strong, but the decline from last year to this season has been noticeable. If he ends the season under 8 sacks, I might be willing to part with him, especially since by just getting rid of those 3 guys, we could save $40 million. That still leaves us with Allen, Ngakoue and Smoot. That's a pretty good trio of edge rushers. We could use the savings to re-sign Ngakoue and maybe add some free agents like FS Devin McCourty, NT Jordan Phillips and TE Austin Hooper.

Someone's been playing some madden j/k.  Don't forget Lee's 5 million is off the books also.  so thats 45 mil and i am hoping we can get hooper and pick up a FS in FA.  It just sucks that we are still screaming for OL help after yelling about it for the past 2 drafts when dave just decided to do whatever he wants to call it.  We want to be a run first team and just gleam over OL in early rounds for whatever reason.  Same can be said for TE but whatevs.

We've drafted 2 tackles early and a guard in the middle rounds in 3 years. Why do you fabricate such bull [BLEEP] in your posts?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-19-2019, 08:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-19-2019, 08:33 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Someone's been playing some madden j/k.  Don't forget Lee's 5 million is off the books also.  so thats 45 mil and i am hoping we can get hooper and pick up a FS in FA.  It just sucks that we are still screaming for OL help after yelling about it for the past 2 drafts when dave just decided to do whatever he wants to call it.  We want to be a run first team and just gleam over OL in early rounds for whatever reason.  Same can be said for TE but whatevs.

We've drafted 2 tackles early and a guard in the middle rounds in 3 years. Why do you fabricate such bull [BLEEP] in your posts?

Jawaan Taylor was a good choice who fell in our laps last year and Cam is meh(also fell into our laps).  I hope you arent talking about Richardson in the 3rd or 4th as solidifying the G position.  Stop trying to pull **** out of your *** to make you feel like your excuses make sense.
Season Tix, Section 409

(10-19-2019, 09:26 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(10-19-2019, 08:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We've drafted 2 tackles early and a guard in the middle rounds in 3 years. Why do you fabricate such bull [BLEEP] in your posts?

Jawaan Taylor was a good choice who fell in our laps last year and Cam is meh(also fell into our laps).  I hope you arent talking about Richardson in the 3rd or 4th as solidifying the G position.  Stop trying to pull **** out of your *** to make you feel like your excuses make sense.

The Jags traded up for both Taylor and Robinson.

One can complain about the choices made for the o-line if they wish.
(Norwalk, Robinson, Taylor, Richardson)

One cannot say it has been neglected without appearing a fool.

(10-19-2019, 09:44 AM)rufftime Wrote:
(10-19-2019, 09:26 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Jawaan Taylor was a good choice who fell in our laps last year and Cam is meh(also fell into our laps).  I hope you arent talking about Richardson in the 3rd or 4th as solidifying the G position.  Stop trying to pull **** out of your *** to make you feel like your excuses make sense.

The Jags traded up for both Taylor and Robinson.
in the 2nd round and they feel due to concerns.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they at least moved up a few spots to get both after they dropped.
(10-19-2019, 10:07 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: One can complain about the choices made for the o-line if they wish.

Norwell was a turning point but has failed to deliver and Richardson was a project at best.  He was brought in to replace parnell and when that failed then he moved to G/T and has been better than the other failure on the right side.  We have passed up on solid G and TE to improve run blocking and pass pro but as long as someone is chosen then we are trying i guess.  I'll give them an A for effort since that seems to be all thats needed to please some fans.  Dont take the highly touted non injured player, just pick someone.
Season Tix, Section 409

No because rebuilding means you have little to no talent. We have some talent but we're missing a few key pieces on the oline and the back five of the defense. I think Flip will continue to help the offense improve and I would at least like to see the rookie before talking about we need a TE. I still believe Dede will get back to form also. As for the front office. I don't hate them as much as most. I'm 46 though so maybe I just can't "relate". I've dealt with me types like Ramsey when I was in leadership positions in the military.They are the worst to try to manage in a team environment. Especially when they also feel entitled. They have received medals and trophies for everything they do so they don't understand or know how to recover from adversity.

(10-19-2019, 09:26 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(10-19-2019, 08:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We've drafted 2 tackles early and a guard in the middle rounds in 3 years. Why do you fabricate such bull [BLEEP] in your posts?

Look, you said they haven't addressed it. I said they spent 2 2s and a 4 on it, not even mentioning the free agent signing of Norwell. You are wrong. That you continue to insist that you aren't just makes you a moron.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-19-2019, 10:07 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: One can complain about the choices made for the o-line if they wish.

That's only like half of the attempts Dave has made too. Top pick on Joeckel, day 2 pick on Cann, and significant FA $$$ on Parnell and Beadles.

The state of our OL is pretty shocking considering the enormous amount of resources put into it to be honest.

What some people fail to realize is that there is not a huge difference between the best and worst NFL teams.  Just because a team doesn't reach the postseason is not a reason for a "rebuild".  Upgrade players/positions? Sure.  Remember, only 1/3rd of teams in the league play in the post season.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-19-2019, 03:01 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: What some people fail to realize is that there is not a huge difference between the best and worst NFL teams.  Just because a team doesn't reach the postseason is not a reason for a "rebuild".  Upgrade players/positions? Sure.  Remember, only 1/3rd of teams in the league play in the post season.

And frequently not the same ones from year to year either.

We do not need to think about a rebuild. We have a Super Bowl MVP QB who has not even had a chance to show his full potential. Minshew has done an excellent job keeping the offense oiled and tuned. This week he will get a chance to show his resilience and ability to rally those around him. Foles and Minshew are tight and both have team mentality/integrity and will do what is best for the team moving forward.

Do we miss the post season at 9-7 or 8-8 after our big FA QB went down week 1? I won’t be calling for heads.

Do we miss it at 6-10 with losses to bad teams like the Bengals? Sure, I can get behind a regime change.

Are there GM candidates people are excited about?

(10-19-2019, 08:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-19-2019, 08:33 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Someone's been playing some madden j/k.  Don't forget Lee's 5 million is off the books also.  so thats 45 mil and i am hoping we can get hooper and pick up a FS in FA.  It just sucks that we are still screaming for OL help after yelling about it for the past 2 drafts when dave just decided to do whatever he wants to call it.  We want to be a run first team and just gleam over OL in early rounds for whatever reason.  Same can be said for TE but whatevs.

OT's especially LT, are the most important pieces of any team IMO. If you can't open running lanes and protect the QB, your offense is going nowhere. I believe you MUST find the best of the best, when it comes to OT's. That means using 1st round picks on them. Just look at the NFL. There are 32 teams in the NFL and barely half of them have adequate starting OT's. When you use 2nd rounders on OT's, you are drafting guys who 32 other teams thought weren't good enough to be their OT, even though starting OT's and QB's are the rarest of the rare to find. IMO, that is kind of ignoring the position. Remember who the Jags first draft pick in history was? It was LT Tony Boselli and he was drafted #2 overall. He turned out to be our best draft pick in franchise history. When he was here, we were consistent playoff contenders. We need to get back to that ideology and stop believing we can just draft so-so OT's in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.