Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
College QBs 2019 Season/2020 Draft

Jaguars need to draft Jacob Eason for pro style offense. Or convert to college spread and get Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jake Fromm, Jacob Eason & Justin Herbert would be the QB's to watch this year as potential draftees. If Nick Foles and this front office lay an egg this year we may be looking at a new coaching staff in 2020. I could see Fromm being a top ten pick if he continues to progress and Georgia actually finds a way to get over Alabama for a damn change.

Jacob Eason has a cannon for an arm. If the team does work out this year and they make the play-off's I wouldn't mind Eason as a 2nd or 3rd RD pick if he manages to fall that far. Herbert just needs to continue improving his accuracy (which he did show in that Auburn loss) to get his completion percentage up and just try to find ways to win games for his team.

He may have made a mistake by not declaring for this year's draft though. He could have very well been the pick for the Giants or even Tampa Bay had he declared. Now he's going into a QB class where he'll see Tua Tagovailoa and Jake Fromm potentially ahead of him in the prospect rankings. And then guys like Eason and even Hurts if Oklahoma continues to look good under his leadership running right up behind him as this season unfolds.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2019, 09:21 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Jaguars need to draft LSU's Burrows. He good. But they won't. They'll draft a Minshew, Tanner Lee, Brandon Allen tier qb.

(09-07-2019, 08:48 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Jaguars need to draft LSU's Burrows.  He good. But  they won't.  They'll draft a Minshew, Tanner Lee, Brandon Allen tier qb.

Burrows was trash last year...

and then he has one good game against Texas (Big12 doesn't play defense) and suddenly he's the dude to draft?

(09-11-2019, 02:49 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-07-2019, 08:48 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Jaguars need to draft LSU's Burrows.  He good. But  they won't.  They'll draft a Minshew, Tanner Lee, Brandon Allen tier qb.

Burrows was trash last year...

and then he has one good game against Texas (Big12 doesn't play defense) and suddenly he's the dude to draft?

Yeah.  Shows that your scouting skills are equivalent to the current Jaguars QB scouting staff.

Burrow looked good in the first half against Auburn. See if he finishes them off in the 2nd half now.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-26-2019, 05:52 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Burrow looked good in the first half against Auburn. See if he finishes them off in the 2nd half now.

Best QB in this draft imo.  LSU gonna beat Alabama and we gonna beat Georgia next week and a rematch in Atlanta.  LSU is much better at home.  We're gonna beat them in Atlanta

I also have Burrow as my top rated QB. That guy looks like a pro.

(10-26-2019, 06:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 05:52 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Burrow looked good in the first half against Auburn. See if he finishes them off in the 2nd half now.

Best QB in this draft imo.  LSU gonna beat Alabama and we gonna beat Georgia next week and a rematch in Atlanta.  LSU is much better at home.  We're gonna beat them in Atlanta

LSWho is going to get destroyed by 40 by Bama

It doesn't matter. At this point, the Jags should not even have QB on their radar.

(10-28-2019, 01:10 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 06:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Best QB in this draft imo.  LSU gonna beat Alabama and we gonna beat Georgia next week and a rematch in Atlanta.  LSU is much better at home.  We're gonna beat them in Atlanta

LSWho is going to get destroyed by 40 by Bama

Bama wont beat LSU

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2019, 08:24 AM by Kane.)

(09-11-2019, 04:48 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 02:49 PM)Kane Wrote: Burrows was trash last year...

Yeah.  Shows that your scouting skills are equivalent to the current Jaguars QB scouting staff.

Wasn't scouting. Was making an observation.
Further into the season I can say Burrows is very good.

And A) Jags won't be in position to draft him
and B ) We don't need to draft him

thanks!

(10-28-2019, 03:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 01:10 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: LSWho is going to get destroyed by 40 by Bama

Bama wont beat LSU

You don't believe in the Mac Attack?

I think Bama can beat LSU. 
I wouldn't say they will though. Especially some nonsense like "destroying them by 40"

Run the ball well and force a turnover or two and Bama can get it done without Tua.
Some people think Tua (with weak ankles) will play... I actually think that'd be a mistake. Bama can lose this game and the CFP committee will still let them in. They need to keep (or get) Tua healthy.

(10-30-2019, 08:19 AM)Kane Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 04:48 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:  

Wasn't scouting. Was making an observation.
Further into the season I can say Burrows is very good.

And A) Jags won't be in position to draft him
and B ) We don't need to draft him

thanks!

(10-28-2019, 03:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bama wont beat LSU

You don't believe in the Mac Attack?

