Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tre Herndon

I’m surprised he doesn’t have his own thread yet...unless I missed it?

Anyhoo, I figured this would be a good place to comment on his weekly performances. Let’s just be honest - He doesn’t have to be Ramsey. We just need him to show continued improvement and to not get beat badly to the point where we’re having to shift additional help to his side all game long. 

He’s been targeted a lot. And rightfully so. But believe it or not he’s been holding his own:

https://twitter.com/pff/status/1187093091091697664?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

+1

Thanks for adding the topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

The eye test showed that he was playing pretty well for the most part. Hopefully he can keep improving and being a solid CB. One less major need we would need to fill, and gives us a little flexibility in the draft.

I saw flashes in the Bronco game and when I brought it up quite a few people said he flat out sucks. A lot of folks called for trading him away. I think he’s gonna develop in a fantastic way!

Nah cb will be addressed in fa or the draft next year. Herndon isnt hot garbage but he is not filet mignon either. He is servicible. My guess being we will try to improve the position.

Dude was thrown into the fire. A few burns are to be expected. IMO he has played fairly well given the circumstance.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

He’s big and physical but he runs well also. He led us in tackles against the saints and he comes and makes good solid tackles in run support. Let’s not write him off just because he was undrafted because so was bouye. Either way the cowboys likely let Byron Jones walk due to cap problems and cooper and dak needing paid. The money we woulda gave Ramsey could be used on him if need be.

He is a liability. He has improved, he may end up being a decent backup but we need to trade or FA. Watching him play, he is not good but he is not terrible. PFF stats make players seem better than they are.

He has been a pleasant surprise after mostly struggling in the Broncos game. I'm sure he will have some more bad moments, at which point most of the board will call him trash.

He is a young player who has been put into a starting role earlier than planned. He has shown many positives (along with some bad moments), and at the very least it appears he won't be a total liability.

Let's see him for an extended time before we rush to judge if he's the next Bouye or a total bust.

Thumbs Down 

Those percentages seem weird to me. So Herndon is nearly letting 50% of balls thrown end up being catches? 

Doesn’t that seem like a lot to anyone else? I think these are inflated because teams are picking on him, so he’s seeing an increase of targets being thrown his direction allowing for a bigger margin when calculating the stats. 

Anyway I’m glad he’s getting a little recognition. He’s done a valiant job so far. 

We’re gonna need to draft a CB however.

I still say we should find a stud CB in the draft, but Herndon has fared better than I expected him to. Given he is a rookie, I think he will develop into a much better player with experience. He may not be a starter in the long run, but I see him no less than a very valuable backup and just like D-Linemen, you can never have enough good CB's.

Those stats could include over thrown and under thrown balls as well. The stats are misleading. The eye test shows he's done decent considering he was undrafted. He can be kept as a backup when the new CB comes in next season. That is, unless, he vastly improves to be pegged a starter.

Herndon will be a good nickel for someone. His skill set isn’t as well suited to the outside, but he’s doing what he can there and it could definitely be worse.

(10-23-2019, 10:29 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Those percentages seem weird to me. So Herndon is nearly letting 50% of balls thrown end up being catches? 

Doesn’t that seem like a lot to anyone else? I think these are inflated because teams are picking on him, so he’s seeing an increase of targets being thrown his direction allowing for a bigger margin when calculating the stats. 

Anyway I’m glad he’s getting a little recognition. He’s done a valiant job so far. 

If your QB was completing 50% of his passes would you be happy?

(10-23-2019, 10:47 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 10:29 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Those percentages seem weird to me. So Herndon is nearly letting 50% of balls thrown end up being catches? 

If your QB was completing 50% of his passes would you be happy?

I wouldn’t be mad, but I wouldn’t be that happy either. 50% it’s still low for a comp.rate. 56-60 is where you want to be.

Gonna be funny if he ends up being better than Ramsey. Lol okay who am I kidding.. but would be nice to see him develop into a solid starter

(10-23-2019, 11:07 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 10:47 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: If your QB was completing 50% of his passes would you be happy?

I wouldn’t be mad, but I wouldn’t be that happy either. 50% it’s still low for a comp.rate. 56-60 is where you want to be.

Uhhhhhhh no. 65+ is where you wanna be.

(10-24-2019, 12:15 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 11:07 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I wouldn’t be mad, but I wouldn’t be that happy either. 50% it’s still low for a comp.rate. 56-60 is where you want to be.

Uhhhhhhh no. 65+ is where you wanna be.

I think 56% would be good in the 60s brother, lol. We are post 1978, post 2000s rule changes. If you aren't over 62% I'd say you have a below average/borderline bad comp. %

50% completion will likely send you into retirement if that is your average over your career these days. That is God awful.

(10-24-2019, 12:31 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 12:15 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Uhhhhhhh no. 65+ is where you wanna be.

I think 56% would be good in the 60s brother, lol. We are post 1978, post 2000s rule changes. If you aren't over 62% I'd say you have a below average/borderline bad comp. %

50% completion will likely send you into retirement if that is your average over your career these days. That is God awful.

To piggyback on this. Even Blake was over 60% the past couple years

(10-23-2019, 11:07 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 10:47 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: If your QB was completing 50% of his passes would you be happy?

56-60% is terrible.