Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stadium condition

The stadium, looking around this year, is in serious need of care.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You’re there? Interesting. I went to a couple games last season, and about 5 of them in 2017 and everything looked pretty good. Crazy how quickly stuff can wear out.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2019, 08:48 PM by shadowjag01.)

Ok. How do I post a photo? ?

I've only been to Raider and Jaguar games. Trust me, TIAA ain't that bad.

I was there for the tacks game. It looked fine to me.

Our stadium has aged well and any stadium of such age needs continual repairs, BUT I sit in that stadium every home game and I walk the stadium every game as well. Our stadium is in good shape for its age. I do feel that Shad Khan will push for another one though even if he has to build his own.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Perhaps I'm spoiled by the shape it's been in. Looking now I see more cracks than ever. Look at the Ring of Honor banner. Very faded and streaking in places. Restroom equipment failures. Just overall I see a lack of upkeep. My opinion. I also understand that it falls under the city's care.

We need to do what everyone else with any sense has done and get the hell out of downtown.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-28-2019, 11:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We need to do what everyone else with any sense has done and get the hell out of downtown.

This, I can agree with.  Will it happen...not in the near future (if at all).
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Not with them building all this crap around it.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(10-28-2019, 11:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We need to do what everyone else with any sense has done and get the hell out of downtown.

The Jaguars has seriously lobbied to build the downtown area around the Jaguars and the stadium. We're building an hotel, more restaurants, a new entertainment district and not to mention the drop down of the overhead highway. Shad Khan has rule over the ship yards and the Landing property is up for grabs.
Why would we move from within the downtown areas?

The ground braking will commence upon season's end.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(10-29-2019, 06:04 PM)NH3 Wrote:

The Jaguars has seriously lobbied to build the downtown area around the Jaguars and the stadium. We're building an hotel, more restaurants, a new entertainment district and not to mention the drop down of the overhead highway. Shad Khan has rule over the ship yards and the Landing property is up for grabs.

NH3...

Awesome, in 20 years we'll have another Landing to bulldoze. Building that "district" around the stadium doesn't fix the central problems with our downtown, it just give us a place to visit 10 days a year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-29-2019, 08:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 06:04 PM)NH3 Wrote: The Jaguars has seriously lobbied to build the downtown area around the Jaguars and the stadium. We're building an hotel, more restaurants, a new entertainment district and not to mention the drop down of the overhead highway. Shad Khan has rule over the ship yards and the Landing property is up for grabs.

NH3...

Awesome, in 20 years we'll have another Landing to bulldoze. Building that "district" around the stadium doesn't fix the central problems with our downtown, it just give us a place to visit 10 days a year.

Now that the FBC is selling a bunch of their properties, there might be hope for revitalizing downtown.

Build it and they will come. There has been a increase in residency in and very near the downtown area in the past few years. More entertainment and shopping is needed. Development is a good thing.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-29-2019, 09:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 08:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Awesome, in 20 years we'll have another Landing to bulldoze. Building that "district" around the stadium doesn't fix the central problems with our downtown, it just give us a place to visit 10 days a year.

Now that the FBC is selling a bunch of their properties, there might be hope for revitalizing downtown.

I am not compelled that removing the influence of FBC will be enough to solve the core issues with downtown. Though it will help with some things (more commercial nightlife for sure), too much of it is still held up by the lack of vision in the small minds of the city council.

(10-29-2019, 10:04 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Build it and they will come. There has been a increase in residency in and very near the downtown area in the past few years. More entertainment and shopping is needed. Development is a good thing.

People don't go downtown because there aren't any shops. And shops won't open there because no one goes downtown. Chicken, egg, etc. Thing they're doing now at least is building residences in the area so hopefully there will be a consumer base for more shops and entertainment to open which will then draw in more crowds. 

It's not going to solve all the problems with downtown but it's a solid foundation to start with.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2019, 09:11 AM by NH3.)

(10-29-2019, 08:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 06:04 PM)NH3 Wrote: The Jaguars has seriously lobbied to build the downtown area around the Jaguars and the stadium. We're building an hotel, more restaurants, a new entertainment district and not to mention the drop down of the overhead highway. Shad Khan has rule over the ship yards and the Landing property is up for grabs.

NH3...

The downtown development project(s) (Lot J, new sports complex) won't be limited to 10 days a year. Just as the ampitheater (Daily's Place) is utilizes year round, all other venues will be as well.

NH3...

(10-29-2019, 09:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 08:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Awesome, in 20 years we'll have another Landing to bulldoze. Building that "district" around the stadium doesn't fix the central problems with our downtown, it just give us a place to visit 10 days a year.

They have about 11 blocks for sale if I'm not mistaken.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(10-31-2019, 09:08 AM)NH3 Wrote:

The downtown development project(s) (Lot J, new sports complex) won't be limited to 10 days a year. Just as the ampitheater (Daily's Place) is utilizes year round, all other venues will be as well.

NH3...

I'm sure, just like the Landing was 20 years ago. Until the crime wave from proximity to the East Side, avalanche of the homeless, and late onset realization that moneyed residents don't live in unadulterated blight kicks in. Again.

I still can't believe the Landing is shut and will be demolished. That was the best seat in the house for fireworks displays and I always loved going to the Christmas tree lighting.

(11-03-2019, 08:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I still can't believe the Landing is shut and will be demolished. That was the best seat in the house for fireworks displays and I always loved going to the Christmas tree lighting.

The last few years going down there after sunset meant you had about a 50/50 chance of being in proximity to a violent crime.