Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Could the Jags trade Foles to KC?

Back to KC? Nope. I doubt he is traded. I would say Tampa Bay would be a location to keep an eye out on IF something crazy like that happens.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-18-2019, 09:48 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 09:04 AM)Nikowho Wrote: Looks like Mahomes is out only a few weeks.

I doubt they're desperate to trade for a QB. They're gonna stick with Moore I'm sure.

Kap says he's still ready too

lulz

Cue that narrative up now: "Kap has been training ever since the 2016 offseason.....he has better career numbers than Matt Moore.....he's younger.....etc....etc...etc...the league is colluding to keep him out."

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Can’t trade or release an injured player.

I mean, lets say we lose to the Bengals and our season is over, why not? Foles is a better QB than what we had in the last years, but he is not a Top 10 guy. More like 15+ range QB that we dont need to hold on to for the sake of it. We have loads of money tied into him but if we wanna rebuild, why not trade him there?
Even if Minshew doesnt play particularly well, we wouldnt need Foles to rebuild. Now If we win, maybe you hope that we can stay competitive and you can keep Foles. But if the return is good and the season is over, why not.

Welp....guess it sounds good if you say it real fast .....
but nope,nope, nope

Wait until season ends and what ever the "Big 'Stache" decides to do.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 01:35 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

(10-18-2019, 11:04 AM)NCJag Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 09:48 AM)Kane Wrote: Kap says he's still ready too

lulz

Cue that narrative up now: "Kap has been training ever since the 2016 offseason.....he has better career numbers than Matt Moore.....he's younger.....etc....etc...etc...the league is colluding to keep him out."

I wish some team would sign up and play him. Then, he'd get destroyed and that narrative would go away quickly. The truth is he hasn't really wanted to play in a while, but he gets corporate sponsorship by pretending he does.

(10-18-2019, 12:09 PM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: I mean, lets say we lose to the Bengals and our season is over, why not? Foles is a better QB than what we had in the last years, but he is not a Top 10 guy. More like 15+ range QB that we dont need to hold on to for the sake of it. We have loads of money tied into him but if we wanna rebuild, why not trade him there?
Even if Minshew doesnt play particularly well, we wouldnt need Foles to rebuild. Now If we win, maybe you hope that we can stay competitive and you can keep Foles. But if the return is good and the season is over, why not.

I agree. He's not who you rebuild around. Get a 2nd out of him at peak value. See what we have in Minshew the rest of the year.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(10-18-2019, 09:20 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 08:04 AM)TJBender Wrote: But of course you would.

Yup, don't need him and don't need gimmick mustache show.  Got 4 #1's  to get a real QB and start from scratch with a new regime.

Aren't you just so edgy!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Honestly this team is pretty talented at the moment and it doesn’t feel like we are about to blow it up and move toward youth. They have already piled up a lot of extra picks in the next two drafts.

Why don’t we just keep the decent QB option in case the young promising QB implodes?

All of a sudden news comes out Foles is to start practicing. Sounds like Jaguars trying to tell KC, we have a qb, come make a trade offer.

(10-19-2019, 02:46 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: All of a sudden news comes out Foles is to start practicing. Sounds like Jaguars trying to tell KC, we have a qb, come make a trade offer.

I don't see it considering the Mahomes injury is only expected to last about three weeks. 
'02

(10-19-2019, 02:46 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: All of a sudden news comes out Foles is to start practicing. Sounds like Jaguars trying to tell KC, we have a qb, come make a trade offer.

Maybe it sounds like that if you wear a tinfoil hat and live in a doomsday bunker gathering your NFL news via shortwave radio.

(10-19-2019, 07:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Maybe it sounds like that if you wear a tinfoil hat and live in a doomsday bunker gathering your NFL news via shortwave radio.

My smile turned into a chuckle upon reading the shortwave radio part.

No one wants Foles besides the Jags.  We knew that in FA when we signed him and we definitely know that now since he got hurt within the first 10 minutes of a start with a new team.  Unless he lights it up when back under center he might as well finish the retirement speech he already started while in philly.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Read carefully.  He is not allowed to play until November 17.

You really not much of a thinker, are you?

Either that, or you’re a straight up troll.  

Which is it?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(10-20-2019, 09:42 AM)FBT Wrote:

You really not much of a thinker, are you?

Either that, or you’re a straight up troll.  

Which is it?

Both?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2019, 11:13 AM by ferocious.)

(10-19-2019, 07:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Will the tinfoil hat conduct the radio signal, or do I have to rely on my fillings.....?

Keep Foles.
Start Minshew.
Reassess after the season is complete.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."        --Plato

(10-18-2019, 11:04 AM)NCJag Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 09:48 AM)Kane Wrote: Kap says he's still ready too

lulz

Whoever says Kap should play in the NFL again should be banned from everything.

I don’t see why, Minshew hasn’t played enough games to show us that he can keep it up. Might be wise to keep the vet around just in case he doesn’t work out.