Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tre Herndon

(10-28-2019, 10:09 AM)JagJohn Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 12:34 AM)Eric1 Wrote: This Defense hit their zones during two drives today and they let Darnold and company walk right down the field for easy TDs on both of them.

It's when they maned up and blitzed that they caused all kinds of problems for the Jet's Offense.

Why they didn't do it from start, to finish is the biggest question. Wash stays trying to be cute way too often.

Good on Herndon for taking advantage of some terrible decisions/throws by Darnold though. Gotta make those plays when they're given to you and he definitely did today.

Because it makes the opposition's life so much easier if they know they will be facing the same type of coverage play after play. You need to change it up otherwise you're just simplifying things for the opposing OC and QB.

But yeah, lets knock Wash after his defense gets 8 sacks and 3 ints.

A few notes here:
*The Jags gave up pass plays in both man and zone. 
*Both Herndon INTs came with the Jags sending 5 up front and pressuring Darnold. 
*Disparaging Wash after that performance is pretty silly
* That  ^ said, I still hate the bend but don't break approach late in games with a lead

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Seriously, if someone told you to name the easiest stretch of QBs a cornerback could possibly face, the ones Herndon has faced would be as close to the top as you could ask for. I don't think any of us has a clue how good or bad or how much growth he's really shown or anything with the lack of real tests he's been given so far.

(10-28-2019, 11:28 AM)Upper Wrote: Seriously, if someone told you to name the easiest stretch of QBs a cornerback could possibly face, the ones Herndon has faced would be as close to the top as you could ask for. I don't think any of us has a clue how good or bad or how much growth he's really shown or anything with the lack of real tests he's been given so far.

He did pretty well against Fuller and Watson and he'll have another crack at it next week. 
He gave up a few catches early and adjusted pretty well in that game. 
London will be a good barometer on Herndon's development.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2019, 11:54 AM by Mowerguy.)

I saw where a post on twitter said he had more picks yesterday than #20 did in his last 12 games.
I'll research it...Something to think about though.

edit - Well, I'll be they may just be right. Last year only 3 ....not sure what games.....and of course none this year.

#20 pick record

Picks are so demoralizing to an opponent....I hope Bouye and Herndon can keep it up.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-28-2019, 11:31 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 11:28 AM)Upper Wrote: Seriously, if someone told you to name the easiest stretch of QBs a cornerback could possibly face, the ones Herndon has faced would be as close to the top as you could ask for. I don't think any of us has a clue how good or bad or how much growth he's really shown or anything with the lack of real tests he's been given so far.

He did pretty well against Fuller and Watson and he'll have another crack at it next week. 
He gave up a few catches early and adjusted pretty well in that game. 
London will be a good barometer on Herndon's development.

Yep, real tests are incoming that's why I'm not rushing to pass judgement yet in either direction. Same with all this love Smoot has gotten lately. We've played total garbage olines too, we'll find out just how real Smoot's improvement has been soon enough too. Nothing wrong with having some patience.

Nor having a little optimism.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

The thing about what was said above, is good teams.should be bad teams. So far we have. Good teams need to stay competitive into the 4th with great teams again check. We are literally a play away in each of our losses from being 7-1. Our Dline is very good, they should feast on bad Olines. It's part of the sport. Next week if Watson holds the ball too long I expect the same reault.

(10-28-2019, 12:02 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Nor having a little optimism.

+1

I like Herndon, hes playing hard and did get 2 picks. My big worry with him is he does seem to struggle with 2nd moves. Hes solid in straight coverage or if he has time to recover but when a WR runs 7yds, he seems to be guessing at times if the WR is going to go in, out, deep, curl etc. But I'm so impressed with how he has also been dropped in the deep end, come in and replace on of the best CB's in the league, but hes held up well so far.

Tougher tests ahead.

I hope you guys realize he was undrafted in 2018 ...and we picked him up as a free agent.

Sometimes ....hungry dogs are the best dogs.

(10-28-2019, 12:02 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Nor having a little optimism.

LOL.

Him?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Defense and Herndon in particular will be tested in the next two games. Watson is a great QB. Has the ability to make any throw from really any position inside and outside of the pocket.

Brissett has been a solid technician this year so far as well. When he has time in the pocket he can make some solid throws.

Hopkins and Hilton have game breaking abilities. They just have to get after the QB. And keep their ground games in check.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

there is 1 thing Tre is better at then ramsy at this time. Hes a team player,and wants to be a part of the jags team.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Great QBs have always and will always slice and dice any defense in the world, including ones with Jalen Ramsey back there.  

To my eye, Herndon looks like a guy we can get away with.  He can hold down the fort for a while.  Which is better than I expected.  I hope we can use some draft picks in the next two years to reinforce our LBs and DBs, whether or not we stay with Herndon.

I'm pesimistic but impressed collectively. Herndon has been picked on during previous game to which he has finally answered the bell. I like his play and I pray the continues to mature at the position. My initial mind set was that we'll have an huge drop-off and need to draft high at the position but I now feel that it may not be necessary to do so.

Both of our starting CBs were #Undrafted. Let that sink in.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Lageman on the radio just now, credited Tony Khan for pushing the F.O. to keep Herndon on the roster at cut time last year.

Also said Herndon isn't really a diamond in the rough but you got a guy cheap that probably could have been a decent third round pick.

Hopefully he can continue to improve and develop into a solid 'number 2' CB that we can pair with a first round pick at CB like Fulton or Okudah

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2019, 11:58 AM by knarnn.)

https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...36649?s=21

(10-29-2019, 11:29 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Lageman on the radio just now, credited Tony Khan for pushing the F.O. to keep Herndon on the roster at cut time last year.

Also said Herndon isn't really a diamond in the rough but you got a guy cheap that probably could have been a decent third round pick.

Tony has been given the freedom to scout out and uncover the late round and UDFA brought in. Which is why there’s belief he’s being groomed for a larger role in the FO.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-29-2019, 11:29 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Lageman on the radio just now, credited Tony Khan for pushing the F.O. to keep Herndon on the roster at cut time last year.

Kudos to him. Big test though with Hopkins and Hilton coming up over the next two games.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."