Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tre Herndon

The Denver game is the only bad game he has had. This is only his 2nd year so if he keeps improving he might be the future where he is. It's funny how he isnt even half way through his 2nd season and people already know what his future holds. People probably said the same thing about Bouye half way through his 2nd season just because he was an UDFA. If Herndon was drafted in the early rounds people would be saying hes the future right now. I'm gonna let the season play out to predict where his future will be with this team

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-24-2019, 06:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Denver game is the only bad game he has had.  

He gave up two chunk plays to Will Fuller in Houston plus another slant and a DPI. 

Similar performance in Denver. He was beat by Sanders a few times and it was his quadrant in zone that Flacco picked on late in that game to tie the score. 

These were below average performances though I wouldn't call them "bad games" for a back up. Which is what he is. Will Fuller has been burning lots of DBs this year. So he did pretty good there. Looked a bit outmatched in Denver though.

Maybe he develops into more. I think he will get better. I'd be surprised if he's a long term starter on the outside though.

When the defensive play call is to run a zone, does he actually play a zone? Or does he free lance and start playing man? If he is playing the same defense as the rest of his teammates I'll consider that a step up.

(10-24-2019, 08:00 AM)rfc17 Wrote: When the defensive play call is to run a zone, does he actually play a zone?  Or does he free lance and start playing man?  If he is playing the same defense as the rest of his teammates I'll consider that a step up.

You know Ramsey did that like 4 times in one game in 2018 right?  It wasn't some ongoing issue. 
He was wrong to do it, and I'm glad the dude is gone, but let's not invent [BLEEP] to hate on that isn't real.

(10-24-2019, 08:00 AM)rfc17 Wrote: When the defensive play call is to run a zone, does he actually play a zone?  Or does he free lance and start playing man?  If he is playing the same defense as the rest of his teammates I'll consider that a step up.

Agreed, Ramsey did that a good bit.

(10-24-2019, 08:01 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: You know Ramsey did that like 4 times in one game in 2018 right?  It wasn't some ongoing issue. 
He was wrong to do it, and I'm glad the dude is gone, but let's not invent [BLEEP] to hate on that isn't real.

He did it against the Chiefs this year.  We dont actually know how many times he has done so but probably more than 4.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2019, 08:32 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-24-2019, 07:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 06:32 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Denver game is the only bad game he has had.  

He gave up two chunk plays to Will Fuller in Houston plus another slant and a DPI. 

Similar performance in Denver. He was beat by Sanders a few times and it was his quadrant in zone that Flacco picked on late in that game to tie the score. 

These were below average performances though I wouldn't call them "bad games" for a back up. Which is what he is. Will Fuller has been burning lots of DBs this year. So he did pretty good there.  Looked a bit outmatched in Denver though.

Maybe he develops into more. I think he will get better. I'd be surprised if he's a long term starter on the outside though.
Fuller had 40 total yards in that game.  Ramsey gave up almost that many to Adam Humphries alone the next week in Ten. on one play. I'm not even going to bring up the other passes in gave up in that game.  Ramsey gave up that many yards to Jones on one play this past week. If your the "best" you should be giving up all thos big plays. Funny how Herndon can give up a few plays and he has a below average game but Ramsey can give up TDs and more yardage but he plays great lol.  I brought up the Denver game saying that was a bad game for him.  Not to mention Ramsey is in his 4th year and Herndon is in his 2nd with little starting experience and looks to be getting better as the season goes along. Ramsey gave up a TD week 1 to KCs 2nd best WR. Bouye didnt give up a TD all year in 2017 lol

There's no need to downplay how good Ramsey was for the Jags. Dude is an elite corner (judging by the two first round picks the Jags landed) and he absolutely did the Jags dirty but we don't need to sit here and downplay how good he was when he was on the field for the Jags. You can be glad he's gone because the situation was awful and at the same time understand he was an important part to the defense. It's not hard to do.

Herndon is not a step up from Ramsey in any way shape or form. Let's see Herndon guard actual good receivers. He was torched by Sutton and Sanders.

A few things on Tre, in Denver on that TD it wasn't on him. He was the over the top zone. Williams was the under zone and he was out of position.

He has given up a few plays here and there but also made some very good ones too.

He has very little starting experience, but I expect him to get better, so far I have confidence in him until he shows he can't do the job.

(10-24-2019, 08:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 07:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: He gave up two chunk plays to Will Fuller in Houston plus another slant and a DPI. 

These were below average performances though I wouldn't call them "bad games" for a back up. Which is what he is. Will Fuller has been burning lots of DBs this year. So he did pretty good there.  Looked a bit outmatched in Denver though.

