Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tre Herndon

(10-24-2019, 09:32 AM)MojoKing Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 01:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 56-60% is terrible.

Naw, Tom Brady's career has been around 60%, its only this season hes hitting at 63%

Ugh! These are facts that are easy to check with a quick google search. Tom Brady has a career 64.1% completion rate. He had a high of 68.9% in 2007 and this season, he stands at 65.9%. These numbers are way off from what you are saying.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I mean, we've faced Flacco, Kyle Allen, Teddy, and Dalton sans Ramsey...

I feel more confident in out secondary than I do our OL. SO before we improve any of them we need to improve the OL
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(10-24-2019, 11:02 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: I feel more confident in out secondary than I do our OL. SO before we improve any of them we need to improve the OL

Amen.

(10-24-2019, 09:32 AM)MojoKing Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 01:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 56-60% is terrible.

Naw, Tom Brady's career has been around 60%, its only this season hes hitting at 63%

?

I'm starting to sense why these numbers aren't relating for you.

Kudos to Tre for a career day today...

Tre Herndon continues to get better every week. He made 2 nice plays on the INTs. I think he is fitting into this defense pretty well. They have had a string of good games.

It's really good to see the turnovers and sacks coming. The run D has been outstanding also.

Herndon had a career day today. Overall, I’ve been very impressed with his growth so far.

Amazing when the defense plays their assignments and hits their zones. It was good to see some of the coverage sacks again. I'm impressed that they plugged in some linebackers and played well across the defense. It is good that we played an inexperienced QB and that their game plan didn't exploit our linebackers as well.

That said heck of a day by Herndon.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-24-2019, 09:48 AM)Jagwired Wrote: He will have a pick this coming Sunday. TIAA Bank on it.

You called it.

I like his development so far.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2019, 12:35 AM by Eric1.)

(10-27-2019, 10:05 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Amazing when the defense plays their assignments and hits their zones.  It was good to see some of the coverage sacks again.  I'm impressed that they plugged in some linebackers and played well across the defense.  It is good that we played an inexperienced QB and that their game plan didn't exploit our linebackers as well.

This Defense hit their zones during two drives today and they let Darnold and company walk right down the field for easy TDs on both of them.

It's when they maned up and blitzed that they caused all kinds of problems for the Jet's Offense.

Why they didn't do it from start, to finish is the biggest question. Wash stays trying to be cute way too often.

Good on Herndon for taking advantage of some terrible decisions/throws by Darnold though. Gotta make those plays when they're given to you and he definitely did today.

(10-27-2019, 10:20 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 09:48 AM)Jagwired Wrote: He will have a pick this coming Sunday. TIAA Bank on it.

You called it.

Well technically he didn't have A pick, he had two. We must be politically correct.
No pain, no gain.

(10-23-2019, 10:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Herndon will be a good nickel for someone. His skill set isn’t as well suited to the outside, but he’s doing what he can there and it could definitely be worse.

Practically took the words right out of my mouth. I was thinking "he'll be a great nickel after we draft a starting CB" and then came across your comment.

I'd think we keep him for that reason, no? 

Either way, he's not doing too bad for now and played great today, but just kind of going by the eye test does seem to say he's a weak spot in the defense for me.

Jalen who?

(10-28-2019, 04:58 AM)JW Wrote: Jalen who?
Ramsey

You're welcome.

(10-28-2019, 09:02 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 04:58 AM)JW Wrote: Jalen who?
Ramsey

You're welcome.

Have you taken the Jalen posters down you have hanging in your room and above your bed?

(10-28-2019, 03:57 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 10:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Herndon will be a good nickel for someone. His skill set isn’t as well suited to the outside, but he’s doing what he can there and it could definitely be worse.

Practically took the words right out of my mouth. I was thinking "he'll be a great nickel after we draft a starting CB" and then came across your comment.

I'd think we keep him for that reason, no? 

Either way, he's not doing too bad for now and played great today, but just kind of going by the eye test does seem to say he's a weak spot in the defense for me.

I do think they keep him - and that nickel spot could be his in 2020 or 2021. 

DJ Hayden is still on the books next year fairly cheap for his level of play.  (6 million due - 4.4 mil savings if they release him)

I'd consider signing Herndon to a deal similar to what they gave Jarrod Wilson - maybe a little richer. 
 Let him be the #4 CB in 2020 or play the #2 if a draft pick isn't ready to start there right away. 
Technically they could let him play 2020 on his current cheap deal, and wait to extend him.  But if he plays this well the rest of the season - I'd not be surprised if they try to lock him up.

(10-28-2019, 12:34 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 10:05 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Amazing when the defense plays their assignments and hits their zones.  It was good to see some of the coverage sacks again.  I'm impressed that they plugged in some linebackers and played well across the defense.  It is good that we played an inexperienced QB and that their game plan didn't exploit our linebackers as well.

This Defense hit their zones during two drives today and they let Darnold and company walk right down the field for easy TDs on both of them.

It's when they maned up and blitzed that they caused all kinds of problems for the Jet's Offense.

Why they didn't do it from start, to finish is the biggest question. Wash stays trying to be cute way too often.

Good on Herndon for taking advantage of some terrible decisions/throws by Darnold though. Gotta make those plays when they're given to you and he definitely did today.

Because it makes the opposition's life so much easier if they know they will be facing the same type of coverage play after play. You need to change it up otherwise you're just simplifying things for the opposing OC and QB.

But yeah, lets knock Wash after his defense gets 8 sacks and 3 ints.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2019, 10:14 AM by TJBender.)

Guys, he was playing against someone who appears to be rapidly heading for Bortles territory, if not worse. Temper your enthusiasm. It was a great showing on Herndon's part--let's see him live up to it against Watson and Brissett.