Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade deadline thead

Sanu to the Pat's for a 2nd

Now, Emanuel Sanders and a 5th to SF for a 3rd and 4th.

Seems like high picks for both guys imo.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sanders trade surprises me. I thought SF was high on their up and coming WR's.

Qaundre Diggs and a 7th to Seattle for a 5th

[BLEEP] is Detroit thinking

According to CBS Sports, this is the deal we should make........

Demaryius Thomas to the Jaguars

It's been a rough 2019 for Thomas, who was excited to join the Patriots this year before ultimately being traded away to the New York Jets after Bill Belichick mistakenly believed Antonio Brown had his act together. Things haven't fared well for him in New York, but maybe the answer is to remove the pressure of him being a top-2 target. The Jaguars would love to have him in the mix as they attempt to chase the Colts and Houston Texans in the AFC South, and the fact D.J. Chark is having a breakout season means Thomas won't have to carry the wide receiver corps. If anything, he'd add immediate depth and veteran savvy to the room and could be an impact rotational piece alongside Dede Westbrook and Chris Conley. Injuries have been an issue for Marqise Lee, and that only serves to make any interest in Thomas more justifiable. At this point, a late-round pick could make this deal happen, but also give Gardner Minshew, and Nick Foles (?), another weapon as they mount their rally in the second half of the season for either the division crown or an AFC Wild Card slot.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-...VGDpYlAfq0
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(10-22-2019, 05:56 PM)The Drifter Wrote: According to CBS Sports, this is the deal we should make........

It's been a rough 2019 for Thomas, who was excited to join the Patriots this year before ultimately being traded away to the New York Jets after Bill Belichick mistakenly believed Antonio Brown had his act together. Things haven't fared well for him in New York, but maybe the answer is to remove the pressure of him being a top-2 target. The Jaguars would love to have him in the mix as they attempt to chase the Colts and Houston Texans in the AFC South, and the fact D.J. Chark is having a breakout season means Thomas won't have to carry the wide receiver corps. If anything, he'd add immediate depth and veteran savvy to the room and could be an impact rotational piece alongside Dede Westbrook and Chris Conley. Injuries have been an issue for Marqise Lee, and that only serves to make any interest in Thomas more justifiable. At this point, a late-round pick could make this deal happen, but also give Gardner Minshew, and Nick Foles (?), another weapon as they mount their rally in the second half of the season for either the division crown or an AFC Wild Card slot.

LOLOL I stopped reading after "Demaryius Thomas to the Jaguars"

(10-22-2019, 05:56 PM)The Drifter Wrote: According to CBS Sports, this is the deal we should make........

No thanks.

I gotta go thumbs down on Thomas, too. A 32 YO WR coming off an achilles injury is a bad bet. Belichick, pretty desperate for WR help even with AB on board, ditched Thomas to the Jets for a 6th. IF Thomas was of ANY use, Belichick would have found a way to stash him and second...he would never have traded him to the Jets or even in the division (well, maybe Miami).
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

I’d trade a high pick for Trent Williams, since we were able to pick up one for this year and one for next year.

I wonder if the Skins would part ways with Dunbar? I doubt it but I would give up one of our 1st for him

Leonard Williams kind of appeals if the price is right.

(10-22-2019, 05:29 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: Qaundre Diggs and a 7th to Seattle for a 5th

[BLEEP] is Detroit thinking

That one I don't understand.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2019, 09:39 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-22-2019, 06:01 PM)Brett Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 05:56 PM)The Drifter Wrote: According to CBS Sports, this is the deal we should make........

LOLOL I stopped reading after "Demaryius Thomas to the Jaguars"

Agreed. WR is not our problem.

(10-22-2019, 08:21 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I’d trade a high pick for Trent Williams, since we were able to pick up one for this year and one for next year.

The problem is that Washington has reportedly received all kinds of high offers for him and they are refusing to deal him so far. Both Williams and Washington seem "dug in."

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2019, 09:53 PM by knarnn.)

It’s JLC so take it with a grain of salt but:

https://twitter.com/jasonlacanfora/statu...52609?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-24-2019, 09:52 PM)knarnn Wrote: It’s JLC so take it with a grain of salt but:

https://twitter.com/jasonlacanfora/statu...52609?s=21

What is the deal with these so-called "experts" thinking we need a WR? We're fine at WR. We need help on O-Line and TE. If we trade for anyone it should be either an O-Lineman or a TE.

For sure, I think if we make a trade, it should be for a TE.

I would see if the Bengals are willing to deal Tyler Eifert or Carlos Dunlap.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-25-2019, 09:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I would see if the Bengals are willing to deal Tyler Eifert or Carlos Dunlap.

Why Carlos Dunlap?  I don't see the need there.

(10-25-2019, 09:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 09:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I would see if the Bengals are willing to deal Tyler Eifert or Carlos Dunlap.

Why Carlos Dunlap?  I don't see the need there.

They are going to play Calais at 3 tech more and Dunlap would be good at the end spot. He's 30, cap hit is around 10 million, and the Bengals would probably take offers for him. Another pass rushing defensive end is never a bad thing. He's about 20 lbs lighter than Campbell, so he probably wouldn't drop inside as much, but other than that their style is pretty similar.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I wouldn't give up too much for Eifert at all, no more than a 4th rounder. He has a crazy history of season ending injuries. I wouldn't trust him to last an entire season. The guy has a good skill set, but he's just not durable. As for Dunlap, he's pretty good, but inconsistent and not a need for us at this time. It would take a bigger deal to get him, (at least a 2nd rounder) and I want to save the higher picks for positions we actually need to address (O-Line, TE, CB, NT, LB, S.)

(10-25-2019, 03:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I wouldn't give up too much for Eifert at all, no more than a 4th rounder. He has a crazy history of season ending injuries. I wouldn't trust him to last an entire season. The guy has a good skill set, but he's just not durable. As for Dunlap, he's pretty good, but inconsistent and not a need for us at this time. It would take a bigger deal to get him, (at least a 2nd rounder) and I want to save the higher picks for positions we actually need to address (O-Line, TE, CB, NT, LB, S.)

The trade for a tight end is to fill the gap, OJ Howard would be my choice if we were going after a permanent starter.