Fuller had 40 total yards in that game.  Ramsey gave up almost that many to Adam Humphries alone the next week in Ten. on one play. I'm not even going to bring up the other passes in gave up in that game.  Ramsey gave up that many yards to Jones on one play this past week.   If your the "best" you should be giving up all thos big plays.  Funny how Herndon can give up a few plays and he has a below average game but Ramsey can give up TDs and more yardage but he plays great lol.  I brought up the Denver game saying that was a bad game for him.  Not to mention Ramsey is in his 4th year and Herndon is in his 2nd with little starting experience and looks to be getting better as the season goes along.  Ramsey gave up a TD week 1 to KCs 2nd best WR. Bouye didnt give up a TD all year in 2017 lol

I followed up my comments on Herndon/Fuller saying he did pretty good in that game.  

You can continue to try to compare him to Jalen Ramsey if you wish, but it's not going to make you look very smart. 
There is a wide gap in their abilities. 

I like Herndon. In fact I might have been one of only two or three guys here in 2018 preseason calling for him to make the roster based on his preseason performance.  I'm simply trying to look at his performance thus far objectively. 
He's playing better than I expected, but I'm not going to ignore the first downs he's given up when he was clearly targeted by opposing quarterbacks. 

Until he stops being the focus of opposing QBs and coordinators on opening drives and critical downs - he's still got much to prove and room to improve. I'm rooting for him.  
He really did look more natural when he covered the nickel for Herndon last year than he does playing outside this year.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2019, 09:04 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-24-2019, 08:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 08:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Fuller had 40 total yards in that game.  Ramsey gave up almost that many to Adam Humphries alone the next week in Ten. on one play. I'm not even going to bring up the other passes in gave up in that game.  Ramsey gave up that many yards to Jones on one play this past week.   If your the "best" you should be giving up all thos big plays.  Funny how Herndon can give up a few plays and he has a below average game but Ramsey can give up TDs and more yardage but he plays great lol.  I brought up the Denver game saying that was a bad game for him.  Not to mention Ramsey is in his 4th year and Herndon is in his 2nd with little starting experience and looks to be getting better as the season goes along.  Ramsey gave up a TD week 1 to KCs 2nd best WR. Bouye didnt give up a TD all year in 2017 lol

I followed up my comments on Herndon/Fuller saying he did pretty good in that game.  

You can continue to try to compare him to Jalen Ramsey if you wish, but it's not going to make you look very smart. 

I like Herndon. In fact I might have been one of only two or three guys here in 2018 preseason calling for him to make the roster based on his preseason performance.  I'm simply trying to look at his performance thus far objectively. 
He's playing better than I expected, but I'm not going to ignore the first downs he's given up when he was clearly targeted by opposing quarterbacks. 

Until he stops being the focus of opposing QBs and coordinators on opening drives and critical downs - he's still got much to prove and room to improve. I'm rooting for him.  
He really did look more natural when he covered the nickel for Herndon last year than he does playing outside this year.

I'm not comparing Herndon to Ramsey.  I'm just pointing out facts that Ramsey gives up big plays as well and he isnt the shut down corner he was in 2017 until he shows it on the field.  Outside of the Den game Herndon has been pretty decent.   Hell, Barry Church was pretty damn good in 17 and Jackson was a Pro Bowler in 17 but hes not the same player either.  Outside of 2017 Ramsey hasnt been that great corner some think he is.  His pff score matches what his play on the field is and Baldy brought up the big plays on his resume as well.  Herndon is young with little starting experience but hasnt been a liability and he looks to be getting better.  Will he be the guy for us in the future?  Not sure but I'm gonna watch him the rest of the season to see what he can do just like I want to see what our rookie QB can do before I start predicting the future for these guys.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/jalen-ramsey/10639

Ramsey almost has his rating to average

(10-24-2019, 09:04 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 08:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I followed up my comments on Herndon/Fuller saying he did pretty good in that game.  

I'm not comparing Herndon to Ramsey.  I'm just pointing out facts that Ramsey gives up big plays as well and he isnt the shut down corner he was in 2017 until he shows it on the field. 

This thread is about Herndon. 
Not Ramsey.

(10-24-2019, 09:04 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 08:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I followed up my comments on Herndon/Fuller saying he did pretty good in that game.  

I'm not comparing Herndon to Ramsey.  I'm just pointing out facts that Ramsey gives up big plays as well and he isnt the shut down corner he was in 2017 until he shows it on the field.  Outside of the Den game Herndon has been pretty decent.   Hell, Barry Church was pretty damn good in 17 and Jackson was a Pro Bowler in 17 but hes not the same player either.  Outside of 2017 Ramsey hasnt been that great corner some think he is.  His pff score matches what his play on the field is and Baldy brought up the big plays on his resume as well.  Herndon is young with little starting experience but hasnt been a liability and he looks to be getting better.  Will he be the guy for us in the future?  Not sure but I'm gonna watch him the rest of the season to see what he can do just like I want to see what our rookie QB can do before I start predicting the future for these guys.