I think Bama can beat LSU. 
I wouldn't say they will though. Especially some nonsense like "destroying them by 40"

Run the ball well and force a turnover or two and Bama can get it done without Tua.
Some people think Tua (with weak ankles) will play... I actually think that'd be a mistake. Bama can lose this game and the CFP committee will still let them in. They need to keep (or get) Tua healthy.
Of course Bama can beat them, but I think LSU is the better team.  Alabama's WRs vs LSU's secondary is the matchup I cant wait to see.

Herbert took a hit to his stock last night. Not a good game out in Arizona. His inaccuracy is still an issue. Not a fan of him at all.

Fromm shouldn't be a top ten pick. I watch the Bulldogs pretty often. He's just not showing enough. I know it's a run first school. But he missed some wide open TD's yesterday against the Aggies.

If Eason were smart. He would stay another year at Washington for the Huskies. This QB class is a mixed bag of injury prone players and inconsistent players and it's tempting. But he needs more film out there for scouts in my opinion.

Burrow is clearly numero uno. It's not even close. If he leads the Tigers to a Championship victory he's the top pick more than likely for the Bengals. Which is cool. He's a Native of Ohio.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Even if the team fires Caldwell and a new G.M. is hired, the team does NOT need to draft a quarterback. Foles and Minshew are not the reason this team has played so badly. The new general manager needs to address this team's horrible run defense first. It then needs to determine which of the current offensive linemen are capable of being good players. I could easily see using 2 draft picks to improve the O-Line. Tight end would be the next position of importance. Not having a good one this season has hurt the offense tremendously.

Foles is at least an average quarterback when healthy and I really believe Minshew can become a solid starting q.b. in the NFL. Give these two guys a better supporting cast and they will do very well. Let all the other teams overdraft quarterbacks so someone along the trenches drops to them- maybe even Derek Brown. No one thought Josh Allen would fall so why not Brown?

If we were to draft a QB, I would rather try and go for Trevor Lawrence in the following draft.

We can be strategic with our draft capital and see how it goes - because Lawrence is the truth.

(11-24-2019, 12:04 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Herbert took a hit to his stock last night. Not a good game out in Arizona. His inaccuracy is still an issue. Not a fan of him at all.

Fromm shouldn't be a top ten pick. I watch the Bulldogs pretty often. He's just not showing enough. I know it's a run first school. But he missed some wide open TD's yesterday against the Aggies.

If Eason were smart. He would stay another year at Washington for the Huskies. This QB class is a mixed bag of injury prone players and inconsistent players and it's tempting. But he needs more film out there for scouts in my opinion.

Burrow is clearly numero uno. It's not even close. If he leads the Tigers to a Championship victory he's the top pick more than likely for the Bengals. Which is cool. He's a Native of Ohio.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The Dolphins will probably be taking the 2nd QB off the board. Taking into account that Tua has the same type of injury that ended Bo Jackson's career and looking at how productive Lamar Jackson has been in Baltimore, don't be surprised if Miami takes Jalen Hurts with their selection. If Tua can prove he'll recover 100%, he should absolutely be the 2nd QB off the board, but Miami needs a spark to excite their fan base after dismantling the team. Hurts is a weapon. Whether he works out in the NFL, remains to be seen, but I just don't see Herbert as a good fit in Miami. I see Herbert going to Tampa, possibly the 3rd QB off the board. I believe Tua goes back to Alabama. He needs to prove that hip won't be a long term problem. He has all the tools, but his injury history concerns me. 

At this point, Fromm is no more than a late first, early 2nd rounder, but I believe he will turn out to be a much more productive pro, than he was a college player. 

Eason needs to stay in school. He's not ready. 

Burrow is the real deal. Chase Young is a dynamic DE, but if the Bengals select anyone other than Burrow, they need to have their franchise revoked.

Still not thinking QB in this draft at all for the Jags.

Minshew showed too much not to let him compete for the start next year.
I'm fine letting that play out before looking hard at prospects.

(11-25-2019, 10:51 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Still not thinking QB in this draft at all for the Jags.

Burrows is the only QB I would draft to play over Minshew and the Bengals will take him.  We have much more pressing needs.  People are mad about us not taking Jackson but he would have no where near the success with this coaching staff, oline, and TE group.  Have to find the right GM who will bring in the right coach is priority number 1 and we can change this thing around next year

(11-25-2019, 10:51 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Still not thinking QB in this draft at all for the Jags.

Indeed.
I think we see what we got in a full time starting Minshew and readdress QB in 2021 if need be.
This draft needs to be lines heavy with a LB, DB and TE sprinkled in.