Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
William Taylor's Opening Statement

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 07:51 PM by ferocious.)

William Taylor, the acting U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine, testified today before the House Intelligence Committee,
despite State Department objections.

I present a link to the ambassador's opening statement, without any further comment.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/...ement.html

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."        --Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We already have a thread about impeachment. Please, use common sense when starting new threads.

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 11:19 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(10-22-2019, 07:47 PM)ferocious Wrote: William Taylor, the acting U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine, testified today before the House Intelligence Committee,

I present a link to the ambassador's opening statement, without any further comment.

I can hear your mouth breathing all the way over here. I can sense your excitement. Wipe that drool off your chin.

Nothing to see here.

"We got him now!"

(10-22-2019, 07:47 PM)ferocious Wrote: William Taylor, the acting U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine, testified today before the House Intelligence Committee,

It's pretty damning, but I wouldn't call it devastating unless Trump's supporters get their heads out of the sand and realize what kind of person they are supporting.  That's the only way you would ever see 20 Republican Senators decide to convict him.  

I'm not real hopeful about that.

(10-23-2019, 07:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/media/kevin-mcca...y-argument

I read that, but there are no details.  Just a general statement that William Taylor's statement was destroyed under questioning.  But he won't say how it was destroyed, or anything else.  He just says, "Oh, we're not allowed to talk about it."

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019, 08:06 AM by homebiscuit.)

(10-23-2019, 07:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 07:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/media/kevin-mcca...y-argument

I read that, but there are no details.  Just a general statement that William Taylor's statement was destroyed under questioning.  But he won't say how it was destroyed, or anything else.  He just says, "Oh, we're not allowed to talk about it."

Because those are the rules set by Adam Schiff. The Democrats aren’t giving any details either, yet you don’t question their assertions.

Exactly. The Republicans are pretty unanimous in asking that the transcripts ge released.

What we do know of the testimony is that it is all second and third hand "I heard this I was told this I understood this to mean" jargon woven into a narrative. No witness has alleged that the UKRAINIANS knew that aid was even being withheld. Couple that with the fact that the alleged target of the ectortive act denies any pressure was applied and America should be doing a collective spell check on "exculpatory"

But you have the Marty ferocious gabe "orange man bad" faction that are rationalizing their hatred not rationally examining the facts

2018-2019 the former prosecutor meets with Giuliani as part of his defense of the president.

March 2019 john Solomon breaks the story
UKRAIN STARTS INVESTIGATING BARISMA

June july 2019 aid to ukraine authorized paused over concerns of corruption new president elected.

July 25th phone call. Transcript publicly available. Not one mention of the hold on aid.

Late August 2019 the UKRAINIANS FIND OUT ABOUT TH HE HOLD ON AID.

September 12th 2019 aid released without reciprocal action by the ukrainians.

In order to prove an ectortive act you literally have to have a time machine to warp zellendky from late august to late june.

Tsulors testimony is about pearl clutching and water cooler talk, nothing more.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019, 09:19 AM by The Real Marty.)

(10-23-2019, 08:03 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 07:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I read that, but there are no details.  Just a general statement that William Taylor's statement was destroyed under questioning.  But he won't say how it was destroyed, or anything else.  He just says, "Oh, we're not allowed to talk about it."

Because those are the rules set by Adam Schiff. The Democrats aren’t giving any details either, yet you don’t question their assertions.

The Democrats are giving out all kinds of details.  They're all over the news!  You can't tell me the Republicans are too afraid of Schiff to leak anything.

I'm sure if this impeachment effort goes forward, all the evidence will have to be made public and they will have to call witnesses for questioning and cross-examination.  Then McCarthy can show us how "William Taylor's testimony was destroyed in 90 seconds."

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019, 10:57 AM by homebiscuit.)

(10-23-2019, 09:08 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 08:03 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Because those are the rules set by Adam Schiff. The Democrats aren’t giving any details either, yet you don’t question their assertions.

The Democrats are giving out all kinds of details.  They're all over the news!  You can't tell me the Republicans are too afraid of Schiff to leak anything.

I'm sure if this impeachment effort goes forward, all the evidence will have to be made public and they will have to call witnesses for questioning and cross-examination.  Then McCarthy can show us how "William Taylor's testimony was destroyed in 90 seconds."

They are? What, specifically, besides opinion and invective? Such as, ‘This is disturbing testimony.’ What specific dates, times, direct quotes, that aren’t 2nd person and beyond, have they provided which proves their case?

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."        --Plato

(10-23-2019, 11:00 AM)ferocious Wrote: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/...ement.html

The same testimony that is being challenged. Repeating yourself doesn’t prove your argument.

It is Sondland that is being viewed as having perjured himself, not William Taylor.
As Marty stated, at the appropriate time, witnesses will be called for public testimony and cross examination.

(10-23-2019, 11:15 AM)ferocious Wrote: It is Sondland that is being viewed as having perjured himself, not William Taylor.
As Marty stated, at the appropriate time, witnesses will be called for public testimony and cross examination.

Why not now? Why wait?

(10-23-2019, 11:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 11:15 AM)ferocious Wrote: It is Sondland that is being viewed as having perjured himself, not William Taylor.

Why not now? Why wait?

Because the Dems know they won't win on the facts, so they have to obfuscate their case by dragging this out so they can cloud the issue as long as possible in the hopes that people will eventually accept their Big Lie.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The more first hand witnesses to the events that are interviewed, the more information that is coming to light.
Although both sides hope for this to be relatively swift, it is important that we gather all the facts.

(10-23-2019, 11:23 AM)ferocious Wrote: The more first hand witnesses to the events that are interviewed, the more information that is coming to light.
Although both sides hope for this to be relatively swift, it is important that we gather all the facts.

That seems to be the issue. The dems can’t find anyone who isn’t citing other people as testimony.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019, 11:45 AM by Gabe.)

(10-23-2019, 11:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 11:23 AM)ferocious Wrote: The more first hand witnesses to the events that are interviewed, the more information that is coming to light.

That seems to be the issue. The dems can’t find anyone who isn’t citing other people as testimony.

I don't think that's the issue - they know who those people are. The WH/Dept of State is attempting to block those with first-hand testimony from testifying. Taylor voluntarily submitted to subpoena, despite Pompeo. 

The block is due to fear of, I guess, deep state conspiracy.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

Wait, there's first hand witnesses? Prove it, all you have at the moment is hearsay and speculation.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019, 12:00 PM by ferocious.)

Trump has said it himself. The witnesses are corroborating, clarifying, and providing additional details.
Many of those testifying are first hand witnesses to what transpired. William Taylor is a first hand witness.
That is why I specifically worded my post the way I did.

If you would read Mr. Taylor's opening statement, it clearly indicates that Trump directly ordered that not only would there be no White House meeting, but that aid to Ukraine would also be withheld until the president of Ukraine publicly declared that they were investigating the Bidens. The president of Ukraine was scheduled to appear on CNN in order to make the statement.