You can't compare the two because Ramsey is consistently matching up with the other teams best WRs. Of course he's going to get beat sometimes because he's guarding Julio (most gifted WR ever most likely), Hopkins, Green, Hilton...

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2019, 09:26 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-24-2019, 09:15 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 09:04 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm not comparing Herndon to Ramsey.  I'm just pointing out facts that Ramsey gives up big plays as well and he isnt the shut down corner he was in 2017 until he shows it on the field.  Outside of the Den game Herndon has been pretty decent.   Hell, Barry Church was pretty damn good in 17 and Jackson was a Pro Bowler in 17 but hes not the same player either.  Outside of 2017 Ramsey hasnt been that great corner some think he is.  His pff score matches what his play on the field is and Baldy brought up the big plays on his resume as well.  Herndon is young with little starting experience but hasnt been a liability and he looks to be getting better.  Will he be the guy for us in the future?  Not sure but I'm gonna watch him the rest of the season to see what he can do just like I want to see what our rookie QB can do before I start predicting the future for these guys.

You can't compare the two because Ramsey is consistently matching up with the other teams best WRs. Of course he's going to get beat sometimes because he's guarding Julio (most gifted WR ever most likely), Hopkins, Green, Hilton...

Humphries isnt Ten. best WR and Watkins isnt KCs best WR.  He gave up a TD to Hogan last year or the year before.  But if you are the best and talk the talk like he does and want 20 mil a year you need to be better than he is.  Like Revis a few years back, he was a shutdown corner, went against all the best WRs in the league that year l, Calvin Johnson, Moss, Steve Smith etc., he shut everyone of them out because he was a true shut down corner.

Back on topic, I'll let the season play out before I'm gonna say we need to replace Herndon. Let's see how he plays this week

(10-24-2019, 09:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 09:15 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: You can't compare the two because Ramsey is consistently matching up with the other teams best WRs. Of course he's going to get beat sometimes because he's guarding Julio (most gifted WR ever most likely), Hopkins, Green, Hilton...

Humphries isnt Ten. best WR and Watkins isnt KCs best WR.  He gave up a TD to Hogan last year or the year before.  But if you are the best and talk the talk like he does and want 20 mil a year you need to be better than he is.  Like Revis a few years back, he was a shutdown corner, went against all the best WRs in the league that year l, Calvin Johnson, Moss, Steve Smith etc., he shut everyone of them out because he was a true shut down corner.

Back on topic, I'll let the season play out before I'm gonna say we need to replace Herndon.  Let's see how he plays this week
You mean like the famous one handed grab Moss did on him. In a game where Moss lit him up? That Revis?

(10-24-2019, 01:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 11:07 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I wouldn’t be mad, but I wouldn’t be that happy either. 50% it’s still low for a comp.rate. 56-60 is where you want to be.

56-60% is terrible.

Naw, Tom Brady's career has been around 60%, its only this season hes hitting at 63%

(10-24-2019, 09:32 AM)MojoKing Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 01:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 56-60% is terrible.

Naw, Tom Brady's career has been around 60%, its only this season hes hitting at 63%
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...adTo00.htm

Say what?

(10-24-2019, 08:00 AM)rfc17 Wrote: When the defensive play call is to run a zone, does he actually play a zone? Or does he free lance and start playing man? If he is playing the same defense as the rest of his teammates I'll consider that a step up.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

He will have a pick this coming Sunday. TIAA Bank on it.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-23-2019, 10:29 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Those percentages seem weird to me. So Herndon is nearly letting 50% of balls thrown end up being catches? 

Doesn’t that seem like a lot to anyone else? I think these are inflated because teams are picking on him, so he’s seeing an increase of targets being thrown his direction allowing for a bigger margin when calculating the stats. 

Anyway I’m glad he’s getting a little recognition. He’s done a valiant job so far. 

We’re gonna need to draft a CB however.

Bouye is allowing ~59% with 22 of 37 targets completed. 

Of course these numbers do get skewed by zone play when the stat keepers don't take into account multiple receivers active in one player's zone of coverage.  Some of those completions have a DB "doing their job" only to have the coverage dissected by the OC/QB. 

Herndon's percentage allowed isn't concerning to me. I'm more focused on whether he begins to shore up his side when he's clearly being "picked on" at times. We've seen him targeted on critical third downs and opening scripted drives to the success of the offense. If he cuts down on allowing some of those moving forward, I'll feel a lot better about him holding it down there without being a noticeable drop-off.