Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Could the Jags trade Foles to KC?

Big if but if Mahomes injury is season ending, they would definitely be looking for a QB. They have a lead in the division and they know Matt Moore is trash. Think they would trade for Foles he was drafted by Reid and played for him in 2016. Jags could pay half of his guaranteed money for next year. Thoughts

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That's a lot of money for a 10 game rental.

Lol

(10-18-2019, 12:34 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: That's a lot of money for a 10 game rental.

Not if they pay half of next year. And if KC really thinks they have a shot

No.

KC will replace their injured QB by trading for our injured QB?
No.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-18-2019, 12:29 AM)BamboozledAgain Wrote: Big if but if Mahomes injury is season ending, they would definitely be looking for a QB. They have a lead in the division and they know Matt Moore is trash. Think they would trade for Foles he was drafted by Reid and played for him in 2016. Jags could pay half of his guaranteed money for next year. Thoughts

Not a good idea at this point.  Minshew looks good, but we need to see more of what he can do when teams change the game plan to stop him.  

When we hired Foles, we finally had a good QB after years of bad QBs.   Let's hang on to him at least to the end of the year.  I would want to be a lot more certain about Minshew.

I would make that trade.

(10-18-2019, 06:41 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: I would make that trade.

That's why I'm glad the fans aren't running the team.  We finally manage to acquire a competent QB (Foles) and 6 games into the season, you would trade him away on the assumption that a rookie 6th round draft pick is going to be as good.  

And if Minshew flat lines, we've blown up the QB position again.  

I like Minshew, I think he might be good.  But I'm not ready to trade away Nick Foles on that maybe.

(10-18-2019, 06:46 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

That's why I'm glad the fans aren't running the team.  We finally manage to acquire a competent QB (Foles) and 6 games into the season, you would trade him away on the assumption that a rookie 6th round draft pick is going to be as good.  

I like Minshew, I think he might be good.  But I'm not ready to trade away Nick Foles on that maybe.

Exactly. And if Minshew does turn out to be the second coming of Drew Brees, they can always try to trade Foles away after this season. Lots of things can change in a year.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-18-2019, 06:46 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Well Said on all points.

NH3...
"AZANE"

But of course you would.

It's not time to trade Foles.

And unless Minshew gets fully healthy and lights the world on fire before this season is up, then 2021 will make more sense for a Foles trade.

Besides, Andy Reid is going to make Matt Moore look like a 2011 Mark Sanchez. Not great, but good enough to win with.

If cap space is the goal, then there are other avenues to create it.

Silly talk.

Looks like Mahomes is out only a few weeks.

I doubt they're desperate to trade for a QB. They're gonna stick with Moore I'm sure.

(10-18-2019, 09:04 AM)Nikowho Wrote: Looks like Mahomes is out only a few weeks.

I doubt they're desperate to trade for a QB. They're gonna stick with Moore I'm sure.

It also helps that the AFC West absolutely sucks.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-18-2019, 09:08 AM)Rico Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 09:04 AM)Nikowho Wrote: Looks like Mahomes is out only a few weeks.

It also helps that the AFC West absolutely sucks.

Oh it absolutely does.....

(10-18-2019, 08:04 AM)TJBender Wrote:

But of course you would.

Yup, don't need him and don't need gimmick mustache show.  Got 4 #1's  to get a real QB and start from scratch with a new regime.

(10-18-2019, 12:34 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: That's a lot of money for a 10 game rental.
It's not even a 10 game rental since he can't come back until week 11.

Kap says he's still ready too

lulz