Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Grant Delpit, S, LSU

With a bevy of draft capital in the upcoming 2020 NFL Draft, I truly hope that we are able to select Delpit with one of our 1st round picks...

He's a game-changing type of safety with incredible range, instincts, and athleticism. He reminds me a lot like Earl Thomas.

Jarrod Wilson has been decent/serviceable, but I can only imagine a defensive backfield combo of Harrison + Delpit and what they could do.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hes a beast. Had a great game against Florida. I dont think he is better than Jamal Adams though

Hes more Derwin James/Adams than Earl but that's still an amazing player.

(10-21-2019, 09:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hes a beast.  Had a great game against Florida.  I dont think he is better than Jamal Adams though

I think Adams is strictly more of a in-the-box safety whereas Delpit is way more versatile where he can play close to the LOS or thrive playing in a single-high set as the deep safety.

His range and ball skills are remarkable, seriously reminiscent of Earl Thomas.

I think he needs to add some weight. He flies around the field sometimes and hurts his own self laying the wood. He needs to add that weight especially if he wants to play the same way at the next level. I would love to add him to our D though. Was talking with my buddy a few weeks ago thats a Jags fan during the Florida game and said I hope the Jags drafted him

While, I would rather focus on fixing other areas, I love Delpit. I definitely believe he is one of the top 5-8 players in college football. I doubt he'd be on the board when we pick.

Derrick Brown is my top guy right now for us but he will most likely be gone when we pick. Dude is a beast and would of been a first round pick last year.

Allen-Brown-Bryan-Yan would be the best dline in the league for many of years

(10-21-2019, 10:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Derrick Brown is my top guy right now for us but he will most likely be gone when we pick.  Dude is a beast and would of been a first round pick last year.

Allen-Brown-Bryan-Yan  would be the best dline in the league for many of years

He would be an IDEAL replacement for Dareus. Brown is definitely a top 5 player IMO. Like you said though, he'll probably be gone.

What is everyone's thoughts on McKinney out of Alabama?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-22-2019, 09:06 AM)Caldrac Wrote: What is everyone's thoughts on McKinney out of Alabama?

I like him, just not nearly as much as I like Delpit. I'm not sure I would spend a first rounder on him, but if he'd be there in round 2, I'd be tempted.

(10-22-2019, 09:06 AM)Caldrac Wrote: What is everyone's thoughts on McKinney out of Alabama?

I think Delpit is on a league above other prospective safeties currently.

McKinney is good, don't get me wrong, but I think he will get drafted between rounds 2-3. He's also a Jim Thorpe finalist I believe.

Top ten pick...book it
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(10-22-2019, 05:47 PM)enigma Wrote:

I think Delpit is on a league above other prospective safeties currently.

McKinney is good, don't get me wrong, but I think he will get drafted between rounds 2-3. He's also a Jim Thorpe finalist I believe.

I think he goes at the end of round 1.

Bumping this for the coming showdown between LSU and Clemson.

My thoughts about Delpit haven't changed - and the fact that our pick is now #9, Delpit could possibly be at play.

I just hope he doesn't get picked right before the 9th pick because I don't think he will make it by the 20th pick.

Center field safety looks real nice to me. I think he is still worth a top ten pick
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.